• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Predator Priests and the longterm coverups

Help Support Ranchers.net:

iwannabeacowboy said:
TexasBred said:
iwannabeacowboy said:
1. I've never stated such.

2. How do my personal beliefs affect what these evil people have done?

Are you trying to figure a personal attack instead of discuss the facts of the situation?

Sad.
Not at all. I simply asked an honest question and you refused to answer.........Sad

As for predator priests, pastors, etc. there has been way too much of it for way to long and those in charge need to do something to bring it to a halt and prosecute the guilty of all religions, denominations etc. Unfortunately the Catholics get all the headlines for a couple of reasons. It's only made public long after the fact and usually the victim receives big money. Protestant churches seem to downplay it, keep it quite as well and simply remove the pastor and he's free to go and do whatever he wants. Since a majority of them are independent or at least "stand alone" churches there seldom is any big money to be had from anyone so it doesn't make the big headlines. As I said earlier don't be fooled into thinking it's limited strictly to Catholics as studies and research have proven it to be rampant in all faiths. None are exempt so clean your own house before you pass judgement on mine.

As I said. My personal views have no bearing on the conduct of various religious leaders.They might if you stand up and be counted.

I also stated that a holier than thou attitude won't age well for almost anyone. Haven't seen that in this post. Only comments to the affect that no church is exempt or innocent

Are false teachers fortold or not?absolutely but we must also be able to discern false teachers from real teachers of the word

How many atheists use biblical doctrine to support their positions? Have I argued against men or God?Some do for sure but usually will add to or remove parts to change the meaning. Athiest will resort to psychology and science.

Littlejoe said:
Holding these pervs--and those who protected them--accountable is the opposite of being anti Christian.

Sound reasoning.

TexasBred said:
I also stated that a holier than thou attitude won't age well for almost anyone. Haven't seen that in this post. Only comments to the affect that no church is exempt or innocent

Have to go way back to the first page. Lots of text here, easy to skip over.

PHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5) − Brophy College Preparatory is preparing for a possible new sex abuse scandal involving some of its priests.

An investigation into "Jesuit middle and high schools" across the west could name priests going back to the 1950's.

No priests have been named in this investigation yet, Jesuit leadership told schools last week that this information is about to come out.

However, given the scope of this case, Brophy seems to be preparing for possible trouble, sending a letter home to parents Tuesday.

The letter sent from Brophy President Adria Renke makes reference to the investigation by Jesuits West into priests who may have abused minors.

"I write today with a heavy heart to inform you of an impending announcement by Jesuits West Province," writes Renke. "Under the direction of Father Provincial Scott Santarosa, SJ, Jesuits West has been conducting an investigation and will release the names of all Jesuit priests under jurisdiction of the Province who have been found to have credible allegations of sexual abuse against minors since 1950."

The implication is that current and past Brophy priests could be named in that investigation.

"All Jesuit priests missioned to Brophy are assigned through Jesuits West - formerly the California Province of the Society of Jesus - and it is through the Province that a thorough investigation and accounting of accusations has been taking place," writes Renke.

Jesuits West will name those priests on Dec. 7 with the organization looking into allegations going back 60 years.

The release of those findings could impact religious institutions across the country - including Brophy.

In the letter, Renke pledged full cooperation.

"Like you, I am saddened and outraged by each new revelation and disclosure," writes Renke. "You have my strong commitment that Brophy will be completely transparent in relaying information as we have it doing absolutely everything we can to ensure the safety and health of our students."

Arizona's Family reached out to Brophy's president and the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests for a statment but we are still waiting to hear back from them.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/brophy-college-prep-preparing-for-possible-sex-abuse-scandal-involving/article_0a7f91fc-e7f7-11e8-8cf2-27634691f0fa.html

Pope Francis (Latin: Franciscus; Italian: Francesco; Spanish: Francisco; born Jorge Mario Bergoglio; 17 December 1936) is the 266th and current Pope and sovereign of the Vatican City State. Francis is the first Jesuit pope, the first from the Americas, the first from the Southern Hemisphere, and the first pope from outside Europe since the Syrian Gregory III, who reigned in the 8th century.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Francis

iwannabeacowboy said:
Pope Francis (Latin: Franciscus; Italian: Francesco; Spanish: Francisco; born Jorge Mario Bergoglio; 17 December 1936) is the 266th and current Pope and sovereign of the Vatican City State. Francis is the first Jesuit pope, the first from the Americas, the first from the Southern Hemisphere, and the first pope from outside Europe since the Syrian Gregory III, who reigned in the 8th century.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Francis
AND????

