• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Please Clarify something for me

Help Support Ranchers.net:

BB,
either you have been reading my mail or the winds from the west are blowing my thoughts to you, or you are telepathic :lol: :lol:

Oldtimer said:
Bull Burger said:
sw,

Your story is another example of why MCOOL will turn out to be a joke. With all of the exemptions for food service, H & R, etc. I think they will label everything else Origin Unknown and that will provide for us as producers all expense with no added profit.

BB

BullBurger- Lets take out the food service exemptions- work to improve the law not kill it- Why is anyone afraid of telling consumers the truth- let the people that want to buy "mixed origin" do that- but also give them the chance to buy US origin without having to be the "well to do" that can afford to buy branded product .... Altho personally I'm not sure you would have to-- after a few places start advertising US origin beef only and get much of the business, others will follow-- At least the consumer will have the choice of which place he wants to go to....

OT, MCOOL was nothing to start with, so there is nothing left to salvage. Let's kill it and move on.

If consumers demand it, VCOOL and branded beef will fill the gap. It has to start at the consumer end, not producers.

Bull Burger said:
Oldtimer said:
Bull Burger said:
sw,

Your story is another example of why MCOOL will turn out to be a joke. With all of the exemptions for food service, H & R, etc. I think they will label everything else Origin Unknown and that will provide for us as producers all expense with no added profit.

BB

BullBurger- Lets take out the food service exemptions- work to improve the law not kill it- Why is anyone afraid of telling consumers the truth- let the people that want to buy "mixed origin" do that- but also give them the chance to buy US origin without having to be the "well to do" that can afford to buy branded product .... Altho personally I'm not sure you would have to-- after a few places start advertising US origin beef only and get much of the business, others will follow-- At least the consumer will have the choice of which place he wants to go to....

OT, MCOOL was nothing to start with, so there is nothing left to salvage. Let's kill it and move on.

If consumers demand it, VCOOL and branded beef will fill the gap. It has to start at the consumer end, not producers.

VCOOL has been here for 50 years- nothing has happened- its a joke... MCOOL will come to be- either if USDA finally decides to go to work and implement it or the Courts force it.... Bullburger I was a long time believer in NCBA and they convinced me to the fraud being perpetrated by the packers and USDA- hadn't even known about it until then -- NCBA flipflopped, but I didn't... I still think that everyone should have the right to decide where what they eat comes from--- rather it be the wealthy bank owner on the hill or the little old widow woman living off her social security-- especially with the safety issues of a product like beef and the questions about how its handled in some countrys- then now with the Canadian BSE issue- people should be allowed to make the final choice on if Canadian beef is safe.....

BB-My son was in your part of the country today and said it was in the 60's- at least we have a little more moisture and snow left in the coulees here-even getting some runoff thats going into the dams.....

Oldtimer they have the option to buy branded beef product if they are really worried about eating Canadian beef no one is stopping them are they.

Tam said:
Oldtimer they have the option to buy branded beef product if they are really worried about eating Canadian beef no one is stopping them are they.

Tam- Where do you get branded beef product in northeast Montana without travelling 100s miles and coolering it back- or having it air freighted in? You don't do it by walking to the corner grocery....

Can that widow living on $700 a month Social Security afford that? Many can't, so because they don't trust Canadian beef they may go to eating chicken or pork.... You just proved R-CALF's argument before the judge- because Canadian beef is being imported and can't be identified from US beef you are not only causing a possible health safety issue, but are undermining the confidence in US beef which affects the prices US cattlemen get for their cattle.......

Bull Burger said:
HAYMAKER said:
I think the consumer has a right to know where their food originates,and I personally believe it will be good for the canadian cattle man as it will for the USA cattle man......

I think the consumer has a right to know where their food originates even if it forced upon them kicking & screaming. Thats purdy much what you are saying, HAYMAKER. To hell with what the consumer asks for, let's force COOL on 'em.

After all the studies and countless times its been proven over and over again that the AMERICAN CONSUMER WANTS M COOL ,I have to believe you are either dead drunk or a packer lover,or both just what we need a drunk packer lover.......good luck

" because Canadian beef is being imported and can't be identified from US beef you are not only causing a possible health safety issue, but are undermining the confidence in US beef which affects the prices US cattlemen get for their cattle......."

If this is a problem, it is only due to the hard work of the R-Calf/Peta supporters who insist on making a 'health issue' out of what is really a money issue.

