• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Old Boys club

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tam

Reaction score
Taken from an article that was in last weeks Western Producer (the paper that first had the story about R-CALF members owning Canadian cattle that is just now hitting the Billings Gazette) The article was titled "One judge stops the USDA" By Michael Raine

The most interesting part. :shock:
Cebull is one of those 28 regional judges and one of two in Montana. He was among President George Bush's first judicial appointees nominated by the U.S. Senators Burns and Baucus in 2001.
His nomination was unusual because Republican Conrad Burns and Democrat Max Baucas agreed on his appointment and jointly petitioned the President and Senate for his approval. Despite sitting on oppisite sides of the Senate they each have supported anti-Canadian trade actions throughout their careers and last week both men voted against the March 7 resumption of live ruminant trade with Canada.

This is the same judge that wouldn't hear any friend of the court briefs, ruled against the USDA in April. Is it a wonder why R-CALF uses him and don't give me well he is right there in their home town he was put there by Baucas and Burns two Anti Trade Senators. How much do you think R-CALF leadership and staunch R-CALF supporters donate to these two Senators reelection campaigns. what did Burns and Baucas had to say to Cebull for him to make a ruling before he even heard the case. We got you into you cushy live time job, and we are going after the Senate and it would sure help if you ruled our way?
You have to wonder if Bush feels the knife twisting in his back now. He appointed the judge that ruled against the USDA twice and the Two Senators that nominated him got the Senate to rule against the USDA too. Better hope that R-CALFers haven't paid for the Montana House Rep. reelection campaigns too.

He also ruled against the NMA case. At least the NMA court case is being appealed. and if this is true then maybe they will have half a chance.

Larry Howell of the University of Montana Law School said " The US federal Government knows the road from Billings to San Francisco pretty well. They often make the trip to appeal Montana rulings of one type or another,"

The more we learn the worse this stinks of dirty politics. :x

Tam- It is the common practice of the US Senators to name nominees for vacancies to a US judgeship in their district-- and anyway in Montana, its common for both Senators to drop party affiliation to both back a nominee...

So I see no black helicopter circling there.....

Tam= I bet they get more campaign dollars from them than they do from you.

See this is the United States of America says nothing about canada.

Oldtimer said:
Tam- It is the common practice of the US Senators to name nominees for vacancies to a US judgeship in their district-- and anyway in Montana, its common for both Senators to drop party affiliation to both back a nominee...

So I see no black helicopter circling there.....

His nomination was unusual because Republican Conrad Burns and Democrat Max Baucas agreed on his appointment and jointly petitioned the President and Senate for his approval.

Are you sure :???:

Despite sitting on oppisite sides of the Senate they each have supported anti-Canadian trade actions throughout their careers and last week both men voted against the March 7 resumption of live ruminant trade with Canada

IS this also common practice in other states.

Speaking of a bitter attitude! Your export markets would be open to your country if you'd open your border to us!

Hat said:
Shelly said:
Speaking of a bitter attitude! Your export markets would be open to your country if you'd open your border to us!

YOUR A BIG FAT LIAR. YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO WAY OF BACKING THIS COMMENT UP. :shock:

I think Nebrusker/R-Calf Just changed his name what do the rest of you think?

Shelly said:

SURE pull the other one it has bells on it....

Are you that stupid? The Japanese have said repeatedly that they'd take your beef if you would open your markets to us. I'm not going to squabble about this with you, you should just do a little more research. This'll just end up in you and I trading insults, and you just aren't worth my time.

Tam said:
Hat said:
Shelly said:

YOUR A BIG FAT LIAR. YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO WAY OF BACKING THIS COMMENT UP. :shock:

I think Nebrusker/R-Calf Just changed his name what do the rest of you think?

YUP!!!! (as hanta yo would say)

Shelly said:
Are you that stupid? The Japanese have said repeatedly that they'd take your beef if you would open your markets to us. I'm not going to squabble about this with you, you should just do a little more research. This'll just end up in you and I trading insults, and you just aren't worth my time.

Repeatedly? You want to provide a credible source?

Well I'm going to make myself look stupid and like I don't know what I'm talking about, but I can't find the article I'm looking for. But I know what I read.

Now i know hat is nebrusker,only nebrusker was that ignorant.The only reason hat didn't swear,was because he didn't want the boot again.You have all noticed that nebrusker doesn't post anything,under the name r-calf anymore.

Hat said:
Shelly said:

Hat, you're right. I can't back it up, I would if I could find what I was looking for. At least I don't resort to name calling to try and make my point.

Thats the only way,some children know how to act Shelly,is by name calling.Proves what kind of man he actually is,or should i say boy?

Hat said:
3words said:
Thats the only way,some children know how to act Shelly,is by name calling.Proves what kind of man he actually is,or should i say boy?

Please prove it if you can BOY! Thats right you can't, i'll be damned if i'll sit back and let you canucks post lies and hearsay. I know your all p****d but that doesn't give you a permit to slander the US and post lies. This is a trade issue, you got what you had coming, 4 cases of BSE merely put the last nail in the coffin.

If this is a trade issue as you say then why is R-CALF using health safety threats to scare the He(( out of your consumers. They will be the ones pounding the nails in the US beef industry coffin. And WHAT GIVES R-CALF THE PERMIT TO SLANDER THE CANADIAN BEEF INDUSTRY, AND STATE LIES. NEBRUSKER. :mad:

In Sandy Russel's report on the Alberta Beef Industry Conference, Dr. Joyce VanDonkersgoed (AB Verified Beef program)was asked "If our industries are so linked why are we finding BSE cases and the US is not even though they have tested a higher number of animals?` Her comment was the "gold standard" tests (final confirmatory tests) in Canada and the US are different. She said the US version uses a test with 1 micoclonal antibody, compared to Canada's test which uses 15 microclonal antibodies. This could account for the difference.

Latest posts