• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Obama on television

Help Support Ranchers.net:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
He's got a whine in his voice many times.

Don't invest in the pharms

Don't invest in anything medical

Don't invest with any insurance co.

Don't hire any employees

Congress is going to flail with this health care thing his entire term.

He thinks Kennedy was a great man when it came to health care

Michelle is as racist as they come based on her actions.

Nancy does not know how to use a gavel.

Why did I even watch this fool?

Listened to a Mark Levin show last week, he was going on about the Health Care industry and what it means to the economy.

employs 10% of workforce etc, and that it is solid, one of the only inductry that is historically strong.

"Why would you want to fundamentally Change that"?

backhoeboogie said:

Don't hire any employees

You wouldn't be listening with a jaundiced "ear," would you? I know Van was...this house rocked tonight! :lol: :lol: :lol:

One thing he couldn't get past...the FACT that I'd worked for a health insurance company and watched how they defrauded and finagled.

Ah well...I love Van...and I think the world of you.

Alice

Faster horses said:
Answer: Obama either doesn't know what he's doing, or worse; he knows and does not care.

You have to ask yourself, "is he really that big of an idiot?" but then again, he could be a genius if bankrupting is his goal.

What good folks does he associate with? Why appoint all those crooks to the positions he has appointed them too?

Why have that whine in your voice if you are president and speaking to congress?

alice said:
backhoeboogie said:

Don't hire any employees

You wouldn't be listening with a jaundiced "ear," would you? I know Van was...this house rocked tonight! :lol: :lol: :lol:

One thing he couldn't get past...the FACT that I'd worked for a health insurance company and watched how they defrauded and finagled.

Alice

Alice, the fraud is present in every industry, but do you have any more faith in the Government to not defraud you, than you do of private industry with realistic controls and regulations put on them?

Both the US and Canada Health care systems need some changes. We need some of what you have, and you need some of what we have, but changes to the opposite end of the spectrum is not what either country needs.

hypocritexposer said:
alice said:
backhoeboogie said:

Don't hire any employees

Alice

Alice, the fraud is present in every industry, but do you have any more faith in the Government to not defraud you, than you do of private industry with realistic controls and regulations put on them?

Both the US and Canada Health care systems need some changes. We need some of what you have, and you need some of what we have, but changes to the opposite end of the spectrum is not what either country needs.

I've already plowed that ground tonight, Hypocrite. I'm tired as hell of hearing "everyone does it." That's not the answer...that's bull shite!

I still have faith in the United States system of government...of the people, by the people, for the people. The mood of the country right now centers on that. If that goes down the tubes, then the neocons ain't got nothing on how the centrists will react. Those in office will be beggin' for easy to get insurance...and hopin' we forget their names.

Alice

backhoeboogie said:

Don't hire any employees

Thank goodness for Pay Per view! I am done listening to this idiot, he has got to show some actions before he can get me to listen to him any more. Besides he never honors what he says so why waste the time listening, he will do something different anyways. All one has to do is go back to his campaign trail to see these examples!

Listening to Obama speak to me is like watching WWF pro wrestling on TV, once you know it is fake and means nothing it is a bore to watch. Obama does not do as he says so why waste the time!

September 9, 2009
CNN Truth Squad: Do the insured pay a $1,000 'hidden tax' to pay for uninsured?
Posted: September 9th, 2009 10:27 PM ET
The Statement:

President Barack Obama said in his September 9 address to a joint session of Congress that "those of us with health insurance are also paying a hidden and growing tax for those without it — about $1,000 per year that pays for somebody else's emergency room and charitable care."

The Facts:

Obama's remark reflected figures from a recent study by Families USA, a consumer health advocacy group, published a May 2009 study called "Hidden Health Tax: Americans Pay a Premium."

While his remark accurately reflected the effects of uninsured care, his characterization of the cost as a "hidden tax" is a figure of speech to describe an unwanted charge. It is not a tax, but a cost shift.

"In 2008, the uninsured received $116 billion worth of care from hospitals, doctors, and other providers," the study said. About $42.7 billion was "unpaid and constituted uncompensated care."

"To make up for this uncompensated care, the costs were shifted to insurers in the form of higher charges for health services. These higher charges are then passed on to families and businesses as higher premiums."

Obama mentioned $1,000 per year, leaving an impression each individual with insurance pays the cost.

The study made clear that the calculation was for families, not individuals: "The impact of this hidden health tax on annual premiums for families and individuals in 2008 was as follows: For family health care coverage, the hidden health tax was $1,017. For health coverage provided to single individuals, the hidden health tax was $368."

Robert Zirkelbach, spokesman for America's Health Insurance Plans, said Obama's statement is accurate and pointed to the Families USA study.

"We're already spending $50 billion a year to provide care for uninsured Americans," said Zirkelbach, whose national association represents nearly 1,300 member companies providing health insurance coverage to more than 200 million Americans. "We're doing it in the most expensive way possible, through the doors of the emergency rooms."

The Verdict:

True, but incomplete. Obama may have incorrectly left an impression individuals are paying a "hidden tax" of $1,000 per year for the care of others. And it's technically not a tax.

Oldtimer said:
September 9, 2009
CNN Truth Squad: Do the insured pay a $1,000 'hidden tax' to pay for uninsured?
Posted: September 9th, 2009 10:27 PM ET
The Statement:

President Barack Obama said in his September 9 address to a joint session of Congress that "those of us with health insurance are also paying a hidden and growing tax for those without it — about $1,000 per year that pays for somebody else's emergency room and charitable care."

