• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Post a Ranch Photo!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I'd imagine the white stuff comes soon and stays long up your way. But our cattle are issued a canteen each year and told to stay 5 square miles from one another in order to fill their bellies every summer. Too bad we cant have the best of both our worlds!:ROFLMAO:
Side note- Hope life has treated ya fine. Holler if i can ever be of service. My dream vacation would be to swing up that way and see you and then Gcreek and Per and end up at Soapweed's place.
'H, you don't need to be of service, you can just wander up here any dang time you like. We can either find something to do, something to hunt, or just sit around and tell each other how clever we are.

Last week was weaning time here.. all the mommas know they can finally get rid of those suckers! Sure, they bawl a little bit, but something tells me they really don't mind all that much either
20201004125955.JPG

I have gotten $20 to $50 for whole frozen coyotes.
The winter I posted the pictures I couldn't find a market/ buyer so they got dumped.
Last year the big fur auction shut down due to some money scandal but I think it got bought out and reopened. Hard to tell how the auction will be this year.

We were weaning calves today an sold a couple of calves for 4H steers. I just happened to have taken a picture a few days ago of the one calf that was selected today. This particular calf weighed in at 835 lbs and is 210 days old today. The other one lagged behind at 770. Proud rancher moment I guess :)
5AD0AD2D-73DD-4BFF-B670-F4ECC7247B1E.jpeg

We were weaning calves today an sold a couple of calves for 4H steers. I just happened to have taken a picture a few days ago of the one calf that was selected today. This particular calf weighed in at 835 lbs and is 210 days old today. The other one lagged behind at 770. Proud rancher moment I guess :)
View attachment 146
Wow, mommas are good milkers and good forage to go with it.

How old are those bulls and what breed are they? They look to be massive to me!!
They are South African composite Bonsmara, these are three years old if my memory serves me, the herd has been established using embryos from Dr Stricks herd in South Africa and have been thriving for over 20 years. The breed is the most performance tested breed in the world, and was bred from a three way hybrid - 50% Afrikaner, 25%Hereford, and 25% Shorthorn, intended for the hot S.A. climate but the British contenet equally adds cold climate adaptability, with a good winter coat.

They are South African composite Bonsmara, these are three years old if my memory serves me, the herd has been established using embryos from Dr Stricks herd in South Africa and have been thriving for over 20 years. The breed is the most performance tested breed in the world, and was bred from a three way hybrid - 50% Afrikaner, 25%Hereford, and 25% Shorthorn, intended for the hot S.A. climate but the British contenet equally adds cold climate adaptability, with a good winter coat.
Interesting, thanks! What is the av birthweight on these cattle? Av weight when born? Just curious.

Latest posts