• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

"q" Pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

PPRM

Reaction score
I am getting ready for an event and trying out different Rubs and Marinades on Top Round and Eye of the Round. I refer to these cuts as "Cracker Meats'. Not in reference to us White Folks, No... I say that in that they generally are eaten with something on them. Whereas my Rib Eyes stand alone for example...

The three flavors pictured here are Pepper/Garlic, Chipolte and Apricot Brandy Sauce

RoastPlatterGarlicPepperChipolteApr.jpg

They didn't last long

PlatterNotalotleft.jpg

Future Flavors Include Vintage Gouda Cheese, Merlot, Cabernet, Whiskey Sauce, Marionberry Pepper, Sake Teriyaki and a few others I am working on with a Chef Friend. Both Wine ones will be reductions where I simmer the Wine with Onion, Lemon, Basil, Rosemary and/or Terragon until I am left with about half the volume of the wine... LOL, not from sipping mind you. Hmm...Maybe I should start with two bottles, LOL

So, yeah, I have been busy

No offence but Ewww...there's blood runnin out of it, and I ain't about to eat nothin that's still mooin.

As for the rubs. We have a little season place that we get all of our different rubs from. They make some awesome stuff.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
No offence but Ewww...there's blood runnin out of it, and I ain't about to eat nothin that's still mooin.

As for the rubs. We have a little season place that we get all of our different rubs from. They make some awesome stuff.

I suppose you figure with a shot of penicillin and a electric prod you could get it back on it's feet? :lol: :lol:

I was told by my meat-head friend that there is very little blood in a piece of meat. He said that the juices that come from the meat certainly look like blood and have the color of blood, but they are "other" juices. I don't know what the "other" really is, but I think it would be nice if every consumer understood this fact. Then there would be no terminology such as "bloody steak" to ruin the experience for some folks that can't stand the thought of such a thing. There again, I am taking a meat scientist's word for it. :wink:

Either way, PPRM, that is some FINE looking meat :!:

HP

LOL I don't care what the juices are called.....I want my meat well done. How can they say "other juices"? When the only juice runnin thru it before hand is....... well........blood. (Well maybe those store bought steaks.....injected with all manner of "other" stuff.) But not my home raised beef.

Only juice I want near my meat is gravy! I'll sop that up with my bread LOL

Well, now you're going to make me quiz my friend a little harder. I know, I know, it's a little hard to believe. :D

HP

LOL I don't care what the juices are called.....I want my meat well done. How can they say "other juices"? When the only juice runnin thru it before hand is....... well........blood. (Well maybe those store bought steaks.....injected with all manner of "other" stuff.) But not my home raised beef.

Ahem, well Jersey, I hafta wonder what you make the gravy from . . .

burnt said:

Ahem, well Jersey, I hafta wonder what you make the gravy from . . .

The blood/juice that runs outta the meat....but it's no longer red....it's fully cooked.... :wink:

Such as roast gravy...it's brown in color.

The crispy crunchies in the pan (that's blood that ran outta the meat while cookin along with flour if it was coated with it before hand) when I've used a skillet to cook meat in. Add flour, and water for brown gravy...or flour and milk for cream gravy. Either way....it's fully cooked and nothin runnin outta my meat when it's done.

I have nothin against those that prefer a rare steak. But I can't sit across the table from you while you eat it. If I order a steak somewhere.....it's always ordered well done. If they don't know what well done is...it gets sent back until it is. Sometimes I've been known to tell them after sending one back a couple times....."Burn it" It's not burnt.....I've yet to get one that is when I tell em that. But you just can't convince them that you REALLY DO want it well done with no blood runnin out...no pink in the middle.....DONE!

Love this, Got to go with High Plains with this one, no offense to any one, Looks very well served PPRM. I would say that beef would be called medium with an internal temp of about 154, rare would be something in the low 130's at a good resturant. We do a lot of roasts for our annual 4th of July BBQ, usually 200#, some folks want it done done but most want it pink in the middle, I had one guy that asked me to wipe it's butt and run it past the pit ?? I say it doesn't matter as long as it's beef. 101

No thanks FH. No offense...it's not what state the beef comes from that matters. It's the fact that I don't want blood runnin out of it when I cut into it. I don't even want a pink center either. It's how I prefer my meat cooked.

I have traveled up into Montana, N and S Dakota..and ate at some of the resturants there. Was never so glad to get back home and eat home cooked food in my life. LOL Don't ask me the names of the places we went to...they probably are no longer there...it was years ago. I do remember orderin a burger on that trip. Came to me open faced.....and bloody. I sent that thing back 3 times....and still didn't eat it on the last trip.
It would be the same frustration for those of you that prefer to eat your meat rare, or medium...and receivin one like I like on your plate. You wouldn't be happy.

Here's an example of how meat is cooked at resturants.....I googled and found it. Ya can't tell me the rare one is NOT RAW!!!!! I still see 'pink' in the one they term 'well' that's why I will tell them to burn it.
20100303-sous-vide-temps-500px.jpg

My wife sent one back last night that was a little red. Embarised me. I offered to trafe with her but had done ate half mine. I got her outside and got her in the headlock and give her a dry shampow. That will learn her for a while.

LMBO....my kids have made a good point here.....we have some days durin the summer that are pert near the temps that "rare" steaks are cooked. If that's the case...some of our cows are precooked on the hoof...still walkin around :wink:

Oh my... do I sense another knock-down, drag-out fight brewing?

Sort of like what we've been enjoying over cow dogs and cattle prods? Only this time over rare meat vs. well done?

Let's Git R On!!! :lol: :wink:

(Your beef looks wonderful PPRM)

Latest posts