The Facts:

Obama's remark reflected figures from a recent study by Families USA, a consumer health advocacy group, published a May 2009 study called "Hidden Health Tax: Americans Pay a Premium."

While his remark accurately reflected the effects of uninsured care, his characterization of the cost as a "hidden tax" is a figure of speech to describe an unwanted charge. It is not a tax, but a cost shift.

"In 2008, the uninsured received $116 billion worth of care from hospitals, doctors, and other providers," the study said. About $42.7 billion was "unpaid and constituted uncompensated care."

"To make up for this uncompensated care, the costs were shifted to insurers in the form of higher charges for health services. These higher charges are then passed on to families and businesses as higher premiums."

Obama mentioned $1,000 per year, leaving an impression each individual with insurance pays the cost.

The study made clear that the calculation was for families, not individuals: "The impact of this hidden health tax on annual premiums for families and individuals in 2008 was as follows: For family health care coverage, the hidden health tax was $1,017. For health coverage provided to single individuals, the hidden health tax was $368."

Robert Zirkelbach, spokesman for America's Health Insurance Plans, said Obama's statement is accurate and pointed to the Families USA study.

"We're already spending $50 billion a year to provide care for uninsured Americans," said Zirkelbach, whose national association represents nearly 1,300 member companies providing health insurance coverage to more than 200 million Americans. "We're doing it in the most expensive way possible, through the doors of the emergency rooms."

The Verdict:

True, but incomplete. Obama may have incorrectly left an impression individuals are paying a "hidden tax" of $1,000 per year for the care of others. And it's technically not a tax.

We also pay more for all commodities because of shop lifting. Does he have a plan for that?

jigs you missed what OT was saying........................
obama lied...OT admitted that :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

he won't see it as a tax...he will see it as a greedy corp sticking it to the public to earn PROFIT, those bastards in private industry!!!!

No matter what you call it-- we who have insurance in the US are already paying $42.7 billion a year or $1000+ per family for all the medical care given to uninsured residents and as the head of the Health Insurance Assn says "We're doing it in the most expensive way possible, through the doors of the emergency rooms."

And as costs go up to cover those uncompensated costs - health insurance goes up and more folks can't afford it- which raises health care costs - which raises health care insurance costs- etc., etc., etc. in a Catch-22 that steamrolls faster as more can't afford insurance- and more and more don't seek or put off preventative care....

Yes OT. They have to take them in the emergency room. It all happened on Clinton's watch right? Why not make Wal-Mart have to feed these folks too. Wal-Mart is greedy. They are also in business for profit. Shameful. :shock:

backhoeboogie said:
Yes OT. They have to take them in the emergency room. It all happened on Clinton's watch right? Why not make Wal-Mart have to feed these folks too. Wal-Mart is greedy. They are also in business for profit. Shameful. :shock:

WRONG AGAIN- Backhole...Who was President in 1986....

I hope you don't sit on your hari-kari knife when I tell you it was passed under Reagans watch...

In 1986, Congress passed a law commonly referred to as EMTALA (Federal Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act, also known as the Patient Anti-Dumping Law) to address a growing concern that EDs were refusing to treat patients based on their inability to pay. This law requires every ED to provide a minimal level of care to all comers regardless of their ability to pay.

Oldtimer said:
backhoeboogie said:

WRONG AGAIN- Backhole...Who was President in 1986....

I hope you don't sit on your hari-kari knife when I tell you it was passed under Reagans watch...

In 1986, Congress passed a law commonly referred to as EMTALA (Federal Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act, also known as the Patient Anti-Dumping Law) to address a growing concern that EDs were refusing to treat patients based on their inability to pay. This law requires every ED to provide a minimal level of care to all comers regardless of their ability to pay.

Clinton added the teeth that made it happen for illegals:

Here you go:

Democrats are right that uncompensated emergency care for the uninsured is driving up costs. What they don't say is it's illegal immigrants who are bankrupting ERs, and the federal government is encouraging them.

Last decade, the Clinton administration added teeth to a little-known Health and Human Services Department regulation mandating that hospitals provide emergency treatment even to illegals.

Under the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act, or EMTALA, hospitals can't even ask for a patient's immigration status or ability to pay prior to delivering treatment. They also can't keep such uninsured patients waiting, even if their problem isn't an emergency. Nor can they discharge them until they're fully stabilized and have safe transportation.

More, hospitals must post EMTALA signs in Spanish and English. The law isn't limited to ERs. Hospitals must accept illegals at any facility on campus - including outpatient clinics and doctor's offices - located within 250 yards of the main buildings.

Many abuse the system with encouragement from groups like Maldef and La Raza, which have spread the word about EMTALA. In Texas, hospitals are flooded with walk-in mothers in labor showing up in the ER to have their anchor babies.

Some 80% of the births at Houston's Ben Taub General Hospital and Lyndon B. Johnson General Hospital are to illegal immigrants. In Fort Worth, it's about 70%.

Any health care overhaul should start with rewriting EMTALA. No one wants to refuse emergency care to indigent Mexicans who truly need it. But when you consider that they wire an average of $300 a month in remittances back to Mexico, that money could go a long way toward purchasing medical insurance.

Oldtimer said:

Illegal aliens got access under Clinton's watch. You need to dig a little deeper before you put that finger on the trigger.

backhoeboogie said:
Oldtimer said:

Illegal aliens got access under Clinton's watch. You need to dig a little deeper before you put that finger on the trigger.

When they're lying out there on the pavement- you can't go asking for citizenship papers.....
Reagan knew that quite well....

Latest posts