• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

"q" Pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

WOW! That makes my mouth water, PPRM! I'm gonna go dig my BBQ'r out of a snow bank and fire it up. :) 8)

'How do you want your steak, burned to a crisp or bloody as h#ll?' I'll take my bloody. :D

I took Tam to the Paddock/ Red Ox in Regina at the Agribition. She went to the rest room and I ordered her steak.
It was pretty dark in that place and she ate it all up. We were the last ones in the place that night and they turned the lights on as were getting ready to leave. Tam saw the "Juices" on the plate and for 30 years hasn't let me forget. :lol: :lol:

Big Muddy rancher said:
I took Tam to the Paddock/ Red Ox in Regina at the Agribition. She went to the rest room and I ordered her steak.
It was pretty dark in that place and she ate it all up. We were the last ones in the place that night and they turned the lights on as were getting ready to leave. Tam saw the "Juices" on the plate and for 30 years hasn't let me forget. :lol: :lol:

So which was right - her eyes or her taste buds? :D :D :D

I like mine rare enough that a well qualified Vet could bring it back to life! :lol: Eggs, however need to be wel done and then cooked for 2 more minutes! Yolks give me the shivers! :mrgreen:

Well done and boot leather is the same to me.... Medium rare for me..

Hubby and I were hauling hiefiers home we bought and on the last laod we stopped at the VFW at Winner to eat.. We hadn't eaten all day. It was about 9:30pm and we asked if we could eat and the waitress said she would see if the grill was still on... She said it was, but they were out of prime rib.. So we settle for other steaks and she said to go to the salad bar. But there wasn't alot left... My foot!!! There was salads and lettice, puddings and all kinds of food.. We filled our plates and went back to eat.. The cook brought out our steaks and they were the best we had eathen in along time!! The cook checked on us twice to see if our steaks were okay..... It was the best supper we had eaten in several years...

JF Ranch said:
Oh my... do I sense another knock-down, drag-out fight brewing?

Sort of like what we've been enjoying over cow dogs and cattle prods? Only this time over rare meat vs. well done?

Let's Git R On!!! :lol: :wink:

(Your beef looks wonderful PPRM)

Nope...no knock down drag out.....I know how I like my steaks....the same as you all know how you like yours :D

Lilly you are not alone in how ya like your steak. :D Mrs. H wants them grey or she won't even try them. And my Mom, who was raised on a cattle ranch and should know better :wink: wants them Well Done too. :D

In that picture I would call the first one blue rare and the second rare. Rare is how I like em, but to each their own.... it just seems such a shame to see people ruining a great piece of beef by cooking the bejesus out of it :shock:
And H, a great breakfast is rare steak with over easy eggs on top so the running yolk mixes nicely with the steak juices......... in fact now that I've thought about it I may have breakfast for supper tonight! :D

PPRM that meat is done to perfection.. It is hard to make a round roast juicy and tender and it looks like that is exactly what those were.. All I can say is YUMMM.. :D

Silver said:
In that picture I would call the first one blue rare and the second rare. Rare is how I like em, but to each their own.... it just seems such a shame to see people ruining a great piece of beef by cooking the bejesus out of it :shock:
And H, a great breakfast is rare steak with over easy eggs on top so the running yolk mixes nicely with the steak juices......... in fact now that I've thought about it I may have breakfast for supper tonight! :D

If there was a dry heaves icon I would post about half a billion right here! :( Premature chickens are bad enough without a runny yolk! :shock:

Here ya go leanin H
doublepuke.gif

That makes a guy's mouth water just looking at it.

hillsdown said:
Silver said:
it just seems such a shame to see people ruining a great piece of beef by cooking the bejesus out of it :shock:

I agree and the only other worst offence is putting ketchup on a good piece of beef.

I always order steaks cooked "medium," and then they can be a bit one way or the other and still be mighty tasty. Once again, moderation in all things, but I'd rather have meat a little too "done" rather than too bloody rare.

Why is Heinz 57, Worcestershire, or A1 sauce legal but ketchup is not? :???: :? :roll:

Soapweed said:

hillsdown said:
Silver said:
it just seems such a shame to see people ruining a great piece of beef by cooking the bejesus out of it :shock:

I agree and the only other worst offence is putting ketchup on a good piece of beef.

I always order steaks cooked "medium," and then they can be a bit one way or the other and still be mighty tasty. Once again, moderation in all things, but I'd rather have meat a little too "done" rather than too bloody rare.

Why is Heinz 57, Worcestershire, or A1 sauce legal but ketchup is not? :???: :? :roll:

You know that's a really good point. I think a good piece of meat should be able to stand alone with a bit of salt and pepper.

Silver said:
Soapweed said:

hillsdown said:

You know that's a really good point. I think a good piece of meat should be able to stand alone with a bit of salt and pepper.

I can skip the pepper also. Medium rare.

Medium with a dash of Montreal Steak spice please. No sauces added. And if you are adding catsup then you are really not interested in the taste of the beef . . . just go order a hamburger at McDonald's!

burnt said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

So which was right - her eyes or her taste buds? :D :D :D

Let's just say if looks could kill I would have been a widow for the past thirty years. :wink: I like my meat done not red not pink but done to this day and he knows it. :wink:

This kind of reminds me of the "calving season" debate. I don't think anyone is going to change their mind. :lol:

Wow, Look at the Stir I caused, LOL... Sorry, I have been away a bit.

The Cooking was done at a Feed Store in Jerome. I was doing a training there.

Temp/Doneness...Depends on which roast and where you cut it. Actually, I had about 7 Roasts I did for that if I recall. I had three temp probes and pulled them at 145-150 degrees. The ends of some were done likely to Lilly's liking. I tend to do the sweeter Marinades at a higher doneness. I find the tendency is for Ladies to prefer the sweeter ones and like them more done.

I won't even go into the whole Juice Debate, LOL.

Thanks for the kind words

Latest posts