• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Prayers needed

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Nicky

Reaction score
Just saw on FB that Soap was flown to Norfolk Ne. to the hospital. Don't know why, I'll keep you posted on what I learn.

I guess it's Covid

Last edited:
This is what Soap wrote on FB

Covid this time. I'm doing fairly well, all things considered. Will probably be here for at least another week. Merle Haggard made a hit song about "If we make it through December, we'll be fine." My song will be, "If we make it through September, we'll be fine." September has always been my favorite month, but that is when I got West Nile in 2013, a heart stent in 2014, and now Covid in 2021. I have a great crew of a fine cowgirl wife, and two wonderful sons and their equally wonderful families taking care of things on the ranch. All is well, and Jesus is at the wheel.

Covid this time. I'm doing fairly well, all things considered. Will probably be here for at least another week. Merle Haggard made a hit song about "If we make it through December, we'll be fine." My song will be, "If we make it through September, we'll be fine." September has always been my favorite month, but that is when I got West Nile in 2013, a heart stent in 2014, and now Covid in 2021. I have a great crew of a fine cowgirl wife, and two wonderful sons and their equally wonderful families taking care of things on the ranch. All is well, and Jesus is at the wheel.
I just read this and Soap is one tough guy. I am glad he is better and on the mend. Prayers for him and his family.

'Praying for you, Soapweed. God and the doctors and nurses saved my life from it. God is GOOD. Jesus is the Great Physician.

Brock just posted on Soapweed's fb page. I am sharing it here for those who would like to know the latest.

"I would like to update everyone on dad's condition. The last few days have been pretty tough for dad. In fact, Will, mom, and myself traveled to Norfolk this Saturday morning to say our "good-byes" as the doctors were going to take him off of the ventilator and let him drift peacefully to heaven. It had seemed that this was the point it had gotten to and we have braced ourselves for this outcome.
As we neared Norfolk by 5 miles, we received a call from dad's doctor saying that his medical stats had improved enough that he did not want to do anything drastic today and see where this could take us. Dad has a medical plan that he, himself, designed stating that he wishes to not be on a ventilator for more than ten days and does not want any further action taken to save his life beyond the ventilator. This plan could take us into Tuesday before we know anything definitive. The doctor was adamant that covid is very fickle with good and bad days and that this improvement may not last and that we shouldn't get our hopes up for a different outcome. We are maintaining that the Lord's will be done regardless of which "home" dad is to return. We would love your continued prayers for dad as his life still hangs uncertainly but wanted to reassure everyone that he has not passed on yet!

Thank you from Brock Moreland and family."

Comment

Latest posts