• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Playoff

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike said:
eatbeef said:
Mike said:
The propaganda started last night to get Ohio State in the playoffs, by any means necessary. Heck, some of the talking heads started yakking at halftime of the Wisky vs. Ohio State game.

Of the Power 5 Conferences, one had to get left out because of only the 4 spots at the top. BUT, strength of the conferences should have had a hand in it.

Out of all the conferences, the Big 10 is the weakest by far. Count how many Big 10 teams are in the Top 25, and then count the rest..........

Not even close. Don't try to tell me that population and the ensuing popularity of Ohio State didn't have a say-so in the matter.

There are 4 Big ten teams in AP top 25 and only 3 Big 12. There is also 4 big ten teams in playoff poll and only 3 big 12 teams

But there are 14 Big 10 teams total and only 10 Big 12 teams total.

33% of the Big 12 teams are in the CFP Poll

28.5% of the Big 10 teams are in the CFP Poll

78.5% of the SEC teams....................

You said to count. And only having ten teams cost a playoff spot, so go calculate that one into you equation.

if TCU and Baylor were OU and Tejas, then Fla State and Ohio State would be outside, looking in.....
it is an old boys club, and the press STILL thinks history trumps everything...they have a boner for a Big 10/ Pac12 rose bowl. any one who says other wise is an idiot. it is all political.

even if there was a 16 team playoff, the 17th ranked team would be pissing icecubes right now....

Ohio State does NOT deserve to be in this playoff. the Big 12 does NOT need a CCG. we provide a round robin play that provides a TRUE look at top to bottom play in the conference... a big 10 team could miss the big fish of the conference and make a run. look at how piss poor Wisky got there...and Missouri in a weak half of the SEC....

eatbeef said:
Mike said:
eatbeef said:
There are 4 Big ten teams in AP top 25 and only 3 Big 12. There is also 4 big ten teams in playoff poll and only 3 big 12 teams

But there are 14 Big 10 teams total and only 10 Big 12 teams total.

33% of the Big 12 teams are in the CFP Poll

28.5% of the Big 10 teams are in the CFP Poll

78.5% of the SEC teams....................

You said to count. And only having ten teams cost a playoff spot, so go calculate that one into you equation.

That 78.5% is the percentage of SEC teams in a bowl, NOT in the top 25.

Having only 10 teams didn't cost a playoff spot. The jumping of Ohio State over a TCU that KILLED their opponent cost them the spot.

It's all about the TV rating factor which is how they base the advertisement prices............

Why were Mike and Jigs not selected to the playoff committee? You guys had my vote.

KSU had a good showing in New York. considering the stadium is TOO SMALL for football, no one WANTS to play outside in January in New York, and any southern town would be better....

KSU has one of the better followings in football, don't go trying to blow your own horn on that fact.... KSU travels very well.

There were lots of clips of "The Committee" on the ESPN & BTN yesterday and today. There were LOTS of bald headed guys there, but Jigs wasn't one of them. :shock:

I guess if the Big XII (Baylor & TCU) has a problem, they need to first meet the criteria, and then improve on strength of schedule, which, according to "The Committee", was the difference between OSU & Baylor.

leanin' H said:
Mike said:
leanin' H said:
Bet ya Baylor and TCU are p****d off tonight! Only the NCAA could have this kind of stupidity and corruption year in and year out. It's not like having the foresight to START with an eight team playoff would of hurt them? If division 2 football can do it...............But the money talks. :roll:

The Committee blamed it on the Big 12 for not having a clear cut Champion, but the NCAA rules clearly state that no Conference Championship game can be played unless a conference has 12 teams.

:roll:

Why would we expect anything else? :D Me and you and loomix guy and jigs could come up with a fairer, smarter system over lunch on a napkin. They ought'a let Larry the Dr. Pepper salesman really do the playoff as it couldn't be worse. :wink:

AND nobody is in any big hurry to join the Big12-2.....who wants to be in a conference where win or lose Texas rakes off all the money and you share the leftovers.

