• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Our new source for Cattle ID

Help Support Ranchers.net:

And this is going to do what for you???? Please give me a detailed explanation how having a NCBA tag in their ear s is going to make you a dime! :roll:

CattleCo said:
And this is going to do what for you???? Please give me a detailed explanation how having a NCBA tag in their ear s is going to make you a dime! :roll:

By wearing this tag, my cows and calves will be so proud in their "new uniforms" that they will eat less and gain faster by virtue of the "self esteem" instilled in them. :wink:

Actually, I added this post with tongue-in-cheek. Written words do not always express the writers intentions. :???:

That's as detailed as I can be. :lol: :lol:

I wonder if MRJ is going to be the "inspector" to do the tag reading and ownership and movement transfers :???: :lol: :lol:

Without the infrastructure to go with it this is nothing more than a tag that tells you who the last person was that stuck a tag in- nothing more.... :? There are already numerous databases set up to do that.....

Mike,
Do not quit your day job! WE all know NCBA's intention with this so called ID Plan. THeir deal is no different that any of the rest.
Let me explain how you add value:
1. Breed good, sound , good milking cows.
2. Use a performance tested bull that will sire the kind and type of calves you will be marketing.retaining, or backgrounding then marketing.
3.Id them with a visual tag and keep individual records of management. if YOU MUST USE A RFID TAG TO MAKE YOU FEEL IMPORTANT TO YOUR NEIGHBORS...GO FOR IT!
4.Provide the information that your buyer (s) requireS to make a good buying decision. I THINK IT IS CALLED AN EXCEL SPREADSHEET. LEARN HOW TO RUN YOUR DAMM COMPUTER AND THANK BILL GATES FOR MAKING LIFE GOOD FOR YOU!!!
5. CASH THE CHECK!
NOW DO YOU NEED NCBA< OR ANY OTHER BULL CRAP DATA WAREHOUSE TO DO THIS?????????????? YOUR VET WILL WRITE A HEALTH PAPER WHEN YOU SHIP THEM AND WILL REPORT THAT INFORMATION TO A NATIONAL GOVERNMENT RUN DATABASE!!!!!!!!!
IF IF IF A MANDATED INDIVIDUAL ID SYSTEM IS PUT IN PLACE????
FOLLOW THE ABOVE STEPS AND ADD VALUE TO YOUR CALVES NOW.....WHY WAIT UNTIL THE GOV MANDATES SOMETHING TO GET THE GOLD???? THE BAG IS THEIR FOR YOUR TAKING NOW!!! :roll:
END OF STORY!

I know, I know, it just burns your buns to think NCBA will do something that benefits cattlemen!

So DON'T USE THEIR SYSTEM! It really is that simple.

MRJ

if these tags ar e made by allflex, they could last as long as a year. We have several hundred momma cows that have allflex tags that with no sign of the original preprinted number. Even worse, we put two tags in them in case one got lost.

Can't read either one, even when they are in a chute. Wasted money. We now use Ritchie tags and they never fade away. Don't know how they would put a bar code on them, however.

Ear tags are not going to work with a National ID system. They fade, get lost, or get so dirty that they become unreadable. I thought that was why branding and tattooing was invented because they cannot be lost or changed. the only sure devise that is going to work will be the rumen bolus transponders and the small transponders implanted into the animal. They are scanned by chute side panel readers that can read the code about as fast as an animal can go through the chute.

The only fool proof way to trace back an animal will be by electronic means. Papers or computer records can easily be modified or the original records, whether paper or computer disk, will not be practical for a stocker, backgrounder, feeder, or packing house to keep up with. The use of RFID transponders, electronic readers and automatic data input on a national database is the only practical means to have a National Origin ID program.

When an animal leaves a Ranch/farm/premises as a sold, dead or cull animal, put a premises ID in, if tags have been lost. An Individual animal does not have to be tagged for life to traced.

