• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

prayers needed.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Oh man, I can't hardly even think about it. I have a 4 and a 2 year old and they are out amongst it all the time. Just scares me to death. Thinking and praying for all involved.

I can only echo the words and prayers of everyone.

Sadly, many of us have had similar tragedies in our own communities.

The caring communities can help, but the pain will be eased only a little by love and time.

Meanwhile, everyone is reminded to be even more careful and mindful of the little ones while going about our work.

mrj

they laid him to rest Wednesday, and the entire football team went as a group, (the 17 yr old is the center and my son is the QB )
I did not see it, but a lady told me that my boy was really tore up and crying..... he got a speeding ticket that morning, and i have hounded him about his poor driving.... so I took the opportunity to ask him if he saw the little boys mom, he said yes. so I asked if he ever wanted to see his mother in that possition....he gave me a dumb look, and i told him if his driving did not improve, we may very well be in the same spot as those parents....his eyes watered up, he told me he would drive better.....and my neighbor told me it looked like the kid was only driving 50 mph and the way to school !!....I guess some things do sink into a kids head.

Some lessons in life are terribly hard to bear. I sure do hope and pray that the community works together to help people recover as well as possible. It seems extra tough on teen-agers and young people. Possibly because many realize there have been times something similar could have happened when they were not paying enough attention.

Comforting, even simply by ones' presence and a handshake to let those sometimes forgotten neighborhood young people know and feel the caring can help tremendously. Sharing about our own 'near misses', and how much we care about everyone can help more than we know, at such sad times.

mrj

There are just far too many accidents in farms and ranches, one seconds lack of attention or losing momentary visibility is all it usually takes, please let us all be even more vigilant!! Our prayers are with the family and community, especially in the weeks to come when the reality begins to really take hold, keep them well supported for quite a while they will still need caring neighbours for some time to come, the young man who was driving will need support for a long while, probably a mentor to take him "under their wing" and help him come to terms with what has happened.

Latest posts