• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

ok to all you so called open minded folks

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed said:
That ends up giving it undeserved dignity.[/quote

Who decides what is perversion? Who decides what deserves dignity and what doesn't? Aren't we all just mortal men/women? Or did some reach judge status and I missed it?

CattleRMe said:
Soapweed said:
That ends up giving it undeserved dignity.

Who decides what is perversion? Who decides what deserves dignity and what doesn't? Aren't we all just mortal men/women? Or did some reach judge status and I missed it?

You and your left-leaning cronies will never be convinced, so I do believe I will quit trying. Do you not understand the word "abomination"? God called it that; I didn't.

Soapweed said:
CattleRMe said:
Soapweed said:
That ends up giving it undeserved dignity.

You and your left-leaning cronies will never be convinced, so I do believe I will quit trying. Do you not understand the word "abomination"? God called it that; I didn't.

Go back to an abortion post I thanked you for explaining it to me. No sarcasm I was saying thank you for your time in answering me. :cry:

I didn't know I had cronies here I thought i was new enough to not be part of a click. If I'm that ignorant don't read me. If you notice I ask questions I also acknowledge someone when they make me rethink some past thoughts. Jinglebob is one that makes me sometimes rethink an issue why because he just says his point doesn't try and make another feel bad because they view it differently.

crabby said:
You are actually apologizing for ALL your posts?? :???: :???:

No I simply thanked Soapweed for his time in explaining a question I had.

Why would I apologize for my opinions? I said rethink I didn't say he changed my mind.

CattleRMe said:
Jinglebob said:
Something I just thought of. Wouldn't having homosexual men showering together be about the same as having heterosexual men and women showering together? Sure could lead to problems.

Maybe in the military, they need to put the homosexual men with the heterosexual women and vice versa. :???:

Good thoughts to ponder.

Thoughts to ponder or maybe just wishful thinking on the part of the heterosexual men showering with the homosexual women .... Sorry I couldn't resist! :wink: :D :lol:

Are all the problems of the world settled now that all there is to discuss is who has sex whom?

I know of many high ranking gays in the military...several branches in fact...they are quiet successful and do a good job. They are defending your country right this very minute.

Why should we care about what they --gay people--do in their off time? And I've yet to see a roaming pack of lusty eyed gays/lesbians out with a rope searching for prey.

What is everyone scared of? What ever happened to JUST SAY NO if you're not interested?

Gays have the same rights as straights in my mind. Except to get married in those churches which say that they can not.

I don't think anyone is trying to force churches to conduct marriages they don't want to.
Shoot, your church wouldn't have married my husband and I, for example, because neither of us is Catholic. I can't think of anyone who has a problem with something like that.
The problem is that a civil union, done by a JP is denied them, too in almost every state.

Gays don't have the same rights as straights, but they should. One thousand forty-nine. That's the number of rights, according to the gov't, that are allowed to people who are legally married, but not to those who only cohabitate.
And that's not taking into account the legal right of an employer to discriminate based on sexual orientation, a restaraunt owner to not serve gay customers, etc. It's "No Indians or Dogs" all over again.

I've met several self proclaimed gays and have never had a problem with them. I don't want to know what goes on in thier bedroom any more than anyone else. Just as I don't want to know what went on in my parents or grand parents bedroom. Yuck!

I agree! Friend of ours was railing on about how disgusting fags were one day. "Can you imagine what they do?!"
I said, "Shane, I really don't want to know what you do." He was a little taken aback. :lol:

And I think we should get just as upset with people who are fornicators and adulterers, as we do with gay people.
Frankly, I have more of a problem with adulterers than I do with fornicators or homosexuals. Fornication and homosexuality involve two people. The only ones who are possibly getting hurt are themselves.
But adultery includes the betrayal of at least one other person... :(

Not to mention the financial cost of replacing troops who have opted out under "don't ask don't tell":

"The financial costs to the U.S. military for discharging and replacing gay service members under the nation's "don't ask, don't tell" policy are nearly twice what the government estimated last year, with taxpayers covering at least $364 million in associated funds over the policy's first decade, according to a University of California report scheduled for release today.

Members of a UC-Santa Barbara group examining the cost of the policy found that a Government Accountability Office study last year underestimated the costs of firing approximately 9,500 service members between 1994 and 2003 for homosexuality. The GAO, which acknowledged difficulties in coming up with its number, estimated a cost of at least $190.5 million for the same time period. The new estimate is 91 percent higher."

And now we're having problems recruiting soldiers of any sexual orientation....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/13/AR2006021302373.html

kolanuraven said:
Are all the problems of the world settled now that all there is to discuss is who has sex whom?

I know of many high ranking gays in the military...several branches in fact...they are quiet successful and do a good job. They are defending your country right this very minute.

Why should we care about what they --gay people--do in their off time? And I've yet to see a roaming pack of lusty eyed gays/lesbians out with a rope searching for prey.

What is everyone scared of? What ever happened to JUST SAY NO if you're not interested?

:clap: :clap:

Quote from the Matthew Shepard Foundation "Replace hate with understanding, compassion, and acceptance."

Matthew Wayne Shepard (December 1, 1976 – October 12, 1998) was an American student at the University of Wyoming, who was murdered by Russell Henderson and Aaron McKinney near Laramie, Wyoming on the night of October 6–October 7. He was attacked in the early morning of October 7, 1998, and then died from his injuries in the hospital on October 12. The perpetrators are currently serving life sentences in prison.

The prosecutor in the case charged that they pretended to be homosexuals in order to gain Matthew's trust to rob him.[1] During the trial, Chastity Pasley and Kristen Price (the pair's then-girlfriends) testified under oath that Henderson and McKinney both plotted beforehand to rob a gay man. McKinney and Henderson then went to the Fireside Lounge, a gay hangout, and selected Shepard as their target. After befriending him, they took him to a remote area of Laramie where they robbed him, beat him severely (media reports often contained the graphic account of the pistol whipping and his smashed skull) and tied him to a fence with his own shoe laces.

Yet we've seen heterosexuals out looking for prey.

It apprear most who have answered here, have not served in the military?

Gays were in the service when I joined....and still there when I retired...so arguing about it does little good......it is just a fact of life......

President Clinton started the don't ask policy....it is a fair but flawed policy.....it gives any person not wanting to serve after recieving training an option to get out with out penelty......

I have served with many who "could have been" gay and a few who got out using the don't ask don't tell who were not gay but just using it as an out.....and that was before the war...

the gay person who "flaunts his sexual preferance" is the one who is either trying to make a stand for gay rights or using it to get out.....most others serve and try to just do thier job....

the only one that ever bothered me was the one who showed up with a camera crew, lawyer and make up on......He was an increadable ass and one of those who discredited the entire service......but he was also the one many use as the example of why they should not be in.....ignoreing the many that serve and follow the regs.....

Latest posts