• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

OK BOYS HERE IT IS,THE REAL DEAL

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Oldtimer said:
the chief said:
SH said:
How can anyone be so naive as to think that R-CALF had anything to do with higher cattle prices.

We had higher cattle prices DESPITE R-CALF. What more proof does anyone need than the fact that cattle prices continued to rise after the Canadian border was opened to boxed beef and then again after the Canadian border was opened to live cattle.

I ask a simple question: How much profit did cattlemen enjoy BEFORE R-CALF was a part of the equation? :shock:

You mean back in the days of year after year of $60-$70 calves and $18 cull cows-- when NCBA yearly told us to wait until next year :???: And pay your checkoff because that is getting us these good prices :???: :lol: :lol:

What did several Congressmen say--Something about we didn't even no times were tough in the cattle business until R-CALF came along and told us- NCBA kept saying everything was just great :!: As long as you have those getting greased palms running it you will hear no different.....

You mean back when gas was 75 cents a gallon and pickups were$ 5,000.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Oldtimer said:
the chief said:
SH said:

I ask a simple question: How much profit did cattlemen enjoy BEFORE R-CALF was a part of the equation? :shock:

You mean back in the days of year after year of $60-$70 calves and $18 cull cows-- when NCBA yearly told us to wait until next year :???: And pay your checkoff because that is getting us these good prices :???: :lol: :lol:

What did several Congressmen say--Something about we didn't even no times were tough in the cattle business until R-CALF came along and told us- NCBA kept saying everything was just great :!: As long as you have those getting greased palms running it you will hear no different.....

You mean back when gas was 75 cents a gallon and pickups were$ 5,000.

Last new pickup I bought for $5,000 was in 1973 :roll: ...That means I gave NCBA and the checkoff 30 years to get decent prices and R-CALF did it for us in only a couple......

Big Muddy rancher said:
Just what did R-CALF do?

For one they led the charge to keep the border closed to all your Canadian "diseased cattle" ( remember how you Canucks used to love to use that term when they were talking about ALL US cattle :wink: :lol: )- which has kept the US consumer confidence in beef-- the border being still closed to OTM's is the main reason our old culls are selling for $800....

OCM: "And your economic analysis where you isolated all these factors says what?"

It says that prices were higher DESPITE R-CULT's BSE "fear mongering" to stop a WHOPPING 5% of our U.S. Beef consumption (Canadian live cattle imports THAT WERE COMING DOWN IN BOXES) by lying about the affects of BSE.

Risking the integrity of 80% of our U.S. beef consumption to stop the importation of 5% of our U.S. beef consumption only to have Canada eventually steal that portion of our export markets. REAL BRILLIANCE THERE OCM! Absolutely, bar none, the stupidist political move I have ever seen in my life.

It also says prices would have been lower DURING THEIR LOWS without the extra value that the beef checkoff created.

Don't lecture me on isolating factors that affect cattle markets when your chosen leaders have a new "BLAME FOR THE DAY" every time the cattle market drops. One week it's imports, the next week it's captive supplies, the next week it's packer concentration, and the next week it's USDA.

ALWAYS BLAMING SOMEONE when you guys don't have a clue what factors are playing on the markets such as competitive meat supplies, consumer discretionary spending, demand driven by value added products, boxed beef supplies, export demand, etc. etc.

R-CALF is still showing their phony graph that isolates the live cattle and beef trade sectors without mentioning hides and beef variety meat trade. Trying to create an "ILLUSION" again.

Funny how we can have the highest feeder calf prices ever recorded with the same level of packer concentration, virtually the same levels of captive supplies, and virtually the same level of imports.

Shows how much you geniuses know doesn't it?

Not one of you has the integrity to admit how wrong you were about feeder calf price predictions against the opening of the Canadian border. The epitomy of ignorance and arrogance.

The Chief: "I ask a simple question: How much profit did cattlemen enjoy BEFORE R-CALF was a part of the equation?"

HAHAHA!

TALK ABOUT CREATING AN "ILLUSION".

How much profit did cattlemen enjoy before we went to war in Iraq???

That would have just as much relevance.

Tell me one thing R-CULT did to increase the profitability of the cattleman? FEEDER CATTLE PRICES WENT UP AFTER THE CANADIAN BORDER OPENED so don't give me that lame argument.

Had NCBA and USDA not been there to offset R-CULT's lies about BSE, the headlines would have read "U.S. BEEF DEEMED HIGH RISK DUE TO BSE IN NATIVE HERD".

That's how much R-CULT helped U.S. cattle producers. How could anyone be so ignorant as to risk the integrity of 80% of our U.S. beef consumption to stop the importation of 5% of our U.S. beef consumption by lying about BSE. UN BE LIEVABLE!

~SH~

~SH~ said:
OCM: "And your economic analysis where you isolated all these factors says what?"

It says that prices were higher DESPITE R-CULT's BSE "fear mongering" to stop a WHOPPING 5% of our U.S. Beef consumption (Canadian live cattle imports THAT WERE COMING DOWN IN BOXES) by lying about the affects of BSE.

Risking the integrity of 80% of our U.S. beef consumption to stop the importation of 5% of our U.S. beef consumption only to have Canada eventually steal that portion of our export markets. REAL BRILLIANCE THERE OCM! Absolutely, bar none, the stupidist political move I have ever seen in my life.

It also says prices would have been lower DURING THEIR LOWS without the extra value that the beef checkoff created.

