• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Prayers Needed

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Just to let you guys know- Jeff and Roubie Younkin (Younkin Angus) kids were in a wreck this morning on their way to school...Garrett (12 year old) was killed in the wreck...Last I heard was 2 (Cadence and Cache) had been flown to Billings because of the severity of their injuries...Last I heard Cordell was still in the local hospital...

Sounds like they can use all the prayers and support they can get to recover....

You know they have ours as we know the family.

How awful. This is tragic.

I feel so bad for Roubie and her family, but praying is all we can do for now and probably is the best thing we can do.

Thanks for posting this OT. Please keep us updated.

Sending prayers for family and friends.
The loss of a child is a pain no parent should have to endure. Sending extra comfort prayers to the parents and grandparents.

God, you sacrificed your son so that we and our children would transcend physical death. We know that you grieved when he was crucified and that you grieve over all the atrocities done by men -- especially in your name. You know and understand grief as you know and understand all. You know best how to comfort these parents. Lift their hearts up to you and fill them with your peace. Your understanding is beyond our human comprehension, but give them the knowledge and faith to endure even that which they can't understand. Let them be aware of you always God, and help them to remember that your Love is Life that can never really be taken away.
Amen

Faster horses said:
You know they have ours as we know the family.

Yeah- I figured there are a lot in the country that do know the family-- with Roubie coming from the Cornwell Ranch family (Tiny's daughter) and Jeff's family (Charlie and Wilma) being involved in the angus business on both sides the state- for as long as I can remember.....

Prayers from here also. I worked through a similiar situation as a nurse. God help all those in need.

MsSage said:
Sending prayers for family and friends.
The loss of a child is a pain no parent should have to endure. Sending extra comfort prayers to the parents and grandparents.

God, you sacrificed your son so that we and our children would transcend physical death. We know that you grieved when he was crucified and that you grieve over all the atrocities done by men -- especially in your name. You know and understand grief as you know and understand all. You know best how to comfort these parents. Lift their hearts up to you and fill them with your peace. Your understanding is beyond our human comprehension, but give them the knowledge and faith to endure even that which they can't understand. Let them be aware of you always God, and help them to remember that your Love is Life that can never really be taken away.
Amen

Amen and Amen and our own prayers added. Thank you for these wonderful words MSage.

That was a wonderful prayer MsSage, While I do not know the family, I to pray that God gives them the understanding as to why those things happen, and the strength to face them.

I have gone through these kind of things myself. Often we go through life thinking that no one gives a hoot about us, then when tragedy happens, you find you have many friends and neighbors who are concerned about your well being and of your loss.

Here's the story from the Billings Gazette:

A Glasgow boy died Friday morning and three other children were taken to the hospital after a one-vehicle rollover northwest of Glasgow.

According to the Montana Highway Patrol, a 16-year-old Glasgow girl was driving 1997 Dodge pickup at a high rate of speed westbound on Tampico Road, which is a gravel road, about a mile east of the small town of Vandalia, at 7:30 a.m. She lost control of the truck and it went into a ditch on the north side of the road, rolled 5.25 times and came to a rest on its driver's side.

All four people in the truck - the driver, a 13-year-old boy, an 11-year-old boy and a 7-year-old boy, all from Glas-gow - were ejected as it rolled, the highway patrol said.

The 13-year-old boy, identified Saturday as Garrett Younkin by Valley County Sheriff/Coroner Glen Meier, was declared dead at the scene. The driver and the other passengers were taken to Frances Mahon Deaconess Hospital in Glasgow to be treated for injuries.

The 16-year-old driver and 11-year-old passenger were then hospitalized in Billings, Meier said, and one remains in the intensive care unit. The 7-year-old boy was treated at the Billings hospital and released, Meier said.

Vandalia is about 17 miles northwest of Glasgow.

Nobody in the truck was wearing a seatbelt and excessive speed was a factor in the crash, according to the highway patrol.

The crash remains under investigation.

Very sad. I will make sure my young drivers read this. Those parents will need lots of support.

Latest posts