• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Polaris Rangers are kind of handy little gadgets

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
PolarisRangersarehandycontraptions800x600.jpg

Tonight at 7:45 p.m. I left home on my old faithful Polaris Ranger. In just an hour and ten minutes, by 8:55 p.m., I was back home
after having covered 21.6 miles. In that time I checked three bunches of cattle, seven windmills, and eleven salt bunks.
Checkedcattle800x600.jpg

Checked cattle
Cattleinthehills800x600.jpg

This bunch was grouped tighter than the other two bunches. The others were all scattered out grazing.
Hadtimetotakeasunsetpicture800x600.jpg

Had time to take a sunset picture
Andawindmillpicture800x600.jpg

And a windmill picture
Andsomemore800x600.jpg

And some more
Sunset800x600.jpg

Sunset
Pictures800x600.jpg

Pictures. I do enjoy riding the Polaris, with no top, the wind in my face, and goggles protecting my eyes. :shock:
It's just quite fun, all things considered. :)

Nice photos. You were scootin. I am trying to figure the fuel mileage on mine 400
I took the doors off but still have the winshield and top on. When wound up its really are loud.

Nice pictures Soap! When I was out there, I kept hinting to LazyWP that he needed one of those fancy 4 wheeled scooters... he didn't want to hear it. Seems he likes his hot rod and I can't say I blame him after I seen it put through it's paces.

So thats any avg speed of of 18.5 miles per hour. How good of a job did you do at checking those cattle there Soap? I guess as much money as you make on your cattle trading you probably got asphalt roads from windmill to windmill. :wink:

eatbeef said:
So thats an avg speed of of 18.5 miles per hour. How good of a job did you do at checking those cattle there Soap? :wink:

There were six miles of good roads just getting to where the pastures started. This was in my favor both going and coming. I didn't put out any salt or mineral (nine of the eleven bunks still had plenty in them), but mainly wanted to see if the windmills were working and the tanks full on that hot day.

In past tests, it seems like our Polaris' get around 17 miles per gallon. Not super great for as small as they are, but still much better than any of our pickups do while traipsing through the hills.

I have always wondered how rough one of those were. I would love to get one with the crew cab one day to haul the whole crew around in. Are you sore after a long ride like that?

Cuttin_up said:
I have always wondered how rough one of those were. I would love to get one with the crew cab one day to haul the whole crew around in. Are you sore after a long ride like that?

Polaris Rangers ride smoother than a car or a pickup. I don't think some of the other brands of UTVs ride nearly as smooth.

Cuttin_up said:

On the dash of our Ranger, there is a Polaris Logo with the words "Hardest Working, Smoothest Riding"

I would say that is pretty accurate.

tenbach79 said:
How does it handle loaded up with mineral?

I usually load a Ranger with ten sacks of salt and ten sacks of mineral, which makes a thousand pounds of cargo. It handles this very well, though I try not to drive too fast until the load is somewhat lightened.

Cuttin_up said:

The young fella that leases our place has one, and it's the regular cab.
He gets his 4 kids in it plus his wife and away they go. They must not
get sore cuz they're always anxious to load up. I think they have a lot
of fun in it. Oh, the kids are from 3 years old to 10 years old.

Soapweed said:
Cuttin_up said:

Polaris Rangers ride smoother than a car or a pickup. I don't think some of the other brands of UTVs ride nearly as smooth.

Well, I can tell you those kawasaki mules ride just like a damn mule does, pretty bouncy or at least the ones I had did both 4 legged and 4 wheeled.
good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Soapweed said:
Cuttin_up said:

Well, I can tell you those kawasaki mules ride just like a damn mule does, pretty bouncy or at least the ones I had did both 4 legged and 4 wheeled.
good luck

The Kawasaki Mules don't go nearly as fast as the Rangers do, either. :wink:

Latest posts