• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Picture of puppy

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Our pup's name was Sheba. I don't think there was any real reason why we named her that, I just remember that it was suggested by my parents to stop the siblings from fighting about it in the back of the car in 1990 as we brought her home from the vet. :p

Don't know when we will get a new dog. Kind of nice to take a break from the responsibilities of looking after something so dependable, for a while. Would like to maybe go out west this summer, maybe pay whiteface a visit. :D

For as long as I can remember, we never had that dog inside until her final years, and even then, only during the winter. She never left the yard or went on the road. We could go for a weekend and always expect her to wait for us on the front steps. When ever I went hunting/rounding up/fence mending....she never seemed to go more about 300 feet from my side..and even if I couldn't see her when I left the area to go home, she would some how know I was leaving and be hot on my trail.

The way that dog tracked, I could have sworn she had bloodhound in her veins.

FH,
Your pup is soooo CUUUTE! like the blown up image. Since it was hard to see what our Corgi looks like, got a picture of him early this fall with his "doggles" on. When we run around in the 6-wheeler in the fall tagging newborn calves, he sits on the floor with him head poking out looking ahead. Keeps the bugs from hitting his eyes. His name is Corky the Corgi, by the way. We also have Shelly the Sheltie. :)

TTB- your pup is SOOOOOOOOO CUUUUTE! As my daughter would say, it's nose is soooo BEEPABLE! Love those little ears standing up. When we got ours at 6 weeks it seemed to take forever for his ears to stand up and stay up! :D

Hanta Yo, that Corgi with the 'doggles' is dog-gone cute!!

We had a Heeler-Catahoula Cross (my husband always maintains that I heard the ad wrong and she was a Heeler-Chiauaua cross-I can't spell it but you know what I mean;) that was a real kick in the pants. She was a born comedian. We think she would have made a great dog for a rodeo clown. If you laughed, she did it!! Anyway, she would wear glasses and wear them carefully. We called her 'Cat' and I think she thought she was one. Some of the things she did...if you were looking over the corral at something, she would climb up there, hang on, and look with you. And then walk down the corral poles, just like a cat. She turned somersaults, she would ride in the back of the pickup and if you were at home going slow, she would climb over the top of the cab, slide down the window and look at you through the windshield. Another thing she got really good at--in W. Montana the summers were pretty much cool enough we didn't have air conditioning in our pickup so rode with the windows down. The 1972 and 1973 Ford pickups had the neck of the gas tank which stuck out a bit where the gas cap went on, between the box
and the cab. She would be in the back, lean out and step on the gas cap and jump in the window and then act like it was a big joke!!!

She was black and white speckled, we called her the "Speckled Ninny" sometimes. She was truly a character. If I can figure how to do it, I will post a picture of her doing something crazy!!

She was by the gas tank one day with my husband and let out a little yip. She then ran down to the creek and dropped her butt in the water and wiggled it around. A bee must have stung her, is all we could figure out. It was so funny!!

Show some pics! What a fun (ny) doggie! We have a cat (1 of 4) whom we call "monkeyface". She's a Siamese cross, but the dark in her face makes her look like a monkey. She is our "corral kitty" as she is always jumping to the top board and walks along it like a sidewalk. If you get close, she will jump on your shoulders and wrap herself around your neck/shoulders like a mink stole. We also call her "Minky". Aren't animals adorable? I hope you truly enjoy your cute lil' pup! :D

Latest posts