• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Poll....Who likes this new format?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tommy

Reaction score
Just am curious as to how many of the regulars like this new format of RanchersNet?
I do not care for it at all and will probably not post here very much in the future.

I didn't like it at first either Tommy. Just hang with us and we'll come to like it. The private messaging is pretty neat, along with the ability to sort thru posts faster because of the times being posted etc. Hang with us Tommy your views are worthwhile!

Couple of pointers...

You did link to a place that makes memorable T-shirts with icons of your hometown. Just click on the link in your post and you are there.
For a picture the URL has to point to a jpg or gif file posted somewhere on the net. Right click on the picture you want and left click on Properties that will give you it's URL Then click on the IMG button and then paste the URL and click on the Ing button again like:
cow374x386.jpg

Custom Avatars are explained here:
http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7

If you can't reduce the size to fit, email the picture to me and I'll try to resize it for you.

Navigating is explained here:
http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5
There are a few more tricks you will find as you use the software.

Tommy said:
Just am curious as to how many of the regulars like this new format of RanchersNet?
I do not care for it at all and will probably not post here very much in the future.

Tommy where are you gonna post?they are all like this as a matter of fact as far as AG boards go this has got to be the best out there ,you know the old saying MAKE DO OR DO WITHOUT I want to see you stay here...........good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Tommy said:

Tommy where are you gonna post?they are all like this as a matter of fact as far as AG boards go this has got to be the best out there ,you know the old saying MAKE DO OR DO WITHOUT I want to see you stay here...........good luck

I didnt like it at first but it grows on you.Also its an addiction and where else can you get your fix.... 8) 8)

Tommy :cry2: don't go!
It's like adapting to a death.
Put one foot in front of the other,
post a few
and keep breathing.

Thanks everyone, I guess I just do not like change, was very comfortable with the old RanchersNet. I will try to adjust.

Macon, I still have to login each time I want to post a reply or message, even though I have the box checked to login automaticly.

I thought this site was for serious stuff like exchanging deas and catte related topics not picking out cute little avitars and emoticons. dropped off cattle today when they went to this format way to hard to pick up approp. threads

Tommy said:
I still have to login each time I want to post a reply or message, even though I have the box checked to login automaticly.

Anybody else having this problem?

It uses a cookie to remember your login info so make sure your computer is not set to not accept ANY cookies. Use one of the medium (default) settings on your browser. But the most common cause is to be logged in on two computers at the same time. Like logging in at work, not logging off and then going home and trying to login again.

Macon, correct me if I'm wrong, but it could also be that the browser is set to erase/delete cookies in too short a time.

I like what this format does over the other. I like that there is a site for poems and lite chat and that there is a site for bull session. So those that want Fightless Friday can have it every day if they want and those that like to discuss the topic of the day don't have to feel bad if it falls on friday. I Like the edit and even the little emoticons. Maybe a few of the posters that just get so mad they want to cuss will just post a few steaming red mad faces to get his or her point across and let us read into those face our own words. just a thought. I vote for the new format :clap:

Murgen said:
Macon, correct me if I'm wrong, but it could also be that the browser is set to erase/delete cookies in too short a time.

You probably know more about cookies than I do. I just know that it puts a cookie on your computer (without sending us any information) with your profile preferences and the number of the last post you viewed. You can see it in the cookie folder in Windows on your computer with explorer if you are interested. If your computer won't accept cookies or erases it that could cause the problem.

Tommy said:
Thanks everyone, I guess I just do not like change, was very comfortable with the old RanchersNet. I will try to adjust.

Tommy, You'd better hang around. It's not the format, it's the people. Heck, you were here sparring with Lone Wolf around 5 years ago when I stumbled onto this site.

goto tools then goto Internet options, then scroll down to security, uncheck the box that says empty temporary files when browser closed, this might help save your cookies.

I like reading this format. Just thought I'd try to post, will see if I mess it up.

Latest posts