If it's money, then say so. They need to quit playing loose and free with consumer confidence. :!:

Sandsomething: "R-CALF hasn't forgotten about all the Canadian cattle that are down here. In fact they addressed that by called for tracking down all Canadian cattle in the US."

Yeh the same hypocrites that prohibited "M"ID from "M"COOL and wanted ONLY "signed affidavits" as a means to enforce "M"COOL calling for USDA to track all Canadian cattle that are already down here.

When R-CALF talks and the dog farts, I can't tell the difference anymore.

"BWAME USDA" while you prohibit "M"ID from "M"COOL!

Sandsomething,

To your credit, you did back your claim about what R-CALF said on a particular day that directly contradicted their actions regarding "M"COOL.

Tam: "So is R-CALF also disputing the USDA claims that the US beef is safe?"

When R-CALF was holding hands with their anti beef cohorts in their joint "beef fear mongering" effort, R-CALF said, "USDA does not care about food safety". That's a direct quote from Bullard the wizard.

BTW, that gets my vote for Bullards stupidest statement. They turned right around and contradicted themselves by deceptively comparing the number of BSE tests conducted in the U.S. by USDA to the number of BSE tests conducted in Canada as if our herds were the same size.

EXCELLENT POST sw! Thank you!

OT: "BullBurger- Lets take out the food service exemptions- work to improve the law not kill it- Why is anyone afraid of telling consumers the truth- let the people that want to buy "mixed origin" do that- but also give them the chance to buy US origin without having to be the "well to do" that can afford to buy branded product .... Altho personally I'm not sure you would have to-- after a few places start advertising US origin beef only and get much of the business, others will follow-- At least the consumer will have the choice of which place he wants to go to...."

OT: "I still think that everyone should have the right to decide where what they eat comes from--- rather it be the wealthy bank owner on the hill or the little old widow woman living off her social security-- especially with the safety issues of a product like beef and the questions about how its handled in some countrys- then now with the Canadian BSE issue- people should be allowed to make the final choice on if Canadian beef is safe....."

CONSUMERS THAT CARE ABOUT BEEF ORIGINATION CAN DECIDE WHERE WHAT THEY EAT COMES FROM!!!

THEY CAN BUY SOURCE VERIFIED BRANDED BEEF PRODUCTS TODAY!!!!

They can buy products like Mike Callicrate's "Born, Raised, and processed in the U.S." source verified branded beef, WHY AREN'T THEY PREFERRING THIS?????

Because origination is not as important to them as it is to you.

You and your sale barn cohorts think you need to save consumers from themselves with an unenforceable law that exempts 75% of the imports.

The food service exemption isn't the only flaw in this law.

Why the heck do you think we need a government mandate to provide consumers with SOMETHING THEY ARE NOT EVEN ASKING FOR when the free enterprise system could provide it if they were???????

"PLEASE GOVERNMENT, SAVE US FROM OURSELVES BY DIFFERENTIATING A SMALL SLIVER OF FOREIGN PRODUCT SO IT CAN BE SOLD AT A PREMIUM AS A NOVELTY ITEM AT THE EXPENSE OF SEGREGATING 95% OF THE US BEEF CONSUMPTION AS U.S. BEEF"

A concept that sounds good in theory but the facts show how completely distorted it really is.

DID YOU FORGET MR. LAW MAN THAT A LAW HAS TO BE ENFORCEABLE?????

"M"COOL is not! "M"ID WAS PROHIBITED making it unenforceable as written.

If you think advertising US BEEF is going to make consumers buy U.S. BEEF when 95% of the labeled beef is U.S. BEEF, you know absolutely nothing about marketing.

"AH GARSH, WHICH BEEF SHOULD I BUY TODAY, THE U.S. BEEF OR THE U.S. BEEF OR THE U.S. BEEF"?????

Canadian beef would literally kick our ass in the retail market simpy due to the fact of it's rarity to say nothing about it's quality. That's what you don't understand OT because you just follow your sale barn chronies parroted R-CALF lines.

Why do you suppose Wall Street Journal did a feature article on the success of "Argentina Grass Fed Beef" sales on the East Coast????

Yeh, yeh, I know, "don't consumers have a right to know where their beef comes from"......BAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Bull Burger: "It ("M"COOL) has to start at the consumer end, not producers."

ABSOLUTELY!!!!

Why force something on consumers they are not asking for at our expense. Forget the fact that it's not even enforceable.