Brian Houston, the founder of the Hillsong Church, is under investigation by New South Wales police over his handling of the sex crimes committed by his father Frank Houston.

Frank Houston was a Pentecostal pioneer, a leading Assemblies of God pastor who preyed on young boys in Australia and New Zealand in the 1960s and 1970s.

The first allegations of Frank Houston's pedophilia emerged in the late 1990s, when Brian Houston was the Australian National President of the Assemblies of God, part of the largest Pentecostal denomination in the world.

In 2014, Brian Houston gave evidence before the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sex Abuse, which later found he had failed to take the matter to the police and had a conflict of interest in dealing with the complaints against his father.

It has emerged that in the wake of the Royal Commission's findings, NSW Police began looking into his handling of his father's crimes, an investigation that was suspended because of lack of evidence.

A NSW police spokesman said the investigation has been reopened and is now "current and active".

Last night on 60 Minutes, one of Frank Houston's victims, Brett Sengstock, spoke for the first time of his abuse by Frank Houston as a seven-year-old boy and his ongoing quest for justice.

A key witness at the Royal Commission, where he was known only as 'AHA', Brett Sengstock gave up his anonymity to tell his story.

For more information on Brett Sengstock, click here.

To read a response to Royal Commission report - from Hillsong Church Board and Elders, please click here.

To watch 'Crossing the Line' in full, and for more on 60 Minutes, head to the official website.

Generational? Megachurch?

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/hillsong-church-founder-under-police-investigation/ar-BBPPrz0?ocid=spartanntp

Illinois Finds Catholic Church Hid Abuse Accusations Against 500 More Priests

Preliminary findings from the Illinois Attorney General, Lisa Madigan, in an investigation into abuse at Catholic churches in the state, were released on Wednesday.

The attorney general's findings revealed that the state's six Roman Catholic dioceses have withheld the names of 500 clergymen accused of misconduct, local media reports. The report is said to be highly critical of the state's six Roman Catholic dioceses, ripping into them for failing to properly investigate sexual abuse allegations against the clergymen and in some cases not investigating the claims at all.

"In the four months since the Office opened this investigation, the Illinois Dioceses have acknowledged that they are aware of an additional forty-five previously undisclosed clergy who they deemed to be 'credibly' accused of sexually abusing minors," the report says.

Dioceses in the state publicly identified "only 185 clergy as having been 'credibly' accused of sexual abuse." More than 500 clergy were subjects of sexual abuse complaints. That means 26 percent of the total 690 allegations against clergymen were deemed credible. It also means that 74 percent of the allegations were "either not investigated, or were investigated but not substantiated."

The report also singled out the dioceses' failure to notify child welfare workers in the state of a number of allegations.

They "failed in its moral obligation to provide survivors, parishioners and the public a complete and accurate accounting of all sexually inappropriate behavior involving priests in Illinois," the report states.

"The findings also provide a critical document for discussion as the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops plan to meet for a week-long retreat in Mundelein in January," it adds.

"I want to express again the profound regret of the whole church for our failures to address the scourge of clerical sexual abuse," the Chicago Cardinal Blase Cupich said in a statement following the attorney general's report. "It is the courage of victim-survivors that has shed purifying light on this dark chapter in church history."

https://sputniknews.com/us/201812201070839975-Illinois-Catholic-Accusations-500-Priests/

http://www.illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/pressroom/2018_12/Catholic_Church_Preliminary_FindingsUpdate121918.pdf

So disturbing the amount of pedophilia and homosexual activity in the clergy and priesthood. Such deception. Maybe they aren't so worried about the magnitude of the sin when they can provide absolution to each other and keep it all secret. Maybe priests vow of celibacy is just a magnet for abuse. It's all too unnatural, imo.

The magnitude of the cover up is revealing...though hard to accept.

A fallen world has fallen institutions. The insitutions with the most power and reach are the ones that should be evaluated the closest.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/united-nations-soldiers-paedophilia-un-child-rape-ngo-staff-a7648791.html

Not article related, but from an anonymous source that worked in the UN.

The United Nations is turning a blind eye to child rape within its own ranks'

Google 'UN sexual abuse' and see just how much comes up and for how long it comes up. See for how long Kofi Anan, Ban Ki Moon and now Antonio Guterres have been saying 'something must be done'

Have you ever wondered why countries like Democratic Republic of Congo and Pakistan send so many peacekeeping soldiers? It is because the UN pays for these countries to send soldiers. It is a huge export earner for their militaries and it is paid for by the net contributing countries like the UK, the US and Australia.

