• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pelvic Caliper

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ben H

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to buy a set of pelvic calipers? Came across them before, can't seem to find them now.

Thanks

Nasco is where I used to buy everything prior to finding Cattle Store, Jeffers and Valley Vet. I remember going through the catalog when it would come in the mail page by page. It was actually one of the first places I looked online but only found calipers for measuring my fat. Later after reading the above reply I re-tried the search and found it by filtering by farm/ranch.

It's a bit more then $40

Thanks.

Sorry! Its been a few years since I last looked so I was trying to remember off the top of my head. Guess I should have been a little more conservative with my guess. Is pelvic area something you place a lot of emphasis on when culling heifers?

WVGenetics said:
Sorry! Its been a few years since I last looked so I was trying to remember off the top of my head. Guess I should have been a little more conservative with my guess. Is pelvic area something you place a lot of emphasis on when culling heifers?
yup cut off the top and bottom ends....

WVGenetics said:

I also manage a Piedmontese herd, apparently a lot of breeders do cull for pelvic area.

jodywy said:
WVGenetics said:
yup cut off the top and bottom ends....

Sounds like a good practice if you cut the top end too...seems to me you would end up just getting bigger and bigger frame if you just selected he top end. Always a good idea to select for those optimums not extremes in my opinion.

Latest posts