OT: "Can that widow living on $700 a month Social Security afford that? Many can't, so because they don't trust Canadian beef they may go to eating chicken or pork...."

THEIR CHOICE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH "ORIGINATION" IT HAS TO DO WITH WHAT THEY CAN AFFORD!!!!!

OT: "You just proved R-CALF's argument before the judge- because Canadian beef is being imported and can't be identified from US beef you are not only causing a possible health safety issue, but are undermining the confidence in US beef which affects the prices US cattlemen get for their cattle......."

R-CALF's health safety issues is bullsh*t! A BOLD FACED LIE!!!

SRMs are removed, the cattle are UTM, surveilance testing in the highest risk categories has increased, the feed ban is in place.

R-CALF is lying out of their ass and not one of you followers can defend that lie and pass the red faced test. Unfortunately R-CALF is allowed to make these statements without being challenged for the accuracy that supports them. We have Canadian cattle in our mix today. If Canadian cattle are a health risk SO IS US BEEF.

Haysomething: "After all the studies and countless times its been proven over and over again that the AMERICAN CONSUMER WANTS M COOL...."

If they want it WHY AREN'T THEY BUYING IT?????

Source verified branded beef programs already exist????

"CLICK"......I think haysomething hung up!

More R-CALF myths buried!

NEXT!

~SH~

Oldtimer said:
Tam said:

Tam- Where do you get branded beef product in northeast Montana without travelling 100s miles and coolering it back- or having it air freighted in? You don't do it by walking to the corner grocery....

Can that widow living on $700 a month Social Security afford that? Many can't, so because they don't trust Canadian beef they may go to eating chicken or pork.... You just proved R-CALF's argument before the judge- because Canadian beef is being imported and can't be identified from US beef you are not only causing a possible health safety issue, but are undermining the confidence in US beef which affects the prices US cattlemen get for their cattle.......

Oldtimer the meat, meets USDA inspection standards just like US product. This mad cow "SCARE" would have been gone but for R-CALF's fearmongering about canadian beef being unsafe. Have you asked a your local store where their meat comes from. Does it come in boxes. They could advertise US meat if it is swinging or has a bone in it as we are just shipping boxed boneless meat. Nobody would of had lingering concerns except R-CALF wants to scare the little old ladies away from beef.

~SH~ I might be an old dummy, but its reassuring that their must be at least two of us when a US Federal Judge rules on the same issues I have been arguing for years- Long before R-CALF.... And then for him to take such a strong stand agiainst this unlabeled beef and the blanket use of the USDA stamp by foreign countries without even being examined by a USDA employee-- Reassuring....

I don't know how this case will end- but I'm sure it won't be the last- Not on the safety issue especially in this day of terrorist threat... I just wonder how the next Judge that has a case in front of him will rule when he finds out the same is happening south of the Rio Grande- that that non-employee of USDA that works for one of the most bribery ridden governments in the world is health inspecting our beef-- walking around the plant with "peechures of my seester for a buck" in one pocket and the USDA stamp in the other....I always wonder how strong Mexico and Canada's employee screening is, two countries that have pretty well turned their back on the ongoing war on terrorism and told us its our fault and our war....

~SH~ How many Trans-X (Canadian beef haulers) trucks have you ever ran into? We have several a week go thru here- usually travelling in pairs anymore-- but somehow its not real reassuring when you watch one go through and the driver is wearing a turban or sheet rapped around his head....

I see why Tommy Thompson and FDA were so frustrated and said that our food imports were wide open for contamination and terrorist plots..I only hope it doesn't take another 911 situation involving imported food to wake the USDA up......

OT- How are things in your part of the country? Beautiful weather here up around 40. BUt calling for heavy rain tomorrow. Will make the feedlot mucky!

OLDTIMER" We have several a week go thru here- usually travelling in pairs anymore-- but somehow its not real reassuring when you watch one go through and the driver is wearing a turban or sheet rapped around his head...."
We refer to them up here as "rope starts". Sometimes youll see a Trans-X or Deck-X truck pull into a fuel station and a whole family of towel bearers will get out! not sure how they fit the whole family in there but they do! This is what puts honest Canadians and americans out of jobs!

MR- Beautiful down here - 50's and 60's-- most of the snow is gone except for the big drifts in the coulees-- At least they are running some water and filling dams and getting a little water in the creeks.......

Going to be interesting what the rest of the month brings- most are starting calving soon and they are afraid that March will come in like a lamb and go out like a lion....

