• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pasture Breeding

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cowgal

Reaction score
I have a 2 yr old Registered Morgan Stallion that has been with a neighbors 4 mares for almost 2 months now. The pasture is 1/4 section. The neighbor is worried they are not bred because he has not witnessed any "action". We have a trade agreement : hay for pasture breeding. I let him keep the Stallion more than the agreed apon month, just to oblige him.
Now that I am ready to bring him home, and p/u the hay.......... he is wondering about conception! What should I tell him?????

:cry:

Cowgal said:
I have a 2 yr old Registered Morgan Stallion that has been with a neighbors 4 mares for almost 2 months now. The pasture is 1/4 section. The neighbor is worried they are not bred because he has not witnessed any "action". We have a trade agreement : hay for pasture breeding. I let him keep the Stallion more than the agreed apon month, just to oblige him.
Now that I am ready to bring him home, and p/u the hay.......... he is wondering about conception! What should I tell him?????

:cry:

have them pregged or ultrasounded

Phone306 642-0435-ask for Ed he's one of the top horse repro. vets around he'll tell you pretty quick if they're bred. He's at Beaseayjour, Man. Maybe your neighbor has ugly mares-my buddy had a stud would absolutely not breed a light coloured mare.

Northern Rancher, I also have a friend who's blue eyed white horse was rejected by the stallion? They obviously have preferences. She was an UGLY mare!

Northern Rancher said:
Phone306 642-0435-ask for Ed he's one of the top horse repro. vets around he'll tell you pretty quick if they're bred. He's at Beaseayjour, Man. Maybe your neighbor has ugly mares-my buddy had a stud would absolutely not breed a light coloured mare.

Are you sure about that Phone number? you use sask area code. And the prefix is from assinaboia.

Latest posts