• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Prairie Home Companion

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I'm sure few here will be watching that particular flick. Garrison Keillor is a liberal, afterall! Worse, he's even proud of that fact. :shock:

The movie: haven't seen the trailer, but I have seen the making-of on HBO. It looks good.
Having spent most of my life listening to PHC, I can't wait to see it. :)

Big Muddy rancher said:
Any of you movie goers see the runner on this movie? I have seen to ads on TV and was wondering if anybody had the LOWDOWN.
I've also seen the ads for the movie and I'll be seeing it...Tommy Lee Jones my FAV actor of all time.It does look good!

Yup even,closed minded,negative,unworldly,uneducated conservatives will go see the movie :roll:

I used to listen to the show a lot, owned a few tapes but in all honestly, the only part I liked were the stories from Lake Woebegon... Most of the other stuff never did much for me.

Tommy Lee Jones was college roomates with Al Gore. And he's a Democrat...and he's just plain HOT!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

He is also one of those stars with the rep of being an arrogant SOB... Of course, it is getting to be a rarity to hear of the nice guys...

I don't know the man personally.....so I can't say if he's an SOB or not. I ' heard' of a lot of people being " this or that" way....then later to find out they were OK afterall.

No matter....he's still HOT!!

IL Rancher said:
He is also one of those stars with the rep of being an arrogant SOB... Of course, it is getting to be a rarity to hear of the nice guys...
No more PPllleeeaaassseee,don't tarnish my picture perfect idealism of Tommy Lee :? :lol: :lol: Hands over my ears,not listening anymore.... :cry2:

I was just saying he has the rep... On a postive note, Tom Hanks filmed part of a movie "Road to Perdition" near my hometown and was said to be just one of the nicest guys you could ever meet...

Yup even,closed minded,negative,unworldly,uneducated conservatives will go see the movie

Who said any of that stuff?
confused-smiley-013.gif
(For that matter, Mrs. G, I would challenge you to find anywhere I've made stereotyping comments about any group, conservatives or otherwise)

I'm just basing my guess on the current WeHateTheDixieChicks thread. (btw, considering how much no one cares about them, there sure is a lot of board space devoted to 'em.)

If you've listened to Garrison for any length of time, you know he's been politcally outspoken (liberal) for longer than the DCs have even been alive. :lol:

Tommy Lee Jones is probably my most favorite actor these days after
Tom Selleck~

He spent a lot of time in Sheridan, Wyoming last summer. I was down
there a lot because of my dad. All I heard about him was good things.
Nothing about him being arrogant.

I hope he isn't arrogant. What a bummer if he is.

Well, just think about it. I guess you'd have an arrogant day two if you had reporters, photographers, etc chasing you around every time you stuck your head out the door!!!

I guess I'd get a bit snarky from time to time myself!!!!!

Hmmmmmm....Selleck N-I-C-E!!!!!! :pretty:

I thought Woody Harralson made an excellent cowboy in "The
Cowboy Way." I've never liked him in anything else, tho. Perhaps
it is because of the TYPE of movie it is. Most of them, I wind up
not caring to watch.

In "The Cowboy Way" he acts so much like some cowboys from
Kaycee, Wyoming it is uncanny. Anyone that has been there,
knows Kaycee is the "Cowboy Capital of the World."

Faster horses said:
I thought Woody Harralson made an excellent cowboy in "The
Cowboy Way." I've never liked him in anything else, tho. Perhaps
it is because of the TYPE of movie it is. Most of them, I wind up
not caring to watch.

In "The Cowboy Way" he acts so much like some cowboys from
Kaycee, Wyoming it is uncanny. Anyone that has been there,
knows Kaycee is the "Cowboy Capital of the World."

Kaycee? Cowboy? Wyoming. I'm curious about the place, FH!

Latest posts