• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Old Barn?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I hate to say it but I am very aware of how much work it needs.... :cry2: But if I can ever get my home improvement project completed (pic's of that when I get a chance)I am guessing I will feel guilty enough to start on the barn.... I have a real soft spot for old barns and would likely be sick for days if I ever tore it down. I was kind of curious if anyone else felt that way and it seems that I am not the only one that deeply appreciates an old barn. My next question for everyone is this Tin roof(white, brown, galvanized?), painted walls (red with a white hay door) or would you tin it all with the white,brown,galv roof and red sides with a white tined hay door? One other thought I had is to put an addition to the north side to put a shute and working pens in. Thanks for the feedback everyone is great around here.. 8)

Stretch said:
Here is photo of my barn this is the south side. Tired but proud she stands.. 8)
Barn_1.JPG

I vote keep the barn (if the structure is sound), brown tin roof, red barn, white trim and YES build corrals and put a chute there. 8)

Don't forget, back in those days when barns were built they were built to LAST

Latest posts