My prediction is that it will stay nice- since I got another calf shed and windbreak built, barn cleaned out and ready to put cold calves in, straw hauled in--- I'm too prepared this year.....

Oldtimer said:
Tam said:

Oldtimer ... Its R-calf that is raising all the stink about Canadian beef...they are undermining the confidence in US beef which affects the prices US cattlemen get for their cattle... forcing the people to turn to other meats due to economics its R- calf thats is screwing the widow

Nice warm breeze blowing here today, but there still lots of snow left. We ve got 85 calves on the ground already and another 150 to go. The majority of our Jan thru early march cows have already calved. May slow down after another 20 calves and then fire up strong again April 10.

How many cows do you have to calve out OT? Heres wishing you good luck with your calving!

After all the studies and countless times its been proven over and over again that the AMERICAN CONSUMER WANTS M COOL ,I have to believe you are either dead drunk or a packer lover,or both just what we need a drunk packer lover.......good luck

Maybe you and Oldtimer can explain it to us drunks why these people are not asking for it. If they really wanted it and want to pay for it there is a VOLUNTARY COOL. If the packers and store keepers saw the benefits to the label you wouldn't have to MAKE them put them on they would just VOLUNTEER to do it. You keep saying People will pay extra, the Packers are in the business to make as much as they can so if there was a beneifit to labeling it and selling it at a permium don't you think they would have VOLUNTARILY done it.

Oldtimer said:
~SH~ I might be an old dummy, but its reassuring that their must be at least two of us when a US Federal Judge rules on the same issues I have been arguing for years- Long before R-CALF.... And then for him to take such a strong stand agiainst this unlabeled beef and the blanket use of the USDA stamp by foreign countries without even being examined by a USDA employee-- Reassuring....

I don't know how this case will end- but I'm sure it won't be the last- Not on the safety issue especially in this day of terrorist threat... I just wonder how the next Judge that has a case in front of him will rule when he finds out the same is happening south of the Rio Grande- that that non-employee of USDA that works for one of the most bribery ridden governments in the world is health inspecting our beef-- walking around the plant with "peechures of my seester for a buck" in one pocket and the USDA stamp in the other....I always wonder how strong Mexico and Canada's employee screening is, two countries that have pretty well turned their back on the ongoing war on terrorism and told us its our fault and our war....

~SH~ How many Trans-X (Canadian beef haulers) trucks have you ever ran into? We have several a week go thru here- usually travelling in pairs anymore-- but somehow its not real reassuring when you watch one go through and the driver is wearing a turban or sheet rapped around his head....

I see why Tommy Thompson and FDA were so frustrated and said that our food imports were wide open for contamination and terrorist plots..I only hope it doesn't take another 911 situation involving imported food to wake the USDA up......

What else are you going to blame on the Canadian ranchers Oldtimer. The USDA stamping is not up to us. The COOL labeling is not up to us. Backing you in a war, which we do, is not up to the Canadian ranchers, it's is up to our military. Do you think we should get our gopher hunting rifles out and jump on a plane would that help you out? There are things that we have no control over and you are bring them all up to justify killing our BEEF industry. As far as the turban wearing people that cross the border in trucks so we have some living in Canada. How many live in the US? Wasn't the terrorists of 911 schooled in the US on how to fly a plane by american they didn't care where the money came from as long as it was good old green backs?

Blame the Canadian ranchers for something we have control of. Like feed bans noncompliance, oh yea you did that and the USDA and the NCBA came up and inspected to find we had a robust system and good compliance records didn't they. Maybe you could blame us for not testing enough Oh yea you did that too and we proved the Canadian ranchers turned over 3 times as many as requested of the catagory of cattle recommended by the OIE. Maybe you can blame us for not beable to trace out the birth cohorts of an infected animal to see if any other cattle were infected by eating the same feed? No we can, you can't. Maybe you can blame us for your lost export markets, no that happened because an infected cow was in your food chain and you can't find the rest of the animals imported with her so the OIE SAID the US couldn't consider the case in isolation to your whole system. Maybe you can blame us for the flood of cattle that will hit your market? no the NCBA was up and saw for themselves that our feedlots are current and not completely full. Maybe you could say that the science Canada used to set the rules to protect our industry is wrong and that is why we have BSE oh yea you did that but it's is just to bad that the US used the same science didn't they. Maybe you can blame us for feeding our cattle a source of feed that is known by most of the world to be source of cross comtamination IE chicken litter to our herd? No we ban that back in 1998 but guess who still does that? Maybe you can blame us for importing more UK cattle and feed, the source of BSE? ok yea that was you wasn't it.
I guess this is why you are blameing the Canadian ranchers for things we can't comtrol, like the USDA inspection of Meat, The US MCOOL labeling that could be done voluntarily if the people really wanted it, and don't forget the war effort.