Don't lecture me on isolating factors that affect cattle markets when your chosen leaders have a new "BLAME FOR THE DAY" every time the cattle market drops. One week it's imports, the next week it's captive supplies, the next week it's packer concentration, and the next week it's USDA.

ALWAYS BLAMING SOMEONE when you guys don't have a clue what factors are playing on the markets such as competitive meat supplies, consumer discretionary spending, demand driven by value added products, boxed beef supplies, export demand, etc. etc.

R-CALF is still showing their phony graph that isolates the live cattle and beef trade sectors without mentioning hides and beef variety meat trade. Trying to create an "ILLUSION" again.

Funny how we can have the highest feeder calf prices ever recorded with the same level of packer concentration, virtually the same levels of captive supplies, and virtually the same level of imports.

Shows how much you geniuses know doesn't it?

Not one of you has the integrity to admit how wrong you were about feeder calf price predictions against the opening of the Canadian border. The epitomy of ignorance and arrogance.

The Chief: "I ask a simple question: How much profit did cattlemen enjoy BEFORE R-CALF was a part of the equation?"

HAHAHA!

TALK ABOUT CREATING AN "ILLUSION".

How much profit did cattlemen enjoy before we went to war in Iraq???

That would have just as much relevance.

Tell me one thing R-CULT did to increase the profitability of the cattleman? FEEDER CATTLE PRICES WENT UP AFTER THE CANADIAN BORDER OPENED so don't give me that lame argument.

Had NCBA and USDA not been there to offset R-CULT's lies about BSE, the headlines would have read "U.S. BEEF DEEMED HIGH RISK DUE TO BSE IN NATIVE HERD".

That's how much R-CULT helped U.S. cattle producers. How could anyone be so ignorant as to risk the integrity of 80% of our U.S. beef consumption to stop the importation of 5% of our U.S. beef consumption by lying about BSE. UN BE LIEVABLE!

~SH~

So you want everyone to fall into the same trap that England fell under when faced with BSE? How did it turn out for them, SH? What happened to their cattle industry?

The only way to face a health threat like BSE is with economics that provides incentives to find the cause, isolate it, and destroy it. Canada should have had those economics in place when BSE first showed up, and the U.S. should also. Right now we have a USDA that is busy sweeping things under the rug. You get graded on how clean the floor is, even the part under the rug. You espouse a system to keep the rug down instead of cleaning the floor completely. Who should be trusted here, and who will the American people trust when they see what is happening and it is on their radar screen? Canada has probably come much further than the USDA in the BSE deal, but they still have captive supply issues that keep there from being a north american herd. As long as Canada sucks up to the current administration in the USDA (and I know some producers are not) this will not change. If we are going to have a "north american herd" the PSA has to be applied to all of North America. Right now, Tyson is taking everything up to the supreme court and running every legal and political obstacle they can to get their way. Some people are just tired of it.

Conman,

You don't know what you are talking about in any other discussion and now you think you are an authority on how to handle BSE?

You are such a phony. All you do is make crap up as you go along.

If the PM's I have received are any indication, I don't think anyone even reads your posts except a handful of packer blamers like Sandbag that care as little about the facts as you do.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Conman,

You don't know what you are talking about in any other discussion and now you think you are an authority on how to handle BSE?

You are such a phony. All you do is make crap up as you go along.

If the PM's I have received are any indication, I don't think anyone even reads your posts except a handful of packer blamers like Sandbag that care as little about the facts as you do.

~SH~

SH, you have got to stop reading those pms. They are making your head swell and sway. Everything, every decision, is an economic decision. Decisions about BSE are no different.

I don't care if anyone but you reads my posts, SH. I can always count on you. :shock:

Oldtimer said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Just what did R-CALF do?

For one they led the charge to keep the border closed to all your Canadian "diseased cattle" ( remember how you Canucks used to love to use that term when they were talking about ALL US cattle :wink: :lol: )- which has kept the US consumer confidence in beef-- the border being still closed to OTM's is the main reason our old culls are selling for $800....

When you butcher an animal you have to market the cuts. In Canada we have little sale for cheaper cuts. Fast food is big business in the states. You guys have to export your expensive cuts because you have little market for them. Free trade if its fair is good for both sides.
I was actually disapointed when they reopened the border because if it would have stayed closed some of your packing plants would have closed down and moved to Canada.
But on the other hand if we can both market our beef efficiently both sides win. If that border would have stayed closed prices would have gone to high at the retail level and people would switch from beef to poultry, fish, etc.
I think the main problem is the packing companies. There the ones making all the money. .
But on the other hand if you think AB beef is no good and you want to close the border. Fine go for it. Alberta has the worlds second biggest oil reserves. Second only to saudi Arabia. Right now one gallon out of every seven gallons of gas that is in your tank comes from Alberta. In twenty years one half of every gallon you buy will come from Alberta.
If you think Alberta beef is the source of all your troubles. Fine close the border. We wont trade nothing with you including oil.
BTW Alberta is about the most pro American place in the world. Who do you want to trade with? Us or the middle east?
BTW Our BSE up here was very suspicious. The American that caused this whole mess up here acted like he was working for the American Packing companies.
There is no way that anybody in their right mind would ever dream of trying to sell a downer cow at an auction in ALberta!
Look if somebody tried to pass off a sick animal that animal would be shot on site when he unloaded it at the auction for everyone to see"brand side up!". Every cattle buyer would be notified about what he tried to do. The guy would be blacklisted!
Plus then the dummy made all these stupid statements to the media. It seemed like he was trying to destroy the beef industry. Hard to believe it was all an accident.

Latest posts