• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Old Tractors - Contest

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
1.Hanta Yo
Oldtractor.jpg

2.Clarencen
scan0001-4.jpg

3.Jigger Boss
IMG_722622.jpg

congrats to all :!: very good pics, i voted for the only apparent runner but the others are a tribute to their generation.

could we get makes and models?

I liked that McCormick deering. My dad had a 15-30 back in the 1930's.

The tractor in my picture set near the road south east of Martin SD for several years. I took that picture several years ago, the date on the back said 3/4/93.

I believe it is a Rumley, a smaller model. It is hitched to a 2 or 3 bottom breaking plow, I don't remember which. I believe some of what looks like levers are shadows.

When I was a young kid a fellow North of Crookston, Ne had two old Rumleys setting in his yard. They were bigger then this one. Every time we drove by, my brother and I would look to see them. During the 1930's he still used one of them to run the theshing machine. Although we lived 8 or 10 miles away from his neighborhood, on a still summer day we could hear the heartbeat, the Pum Pum Pum of that tractor on the thresh machine. Dad would tell us "that's Joe Reed Threshing". I believe these old tractors and his threshing machine went for scrap iron during WWII.

Latest posts