And this is not a surprise or unknown. Google "food for sex" and "UN sexual abuse" and see just how much comes up and for how long it comes up. See for how long Kofi Anan, Ban Ki Moon and now António Guterres have been saying "something must be done".

I am not a right wing UN basher – I used to work for the UN. As my close friends will tell you, one of the reasons I left the UN is because I call them the second largest harbourer of paedophiles behind only the Catholic Church. But maybe I am wrong. Maybe the UN is worse.

Amazing that the Jesuit Pope has so much to say about our Southern barrier... But not a peep on NY passing a bill to kill babies minutes from being born....

https://mobile.twitter.com/PamelaGeller/status/1089199310808346624

And i wonder when he is going to demand this immoral wall around the Vatican be torn down?

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1092840484811227138

CBS News

Verified account

@CBSNews

Follow Follow @CBSNews

More

BREAKING: Pope Francis has confirmed reports that nuns have suffered and are still suffering sexual abuse at the hands of Catholic priests and bishops, and even being held as sexual slaves

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47134033

Pope admits clerical abuse of nuns including sexual slavery

Send them to prison where they can live out their sexual fantasies.......minus the kids.

iwannabeacowboy said:
Amazing that the Jesuit Pope has so much to say about our Southern barrier... But not a peep on NY passing a bill to kill babies minutes from being born....

Cowboy he doesn't have to make a statement. A statement is made in every Catechism of the Catholic Church. From your lack of knowledge I would assume you are not catholic and thus do not own a catechism so I will post it here in it's entirity.

Abortion
2270 Human life must be respected and protected absolutely from the moment of conception. From the first moment of his existence, a human being must be recognized as having the rights of a person -- among which is the inviolable right of every innocent being to life.(71)
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. (72)
My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately wrought in the depths of the earth .(73)
2271 Since the first century the Church has affirmed the moral evil of every procured abortion. This teaching has not changed and remains unchangeable. Direct abortion, that is to say, abortion willed either as an end or a means, is gravely contrary to the moral law:
You shall not kill the embryo by abortion and shall not cause the newborn to perish .(74)
God, the Lord of life, has entrusted to men the noble mission of safeguarding life, and men must carry it out in a manner worthy of themselves. Life must be protected with the utmost care from the moment of conception: abortion and infanticide are abominable crimes.(75)
2272 Formal co-operation in an abortion constitutes a grave offence. The Church attaches the canonical penalty of excommunication to this crime against human life. 'A person who procures a completed abortion incurs excommunication latae sententiae' (76) 'by the very commission of the offence', (77) and subject to the conditions provided by Canon Law . (78) The Church does not thereby intend to restrict the scope of mercy. Rather, she makes clear the gravity of the crime committed, the irreparable harm done to the innocent who is put to death, as well as to the parents and the whole of society.
2273 The inalienable right to life of every innocent human individual is a constitutive element of a civil society and its legislation:
'The inalienable rights of the person must be recognized and respected by civil society and the political authority. These human rights depend neither on single individuals nor on parents; nor do they represent a concession made by society and the state; they belong to human nature and are inherent in the person by virtue of the creative act from which the person took his origin. Among such fundamental rights one should mention in this regard every human being's right to life and physical integrity from the moment of conception until death.'(79)
'The moment a positive law deprives a category of human beings of the protection which civil legislation ought to accord them, the state is denying the equality of all before the law. When the state does not place its power at the service of the rights of each citizen, and in particular of the more vulnerable, the very foundations of a state based on law are undermined. . . As a consequence of the respect and protection which must be ensured for the unborn child from the moment of conception, the law must provide appropriate penal sanctions for every deliberate violation of the child's rights.' (80)
2274 Since it must be treated from conception as a person, the embryo must be defended in its integrity, cared for, and healed, as far as possible, like any other human being.
Prenatal diagnosis is morally licit, 'if it respects the life and integrity of the embryo and the human foetus and is directed toward its safeguarding or healing as an individual... It is gravely opposed to the moral law when this is done with the thought of possibly inducing an abortion, depending upon the results: a diagnosis must not be the equivalent of a death sentence.' (81)
2275 'One must hold as licit procedures carried out on the human embryo which respect the life and integrity of the embryo and do not involve disproportionate risks for it, but are directed toward its healing, the improvement of its condition of health, or its individual survival.' (82)
'It is immoral to produce human embryos intended for exploitation as disposable biological material.' (83)
'Certain attempts to influence chromosomic or genetic inheritance are not therapeutic but are aimed at producing human beings selected according to sex or other predetermined qualities. Such manipulations are contrary to the personal dignity of the human being and his integrity and identity' (84) which are unique and unrepeatable.

Latest posts