Herd management numbers don't matter, just that they can be traced back to ranch of origin and traced back further through herdmanager records. Keep track of where/who you buy from.

the point of Identifying these animals is not so much "one tag for life" but for ease and timelinesss of tracking if there ever was a problem. It's not that difficult!

I know, I know, it just burns your buns to think NCBA will do something that benefits cattlemen!

So DON'T USE THEIR SYSTEM! It really is that simple.

MRJ

I won't and anybody with any brains will not use their BS System also! Another SCAM like that company that was going to save the BEEF CATTLE INDUSTRY!!

Say jrmckee,My feeling are the same about EID tags .Just to much of a chance losing them while pasturing in rough country .We use boluses from EZID as they are permanent .Also we use the ScoringAG database as its the least cost data system MURGEN, Herd management numbers don't matter, just that they can be traced back to ranch of origin and traced back further through herdmanager records. Keeps track of where/who you buy from. Yes I agree Murgen and its easy to do with www.scoringag.com as the herdmanager records are in there too.

The point of Identifying these animals is not so much "one tag for life" but for ease and timelinesss of tracking if there ever was a problem. It's not that difficult! Yes ,with www.scoringag.com that does work with RFID transponders, electronic readers and automatic data input on a national database is the only practical means to have a National Origin ID program.By the way CattleCo ,their AIN"T enough VETS to do all of this work>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.....!

By the way CattleCo ,their AIN"T enough VETS to do all of this work>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.....!

As usual you have your head in a very dark location........TODAY!!!they have enough vets to write health papers in livestock markets, enough vets to write health papers on private treaty or video sold/delivered cattle........................you do not have a clue as per usual.
OH , I forgot they have enough brand inspectors in those brand states.
READ MY LIPS.....you do not need a PRIVATE DATA WAREHOUSE TO COMPLY with a forthcoming Individual ID Plan!!!!!!!! InFact, WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE GOV IS GOING TO DO YET......ding ding ding! :roll: Do you really think the GOV is going to utilize 100+ data warehouses to track cattle??????what a cluster F***!! We have to get Producer/Premise done before we can do anything about Individual ID!!! AND we are a helluva long way from that being completed!!

CattleCo,We have many more records than just cattle and here is a link to some https://www.scoringag.com//Public/samples/sample1.cfm

I see one of the first things you are going to need is a nation wide law banning the removal or altering of ID devices...

In an article in this months PrairieStar Magazine on the pilot ID program Montana is running, they claim that one of the problems they have run into with eartags is that the feeders buying the calves are removing the tags and retagging or remarking with their own system...

The article also said that accidental tag loss in the Montana program was running at about 3% - where Canadian loss rate is about 5%.....

Lets see 120,000 cattle so far in Montanas Pilot Program - 3% tag loss = 3600 unknown cattle running around...Unless they also have hot iron brands where they can still be traced :wink:

Say Oldtimer the pilot ID program Montana is running, they claim that one of the problems they have run into with eartags is that the feeders buying the calves are removing the tags and retagging or remarking with their own system...
We know that is true and that is why alot of countries use boluses ,Just a little harder to remove them.As for brands our system has that entry too.Here is a link showing that. http://www.scoringag.com/demo/index.cfm?pageaction=displayentity&entity_id=4388

STAFF said:
Say Oldtimer the pilot ID program Montana is running, they claim that one of the problems they have run into with eartags is that the feeders buying the calves are removing the tags and retagging or remarking with their own system...
We know that is true and that is why alot of countries use boluses ,Just a little harder to remove them.As for brands our system has that entry too.Here is a link showing that. http://www.scoringag.com/demo/index.cfm?pageaction=displayentity&entity_id=4388

My understanding is that their are still some problems and flaws with bolus's too---- the ability to add additional bolus's and override the older ones....

Old counterfeiters theory " Everything manmade can be duplicated or counterfeited if its worth it"......

