• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Old Movies!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Angus Cattle Shower

Reaction score
I am just watching the 3rd Pink Panther in my DVD collection! I got 3, (and Dad) and I love 'em! Pete Sellers is great! And lots of those old movies and scenes get so predictable, but you still have to stay and see what will happen next!! And if you can predict the scene, it will still be funny!Each one gets better and better!
I also like Smokey and the Bandit!!
What is everyone's favourite "old Movies"?

anything with abbott and costello---if ya ever need a good belly laugh, just pop in one of their movies and get ready to laugh!!! Another old time favorite of mine is "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers"...I am not a big musical fan, but this is one that my mom and i used to watch together when I was younger...Lord, I was gonna grow up and marry the oldest brother, Adam...can't remember who played him, though!! Did marry myself a red-head though!! :wink: :wink: My dad and the hubby both love anything from Monty Python! Holy Grail is hubby's favorite! Of course, if you are looking at western's, I grew up a huge fan of clint eastwoods and his cheesy spaghetti (no pun intended) westerns! Love anything with Cary Grant, Maureen O'Hara, Brian Keith, The Duke, Jerry lewis and dean martin (another funny duo)!!! Ahhhhhh...memories! :D :D

Wolly Boys isn't a REAL western, but it is based in a modern world, where two guys run a sheep ranch like the '30's.
It's a really good movie. Kinda tear jerking... n ot that it came from me or anything....

I've heard of John Wayne... not the cowboys though. I guess living in a science fiction and horror society, I love to watch comedies, but even those are getting out of hand now. Good Ol Westerns, books, and Pink Panther... not to forget the other classics!

The Cowboys is the name of a John Wayne movie....really good one too!!!

Since when is Smokey and the Bandit...an old movie??? lol dont seem that long ago to me.

My favorite movie of all time is The Quick and the Dead - Sam Elliott one NOT Sharon Stone. think it was done in 84 or so.

Also a good one, not a western tho....."All the Rivers Run."

"Somewhere in Time" with Christopher Reeves

"The Cowboys" is also Gregs favorite,hands down old or new movie! Mine is "Gone With The Wind".I'm talking OLD MOVIES,sorry angus but the pink panther isn't an old movie LOL

Mrs.Greg said:
"The Cowboys" is also Gregs favorite,hands down old or new movie! Mine is "Gone With The Wind".I'm talking OLD MOVIES,sorry angus but the pink panther isn't an old movie LOL

The Cowboy's is'nt that old either now is it...

If they are older than me, I relate to them as old! Smokey and the bandit is like 29-25 years older than me! So is the pink Panther, i think...

Angus Cattle Shower said:
Denny said:
The COWBOYS hands down.. :cowboy:
Who are they?

By Far one of my ALL time favorites.... and little "ralphie"s as well. It's about a group of young cowhands on a trail ride with none other than JOHN wayne. They get into some trouble with some cattle rustlers and the story begins!! GOOD ONE! you have to see it if you haven't.

Clay O'Brien Cooper, a world champion heeler was in The Cowboys. Great movie. A classic actually.

And ACS you have only 'heard of John Wayne?' What is the world coming to? He was IT, he was THE western actor of all time. The GREAT DUKE. Get as many movies of his and watch them. You will not be disappointed.

You have that right Faster Horses :!: Mclintock and Red River are my all time favorite movies. Jimmy Stuart was another great oldtime western movie actor. His voice and mannerisms put him right up there with John Wayne.

Mike Piatt played Homer in the Cowboys. when I was a kid, dad did a lot of team roping, and he knew Mike. I always thought dad was so cool knowing a guy who ws in a movie.
Now my kids love the Cowboys and when I told them that Granpa roped with one of the actors he elevated about 10 notches on thier ratings too.

to this day, I still get a chill at how well the guy played the "bad guy" in the cowboys.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Since when is Smokey and the Bandit...an old movie??? lol dont seem that long ago to me.

I agree Jersey Lilly! I can remember going to see the original Smokey and the Bandit. Went to see it with some of the guys during high school.

Another good movie from that era was The Goodbye Girl with Richard Dreyfuss (sp?) That was more of a chick flick type movie. I don't remember that much about it! :wink: :lol: :D

Latest posts