• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Our Farm/Ranch Display

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cody-n-Nancy

Reaction score
Our Farm-Ranch Display1.JPG
Our Farm-Ranch Display2.JPG
Our Farm-Ranch Display3.JPG

#1: Swine and piglets. #2: Our Horses. #3: Cows/Calves
All corrals have feeders/hay and water holders.
Three or four more pictures to come of: farm equipment, barn, bull corral w/cowboys on horseback with ropes.

What do you think?

Last edited:
Now I'm starting to think that I should've put this thread/pictures in Ranch Photos, but my thread includes farming as well, so........

Anyway, some folks might think of this display as too "childish", but wife and I sure don't. Guess we'd say, "this is the next best thing to owning and running a ranch/farm. Absolutely no work involved!" LOL

Funny, someone on this forum here wanted me to put pictures of our display on the forum, but we haven't heard from anyone yet. Hummmmmmm.

Well lots of folks are up their ears in cows and calves and feeding and planting and 100 other tasks. Be patient please. Fun little set up ya have. And your corrals are much easier to clean than mine are 😁

I think it was "Faster horses" that wanted to see the display. He was on the forum this morning, but.........

Just got the last 3 pictures taken: farm equipment, barn area and corral of beef cattle w/two cowboys on horses with ropes and one standing with a loop.

Faster Horses is a lady, been here many years and helped many people understand and get their cattle on a mineral program. Her and he husband have ranched for many years in Montana and have now moved to Wyoming.

I wish farming was this easy me , my dad and the family are up by 4:30 in the morning taking care of cattle , goats , chickens , horses , and sheep also the dogs we have much chores I wish I could have as easy of a farm like that and we still make time for breakfast it's the most important meal haha can't always catch it in time becuase me and my siblings have school but sometimes if we get done around 7:30 we can hurry and make some toast and get out the door by 8 o clock very long mornings for my family and we're all in bed by 9:30 for bed so we can wake up nice and refreshed for a new day!

Faster Horses is a lady, been here many years and helped many people understand and get their cattle on a mineral program. Her and he husband have ranched for many years in Montana and have now moved to Wyoming.
Sorry, sometimes a person just doesn't know. However, I could have put "him or her" and I would've been covered.

I wish farming was this easy me , my dad and the family are up by 4:30 in the morning taking care of cattle , goats , chickens , horses , and sheep also the dogs we have much chores I wish I could have as easy of a farm like that and we still make time for breakfast it's the most important meal haha can't always catch it in time becuase me and my siblings have school but sometimes if we get done around 7:30 we can hurry and make some toast and get out the door by 8 o clock very long mornings for my family and we're all in bed by 9:30 for bed so we can wake up nice and refreshed for a new day!

Sort of funny, but a former high school student/farmer that lived close by me in Indiana, decided he didn't want a thing to do with farming anymore, so, after high school graduation, and a stint in the Army National Guard, he became a lawyer. His brother now runs the family farm, but it's all crops. All livestock have been sold.

As for me, I still vividly remember my step-dad, while I was in high school, getting me up at 5:30 each morning to feed/water our hogs. Summer months wasn't bad, but those cold/icy/snowy winter months, in northeastern Indiana, is just a memory now and I'm very, very glad of that. However, U.S. Navy hours were much worse than on the farm.

Of course, today, at age 72 and retired, I no longer have to think about work. Thank God!

Here is our farm equipment, in the display: 3 John Deere Tractors, a Grain Hauler, Manure Spreader, Baler and Wagon, Dually Truck w/Silver Stock/Horse Trailer.
IMG_E4813.JPG

Here is a Barn, etc.: My wife's White Owl on top of barn, Farm Fairy sitting on bale of hay, a couple roping a dummy steer head, man feeding chickens while some sheep watch and a man taking two horses to barn.
IMG_E4816.JPG

And, finally, our pen/corral of beef cattle (bulls): two Black Angus, a Red Angus, a Hereford and a Texas Longhorn. Two cowboys on horseback with ropes and one standing with a rope.
IMG_E4818.JPG

All of this is taking up a 5' 3" spot on our counter between kitchen and dining area.

You have a lot on display. Glad it gives you pleasure.

No worries about calling me a 'he'. It happens here with people who haven't been on the forum very long.

Thanks for your post, Big Muddy Rancher. I hope I have helped.
And for those who are new, Big Muddy Rancher is BMR to me...😊
He and his wife Tam are just GOOD PEOPLE. We have even had the good fortune to visit them at
their ranch.

Funny, but our family sort of things we are nuts for having this display. Then again, there is no family, mine or my wife's, that have any interest at all in farming, ranching or even rodeo. I, honestly, think that all of them could live fine in downtown Los Angeles or in some other big city.

Actually, my wife had (note the word "had") a girlfriend who told us "I'm a vegetarian and don't care about farmers or ranchers. As far as I'm concerned, America doesn't need them." Now you know why the word "had" is there.

Well, I suppose for some, even on this forum, this display could look sort of weird-to-stupid, for a couple our age. Wonder what my Facebook friends, which are my 1968 high school graduating classmates and none are farmers/ranchers, will think? Some were farmers in high school, as FFA/4-H members, but that ended after graduation.

Last edited:

Latest posts