"READ MY LIPS.....you do not need a PRIVATE DATA WAREHOUSE TO COMPLY with a forthcoming Individual ID Plan!!!!!!!! InFact, WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE GOV IS GOING TO DO YET......ding ding ding! Do you really think the GOV is going to utilize 100+ data warehouses to track cattle??????what a cluster F***!! We have to get Producer/Premise done before we can do anything about Individual ID!!! AND we are a helluva long way from that being completed!!"

What part of the above is so hard to understand?????? We do NOT know what the Gov is going to do. SO how can all these data service providers say they comply!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

"CattleCo,We have many more records than just cattle and here is a link to some https://www.scoringag.com//Public/samples/sample1.cfm"

You're point is????? So you have records.......????? :roll: Hell, a lot of people have RECORDS....so what? Read the USDA comments on Animal ID......FSA will handle the producer/premise deal and as for a government mandated individual program....I will believe it when I see it!!
Source and Age Verified Cattle will be market driven long before a Federal mandated law! AND you can keep that data on your own computer and provide it to add value to your animals. You do not need a Private Data Warehouse to do that :roll:
Now if you need other services they provide go for it......but you really do not need them to add value to your livestock......do it yourself!!

News Release
Texas Animal Health Commission
Box l2966 * Austin, Texas 78711 * (800) 550-8242 * FAX (512) 719-0719
Bob Hillman, DVM * Executive Director
For info, contact Carla Everett, information officer, at 1-800-550-8242, ext. 710,
or [email protected]

For immediate release---
"Real Life" Animal Identification Trials Underway in Texas;
this service will be evaluated with an exercise to trace animal movement. The results of the field tests will be reported back to the committees working on the National Animal Identification System, so the glitches with computers, ear tags or readers can be fixed before they are put in use across the county."

Now, like a number of other states that are conducting field trials, we have awarded contracts for equipment, so we can see how well ear tags stay on, the readability of ear tags, how well equipment holds up in livestock markets under everyday use, and how accurately and efficiently data can be captured, stored and used

"Regulatory agencies do not need or want production data; but we must be able to locate animals that have moved from a premises within 48 hours or less," said Edgar. He and Dr. Bob Hillman, TAHC's executive director and Texas' state veterinarian, have made dozens of presentations on animal identification to livestock organizations and groups around the state.

"The age and class of an animal, as well as movement information is critical for locating potentially infected or exposed animals during a disease situation. In our field experiment, we are working only with cattle, sheep, goats and horses. Other states are testing identification devices or group lot numbers with poultry and commercially produced swine," commented Edgar.

"Every state now is getting on board for premises and animal identification, to speed up livestock movement tracing," commented Edgar. "In Texas, HB 1361 will be effect September 1, providing the TAHC authority to implement the animal identification program in Texas that is consistent with the National Animal Identification

"Every state now is getting on board for premises and animal identification, to speed up livestock movement tracing," commented Edgar. "In Texas, HB 1361 will be effect September 1, providing the TAHC authority to implement the animal identification program in Texas that is consistent with the National Animal Identification......

The State Vet in SD has even broader power than this Texas HB 1361.
PROBLEM with the Texas HB1361....we do NOT have a final ruling from USDA on National Animal Id. SOOOOO how can a state government legislate that is consistent with upcoming legislation? What if the National deal is not what the Texans or any other states want????
Everybody is word about the privacy of their data, which by the way is BS, what the hell do you think about privacy when hundreds of PRIVATE DATA WAREHOUSES are connected and YOUR data is available to ALL?
Do you really think the US Governement is going to let this happen??? Do you really want 100's of private data warehouses having access to your "confidential data"??? Do you Want your data stored "offshore"??? You know damm well this will play out!!! Look where your phone and other bills are generated from!!! :roll: Stop and Think when you get all excited about keeping the "DATA" out of the governments hands.....guess what ........they will have access to all of it anyway!!!!!!!!!!

Real Life" Animal Identification Trials Underway in Texas;??????
This service will be evaluated with an exercise to trace animal movement.

SCORING AG has had this technology for a long time!!!!!and I see it every day while using my records.

Latest posts