OT, you couldn't defend R-CALF's lie that Canadian beef is unsafe if your life depended on it. It's a damn lie. You know it's a lie and everyone else who understands this issue knows it's a damn lie.

Canada has taken the exact same BSE precautionary measures we have, they have an ID system and we don't, they have tested more high risk animals PERCENTAGE WISE than we have.

IF CANADIAN UTM CATTLE ARE UNSAFE, OUR UTM CATTLE OUR UNSAFE.

IT'S THAT DAMN SIMPLE!!!!!!

THE FOOD SAFETY STANDARDS AND LIES THAT WE SET FOR CANADA, WE WILL HAVE TO LIVE WITH IN THE EVENT THAT BSE IS DISCOVERED IN AN ANIMAL THAT CANNOT BE "BWAMED ON CANADA".

God help us if we ever have to live under the umbrella of R-CALFs BSE lies for 80% of our domestic beef consumption. How can anyone be so completely stupid to not consider the consequences of lying about the safety of Canadian beef. I absolutely cannot believe it!

IF CANADIAN BEEF IS UNSAFE, OUR BEEF IS UNSAFE BECAUSE WE HAVE CANADIAN CATTLE IN THE UNITED STATES

Neither this judge or any R-CULT clone can defend the damn lie that Canadian beef is contaminated and pass the red faced test!

IT'S A LIE AND IT COULD COME BACK TO HAUNT US!!!!

~SH~

~SH~ said:
OT, you couldn't defend R-CALF's lie that Canadian beef is unsafe if your life depended on it. It's a damn lie. You know it's a lie and everyone else who understands this issue knows it's a damn lie.

Canada has taken the exact same BSE precautionary measures we have, they have an ID system and we don't, they have tested more high risk animals PERCENTAGE WISE than we have.

IF CANADIAN UTM CATTLE ARE UNSAFE, OUR UTM CATTLE OUR UNSAFE.

IT'S THAT DAMN SIMPLE!!!!!!

THE FOOD SAFETY STANDARDS AND LIES THAT WE SET FOR CANADA, WE WILL HAVE TO LIVE WITH IN THE EVENT THAT BSE IS DISCOVERED IN AN ANIMAL THAT CANNOT BE "BWAMED ON CANADA".

God help us if we ever have to live under the umbrella of R-CALFs BSE lies for 80% of our domestic beef consumption. How can anyone be so completely stupid to not consider the consequences of lying about the safety of Canadian beef. I absolutely cannot believe it!

IF CANADIAN BEEF IS UNSAFE, OUR BEEF IS UNSAFE BECAUSE WE HAVE CANADIAN CATTLE IN THE UNITED STATES

Neither this judge or any R-CULT clone can defend the damn lie that Canadian beef is contaminated and pass the red faced test!

IT'S A LIE AND IT COULD COME BACK TO HAUNT US!!!!

~SH~

~SH~ Looks like you and I have a difference of opinions- I feel that evidence exists to show that Canadian cattle and beef is of a higher risk than US beef -- you don't..... Maybe we should have a court and judge look at all the evidence and make the decision....Oh Golly GEE thats whats happening... :D

OT: "I feel that evidence exists to show that Canadian cattle and beef is of a higher risk than US beef -- you don't....."

"YOU FEEL" is right!

You couldn't defend that "feeling" if your life depended on it.

That "UNSAFE" beef from those "UNSAFE" cattle is being consumed in the U.S. today, WHO'S GETTING SICK FROM IT?????

"Oh but, well ah, they might get sick"?????

We have Canadian cattle in our system today over thirty months of age imported before and after the feed ban. The Washington cow proved it. R-CULT admitted that when they demanded USDA find them. With that in mind, if Canadian cattle are unsafe then our beef is unsafe BECAUSE WE HAVE CANADIAN CATTLE DOWN HERE OVER THIRTY MONTHS!!!

YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no way in hell that R-CULT can dance around that one.

I hope R-CALF is someday held accountable for these lies.

~SH~

Latest posts