TexasBred said:
AND nobody is in any big hurry to join the Big12-2.....who wants to be in a conference where win or lose Texas rakes off all the money and you share the leftovers.

EXACTLY!

Well, Jigs is happy being permanently attached to Texas' hind tit and belonging to a conference that's not able to play for a national championship.

attached to a hind tit that we repeatedly beat. KSU is the ONLY Big 12 school to have a winning record vs Texas..... no NU, not OU, not aTm..... KSU.

at the beginning of the Big12, NU and Texas took the biggest scoop of the pie...then others voted against NU... they were babies, and cried... typical big bully results.... is that grass greener over in the rust belt conference? it is not, but you can tell yourself it is if you want to....

What about the other schools that left the Big XII and headed southeast? I'm sure their pockets are fuller than when they were latched onto the Texas tit.....have you no disparaging words for them?

I don't care if your record vs Texas is better than Nebraska's is vs Kansas State. Texas calls the shots, controls the money, and controls the commissioner......all in a conference that you're so proud of, but by it's own actions, or inactions, is irrelevant in the national title picture this year, and quite possibly longer if they don't change their business plan.

You have enough to worry about trying to bring in two new schools. I'd be even more worried that more schools might jump ship to the SEC so they have a chance in the future.

It ain't the Big 12 you should be worried about:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/03/sports/ncaafootball/as-big-ten-declines-homegrown-talent-fades-and-flees.html?_r=0

I'm not worried about the B1G. We'll be OK....today and beyond.

It just tickles me no end how the B1G haters this year pi$$ed and moaned about how awful and irrelevant the B1G was, only to have to accept the fact that it was the Big XII that stepped on its own you know what and suddenly found themselves being Leftout LaMont and for all their braggadocio, irrelevant in the national title hunt.

The perfect ending would be for OSU to beat Bama and then go on and beat who they needed to to get the title. Jigs could choke on that crow for months! :lol: And you never know....it just might happen. :wink:

tOSU got in ONLY because they beat a lowly team for the title, and they have a NAME that TCU and Baylor do not...it is the same old "club" calling the shots, if it was OU in the mix rather than TCU or Baylor, I promise you, the B1G would not be involved...
slice it how you want, I am right.

I do not think we will add two teams. and I do not see us breaking up.

Once again, you are WRONG, like you are about so many things. Two things put OSU over Baylor and TCU, according to people who get PAID to dissect sports....and many of them were 100% in agreement. Strength of schedule, and no conference champion. Both items were apparently self inflicted.

So you slice it anyway YOU want to, these are facts.

You are beginning to sound like your pal OT, going on about the backslapping good old boys club. Wink, wink...nudge, nudge.

loomixguy said:
I'm not worried about the B1G. We'll be OK....today and beyond.

It just tickles me no end how the B1G haters this year pi$$ed and moaned about how awful and irrelevant the B1G was, only to have to accept the fact that it was the Big XII that stepped on its own you know what and suddenly found themselves being Leftout LaMont and for all their braggadocio, irrelevant in the national title hunt.

The perfect ending would be for OSU to beat Bama and then go on and beat who they needed to to get the title. Jigs could choke on that crow for months! :lol: And you never know....it just might happen. :wink:

I see all that B10 horsepower has carried over to your hoops team. Somehow I must've missed the memo detailing how a school by the name of Incarnate Word was a great hoops team. Not that KSU is lighting the world on fire in hoops, but my gosh. How'd they notch a 'W' against Huskers?

I missed that, and am kinda curious myself about that. Just goes to show that on the field or on the floor, on any given day or night, the team that's "supposed" to win doesn't always.

It's been lots of fun being able to watch the Nebraska teams play on TV since we went to the B1G. Football, m&w's basketball, volleyball, softball, & baseball are all hot tickets anymore. More & more radio stations are carrying Husker baseball now, and I really enjoy that. Gonna try to take in a game this spring. It's pretty neat having a baseball coach with a football national champions ring AND a World Series ring!

Latest posts