• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Other than working what do you do for fun?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I REALLY enjoy helping other people. While I may be doing the exact same thing, that I would be doing at home, at someone elses place, I find it really relaxing. The other thing I REALLY enjoy doing, is shooting hand guns. Up until 4 years ago, I was terrified of them. NOW, I own way to many, and shoot a bunch more. :lol:

Helping my kids with their 4-H critters. Do a little fishing at the lake and take a couple summer trips. Can't beat a good book and a little beverage late in the evening. Seem to also like doing my buddy's cow herd book work which earns me feed for my cows in trade. Like to AI other people's cows in the spring. Hunt the wild pheasant in the fall/winter and chase my hunting dog around the wild open.

I'm partial to hitting small town bowling alleys. I like to write, read, ride, disturb my cows for no good reason, and drive through the mud when I get the chance. Of course, nothing quite beats warming up the barrel of just about any gun. Living the rural lifestyle, you tend to find enjoyment in very simple things. Sometimes just observing animal behavior can provide hours of free entertainment.

I would post pictures of my shooting range and some of my firearms but I cannot get them to post. I don't know if it is a photo bucket issue or a Ranchers issue but I give up!

George said:
I would post pictures of my shooting range and some of my firearms but I cannot get them to post. I don't know if it is a photo bucket issue or a Ranchers issue but I give up!

hope you can get it figured out George, sure would like to see those pic's

If someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong I will share more.

Fro right now what is supposed to come up is my 5906 that I carry in my duty holster and my 6906 that I carry as back up on duty and CCW when not on duty.

The 6906 is 2# lighter and 1" shorter in both length and height - - - it is a 12 +1 where the 5906 is a 15+1 but both will accept the 15 round magazines so when I'm on duty I have 15+1 - - - 12+1 - - - and 2 15 round mags for back up.

If I don't have the situation under control by then I'll hide waiting for back-up.

Being real I have never needed to fire over 3 rounds in the last 40 years and hope to never have to fire again accept in training.

5906over6906_zps03b15da0.jpg

Big Muddy rancher said:
sandtrap said:
George I thought you were in the gravel business? what do you do?

He gravels roads in tough neighbor "hoods". :D :D

Either that, or "gravel thievery" is running rampant in Indiana? :lol:

I want to see the pics. :wink:

sandtrap said:
George I thought you were in the gravel business? what do you do?

I own "Greensboro Sand & Gravel" and I also own a small shooting range "Greensboro Recreation" where we train both civilians and local law enforcement and also allow the local volunteer fire department to hold "mud boggs" and "tractor pulls" for fund raising.

My son and I also farm around 2,300 acres of corn and soybeans and have built the local "Beck's" seed business from the smallest dealership in their company to the largest dealership in east central Indiana in a 4 year period.

Was in the USMC for 4 years, local Sheriff's department for 5 years and now feel older than most of the dirt I farm.

Still trying to post pictures.

66-1W25_zpsa102a627.jpg

For some reason they will not post.

just finished loading a couple hundred .204, rain pounding on the tin roof of my reloading trailer, wood stove going to take the chill and dampness off, Ian Tyson on the cd player, and a shot of CR and COKE (not pepsi). can it get any better than this ?

Mike said:
Where are the pictures George? :wink:

I have them both on my computer and on Photobucket - - - where you see the little box with the X is the link to photobucket - - - I have posted hundreds of pictures here in the past but since the "New" Photobucket I cannot get them to post any more

It is probably something I am doing but I have not been able to figure it out yet!

Are you sure you are using the correct link? I'm not real fond of the new Photo Bucket. I have a dozen or so pictures, that don't show up in the library. I can find them on my home page of Photo Bucket, though.
I sure hope you can get them to post, I would really like to see your range. Someday, I would like to build an indoor range. Mainly to make it easier to find the brass out of the semis. :oops:

On the "New" PhotobucketI loaded some older pictures off my daughters camera and they wouldn't show up.I tried a couple of times and gave up. I was looking back a few pages in the library and here they were. Don't know if it has to do with the date stamp or not.
I also have to click on the picture so it's the only one showing and click on the bottom of four options shown at right.As soon as I click it says copied and I can then paste to ranchers. :?

We go gigging. Have metal halide lights on the front of the boat and go stab fish in the dark.

Latest posts