• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pfizer Animal Health

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
I wonder if it's true that they are one of the sponsors of of the R-Calf summer meeting-if it's true they just lost one 5 figure account in Canada-MINE. I think some of ous poor misguided Canuckleheads better be asking our vet clinics and Pfizer reps some pretty pointed questions about this one.

I have called my vet and sent out emails to let everyone know. We still have choices as to which companies we support. Lets show them that supporting r-calf will have results on this side of the border. If they care!

emailin, yakkin, phone calls to all the gents out this way about pfizer
Vet is next. :D

At 6 p.m. PDT, R-CALF USA International Trade Committee Co-Chair Dennis McDonald will give a report on the organization's fact-finding trip to Central America, a mission to study impacts to the U.S. cattle industry should Congress pass the U.S.-Central American-Dominican Republic Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA-DR). McDonald also is a current appointee to the U.S. Senate Agricultural Advisory Panel on Trade – WTO, and also serves as the current president of Montana Cattlemen's Association. McDonald operates a cow/calf business and raises registered Quarter Horses near Melville, Mont.

McDonnell will close out the meeting with a few brief comments at 5:45 p.m. PDT.

Sponsors for the regional meeting include: No-Bull Enterprises; MIX30-AgriDyne; Powder River Livestock Handling Equipment; Anipro Xtraformance Feeds; Pfizer Animal Health; and, Ainsworth Feedyards, Ainsworth, Neb.

IS IT TRUE, LOOKS LIKE IT!

Maybe they will change their minds if enough people talk to their reps, who will be losing commision, on the lost sales!

And this includes the US customers!

Count me in on the Pfizer boycott....will be talking to the vet and our Pfizer reps as well as every stockman I see in the near future :evil:

I would really think that we should give them a chance to talk to their american counterparts and retract the sponsorship also!

A big multinational like that might not have been aware that they were alienating one group of producers! :shock:

Many times a "Boycott" by a particular group can create a windfall for the target company(s) because exuberace and sheer numbers of the opposing side.

Example: The NCAAP called for a boycott of white businesses in South Carolina because of state flag issues.............The effects are that Tourism tax receipts have risen dramatically.

So what are you saying Mike. Smile and take it !! It seems to me that Canadian cattle producers have been doing a lot of just that for the past two years :!:

"You are either with the canadian producers or against the canadian producers in the war against economic terrorism".......sound familiar.

elwapo said:
So what are you saying Mike. Smile and take it !! It seems to me that Canadian cattle producers have been doing a lot of just that for the past two years :!:

"You are either with the canadian producers or against the canadian producers in the war against economic terrorism".......sound familiar.

I'm saying this boycott business is a two way street. For instance, The Canadian vets, distributors, salesmen, supply stores, etc. might lose more money from a boycott of Pfizer products than Pfizer does. I am sure there is lots of the product on the shelves that has already been paid for.
No, I'm not saying for you to take this lying down. A knee-jerk emotional reaction is not always the best though. Randy Kaiser is traveling down the right road to me. Go after the ones that are profiting off your backs.

Just spoke with a rep from pfizer head office. He indicated to me that they were asked to sponsor a dinner for a feelot owner not knowing it was to be held in conjunction with the r-calf meetings. He said to me that it was an oversight by the rep and that they are not interested in sponsoring r-calf in any way.

I just received a call from Pfizer. One of their reps was approached by an Rcalf member for sponsorship, without telling the rep that it was an RCALF event.

Pfizer USA, was made aware of the situation this morning and has been in contact with RCALF, to let them know that the sponsorship will be pulled, and in no way does Pfizer support their "political agenda"..

SUM BEECH!

now I am going to boycott Pfizer for giving R-calf the boot !!!

see how idiotic y'all sounded?

You haven't been reading full page ads in every cattle publication over the past two years about how Pfizer is behind the Canadian cattle producer all the way, and is committed to the Canadian cattle industry. These ads were believed, and the vaccine has been purchased in good faith.

How would you feel if they donated to PETA? That's about how we feel about this. PETA/R-calf, no difference to us. In our eyes, they are both out to put us out of business. :!:

the world is rough on everyone.... it is too bad you are not getting good prices, and I hate to see farmers in a pinch, but why should I be all for opening a border that has boosted my bottom line?

feed your own damned people, build your own damned plants. Why should Americans be funding the Canadian cattle business???

I am so tired of everyone being right there for America when THEY need us. never the other way around.....

99% of countries gladly take our trade dollars and bitch about us on the way out the door.

I do not agree with the RCALF 100%, but they are the thorn in the side of the USDA and it is my opinion that RCALF is more beneficial to me at this time, so FULL STEAM AHEAD!!

jigs "feed your own damned people, build your own damned plants. Why should Americans be funding the Canadian cattle business???"

pull your head out of your @$$ jigs. Trade is a two way street. Americans have been taking advantage of our live cattle supplies since YOUR CORPORATIONS took over canadian slaughter houses and eliminated the domestic competition. As to the americans running around as the world saviors ...... I beg to differ.

why should we play fair? Canada dumped Terri Clark and K.D. Lang on us, we are just getting even.

what the hell do you think the packers did here? there is no such thing as a fair market here. the monopoly killing the animals or the suits setting the grain price....we have our own troubles, and I think we need to look at ourselves for the answer...much like Canada needs to do.

Latest posts