• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Old Factoid of The Day

Help Support Ranchers.net:

March 21, 1989-'A group of Kansas Angus breeder conducted an EPD bull sale-it was billed as first such bull sale in the United States. Sale results were disappointing mainly due to bad weather'

Interesting that they've only been around in use for 20 years seems like forever-wonder how long before we have a sale with no info but DNA markers.

katrina said:
rancherfred said:
katrina said:
I was releaved to NOT find any penthouse or playgirl!!! :wink:

You must think your son is a bit confused about which team he is playing for! :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock:

OOOPPPPPSSSSSS My bad!!!
It's playboy isn't it??? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Not so sure katrina doesn't know what she is talking about. By the sounds of this she might have a stash of her own! lol

Tom Field-associatte prof of animal science at Colorado State in the May, 1997 Canadian Hereford Digest on why we need to garantee seedstock 100%.

"You know what a 99 percent garantee equates to. Two unsafe landings a wek at Chicago's O'Hare Airport, 20,000 incorrect drug prescriptions per year, 500 bungled surgeries per year, 50 newborn babies dropped at birth every day and 22,000 cheques deducted from the wrong account every hour. It really isn't good enough-100% has to be the goal."

I liked this quote the most though!!

"The biggest myth in the seedstock business is that the commercial cow/calf producer is too dumb to know what genetics he wants and needs, therefore, seedstock producers must lead the way."

Northern Rancher said:
Tom Field-associatte prof of animal science at Colorado State in the May, 1997 Canadian Hereford Digest on why we need to garantee seedstock 100%.

"You know what a 99 percent garantee equates to. Two unsafe landings a wek at Chicago's O'Hare Airport, 20,000 incorrect drug prescriptions per year, 500 bungled surgeries per year, 50 newborn babies dropped at birth every day and 22,000 cheques deducted from the wrong account every hour. It really isn't good enough-100% has to be the goal."

I liked this quote the most though!!

"The biggest myth in the seedstock business is that the commercial cow/calf producer is too dumb to know what genetics he wants and needs, therefore, seedstock producers must lead the way."

Thanks NR - I like your daily facts, maybe like Shortgrass Sunday thoughts they can become a regular feature?
I had to look up the statistics about O'Hare though as that didn't sound right. They claimed an average of 2400 flights a day in '08 so if 1% are unsafe that would be 168 unsafe landings a week not 2! :shock:
Hey, but what's wrong with 50 newborn babies dropped at birth every day ? I'd be happy if my bulls could guarantee that :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts