• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Question for Jigs

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Sandhusker

Reaction score
Jiggsy, as it now obvious to everybody that the Bevo 12 is soon to be history and, judging by their comeback win over a junior college, K St. really doesn't belong in division 1 to begin with, when your conference disolves, will K St. drop down a division where they can be competitive or will they drop football altogether?

Isn't Eastern Kentucky in the same Division as UT Chattanooga? FCS?

Yes they are and they play each other on 9/17.

I think the Mocs are in the same conf. as Auburn's homecoming opponent, Samford.

Were you one of those people who left the Auburn game early yesterday when Utah State had them whipped at home?

not really sure what is going to happen in the big 12. all I know is not having NU in the conference is a joy. except the self proclaimed greatest fans still take every opportunity to pop off about how great they are and prove themselves to be the true suckers of D1 football.....

that being said, I question theactions of Beebee....Texas is not going to get into the pac 12...they will not allow the longhorn network. OU has it made in the big 12. obvious easy path to a national title shot.
I think it is all posturing to get the conference up to 12 teams. NU had an easier shot at a title in the big 12...but the lack of beating ou or texas....even a 5 win texas , proved to be too much, so they left.

seriously, a 4 super conference idea is stupid. the cash whores are KILLING what I consider to be one of the few things worth living for....NCAA football. I love my Cats. I loved them in the 70's and 80's when we were a breath away from dropping football. I loved them when they went to #1 in the polls, and loved them after the most gut wrenching loss in history ( aTm in 98 that took us out of a national title) so no matter what happens, where we go, I will be fine....you just sit there each saturday with your big red hat and your corn cob in your ass and don't worry about me.....

Sandhusker said:
I think the Mocs are in the same conf. as Auburn's homecoming opponent, Samford.

Were you one of those people who left the Auburn game early yesterday when Utah State had them whipped at home?

No, I was one of those people who stayed to the end to watch AU win. Just like the Huskers vs. South Dakota State in 2010.

It was a very entertaining game. I might add. Much better than those 50-0 blowouts where many leave at halftime.

Besides, you were the one that called K-State's opponent a Junior College, not me. :lol:

Mike said:
Sandhusker said:

No, I was one of those people who stayed to the end to watch AU win. Just like the Huskers vs. South Dakota State in 2010.

It was a very entertaining game. I might add. Much better than those 50-0 blowouts where many leave at halftime.

Besides, you were the one that called K-State's opponent a Junior College, not me. :lol:

A big difference in the NU/SDSU game compared to AU/Utah St - Nebraska never trailed.....

"Self proclaimed greatest fans", Jiggsy? You didn't read what I posted about what the Moc's head coach said? Here, for your education, " The fans were class all the way". I can post more examples from other coaches, too.

Sandhusker said:
Mike said:
Sandhusker said:

A big difference in the NU/SDSU game compared to AU/Utah St - Nebraska never trailed.....

So? Don't they tally the points at the end and the one with the most wins? :lol:

Generally, unless you're playing Texas and the BCS has plans. Then, the tally isn't changed, just the end of the game.

Sure will be fun to watch and see what unfolds with the big 12. Everybody says nebraska had to leave because we couldnt win against texas and that we are just whiners. Blah blah. When will the reality set in? Sure is nice to be sitting back not worrying about who is leaving next, where will we end up. In kstates situation, What conference would want us???? Nobody knows, guess it ought to be an interesting topic for awhile. You know somethings up though, when a billionare, T. Boone Pickens, comes out and says he dont think the big 12 is going to last, and that we need to look at our options, but at the end of his interview he did say we dont need to make a decision this weekend. So when will the reality set in and everyone realize that Nebraska left for greener grass and to get out the mess. Hell even the damn buffalo were smart enough to find better grazing!

Jiggsy has just been drinking that Mildcat Haterade for so long that he can't see the forest for the trees anymore. :wink:

With A&M pulling out, you can put a fork in the Bevo 12, it's done. They can add SMU or other second class schools that desperately need the financial crumbs that Texass deigns to give them, but once they finally realize that the money is only going one way, it'll be too late.

It's kinda funny that when the smoke all clears, Nebraska & Colorado will look like prophets, sages, & soothsayers.....being able to see in the future and KNOW what's coming down the road, while the crumbs of the Bevo 12 are stuck with Miss Cleo for their fortunes. I'll trust in Dr. Tom and Dr. Harvey to keep the ship on course for us.

It's too bad that Haters like Jiggsy will see their conference in ruins before admitting that Nebraska & Colorado were right in departing while the getting was good.

If you look past the smoke and mirrors, there is actually less money in the super conferences. I'm not a Mark Cuban fan, but I imagine the guy knows a lot more about the finance side of things than most of the opinionated monkeys that write about this. And he is saying that they will actually loose money.

I think some of this stuff may be a way of putting Texas and ESPN in check with their ways of side stepping agreements made by the Big 12. As you know last year every one was gone until the last minute agreement.

Logistically, I understand that recruiting will assisted by coverage in new markets. But I don't understand why any school wants to travel 1,000 miles to compete. It is not just football and basketball- but track, soccer, softball, baseball, underwater basket weaving, etc..

Mark Cuban: Big 12 could be better off without Texas A&M

If and when Texas A&M officially bolts for the SEC , many expect it to spell the end for the Big 12. The conference would have lost a quarter of its members in an 18-month span, and the Aggies' departure could spur top dogs Texas and Oklahoma to join the Pac-12, creating the first super conference in college football.

But Mavericks owner Mark Cuban wrote a blog post Sunday that encouraged the Horns and Sooners to avoid the temptation to go west, saying that a nine-team Big 12 conference would not only survive -- it could thrive. The biggest reason?

Money.

"The big college TV networks -- Fox, ESPN, CBS -- pay for quality, not quantity," Cuban wrote. "They need marquee match-ups that are 'Must Tweet TV.' The number of schools in a conference actually reduce the parity and quality of match-ups in a conference. The networks will not pay up for that."

Cuban also dismissed the notion that the Big 12 would hemorrhage cash if it doesn't find a replacement for A&M. He pointed to the conference's TV contract with ABC/ESPN, which will expire after the 2015-16 season, saying that Big 12 schools could actually see an increase in revenue when the conference negotiates a new deal.

"They will get just as much money and if they play their cards right, they could get even more," he wrote. "On a per-school basis, it could be much, much more."

Cuban said the creation of several super conferences would amount to a "huge mistake" by diluting regional rivalries, lowering conference revenue and forcing certain games into odd time slots or off TV entirely.

Whether members of the Big 12 will heed his advice is unclear, but one thing is certain: When it comes to making money, few know more than Mark Cuban.

The only way a slimmed down Big 12 could work is if Dan Beebe resigned, the offices were moved outside of the state of Texas, and Texas finally learned how to share with others and kept their word. Renegging can NOT be an option. If it was run impartially and fairly (something UT knows nothing about), it might have a chance.

OK, Jigs...here's your chance to snort and blow how K State has Texas' number and all the Huskers are is crybabies. Have at..... :wink:

well loomix, ....since you pointed out the obvious, I don't have to..... :wink:

the super conference is stupid. there are a lot of law suits ready to be filed if the big 12 folds. ESPN is totally wrong to pursue the longhorn network. they are the true evil.
Loomix is right. move everything OUT of Texas. put the round ball back in KC, rotate the title game, Dan Beebee should be casterated, and let go....make every school sign a mulit year agreement with a clause that if they bolt, there is a 1 million dollar penalty, PLUS the remaining schools get half the bowl game revenue for 5 years after they leave...invite Nebraska back...the big 12 just ain't as fun with out a villain ...

A million dollar penalty is nowhere near enough. Minimum of 25 million if they were to bolt. THAT should get their attention and keep them somewhat honest.

yep, I meant a 100 million...

why, after the NU / CU departure, did everyone else sit down, and say"ok, lets do this" and now some want out??? if everyone said we can do it, then they crawfish....

the whole deal is bullsh!t

the big 6 goes back 100 years. tradition? honor? forget it, it is all about the $$$$$

and I realize KSU is not in a very good spot, we will be hoping for a half assed spot in the realignment, but I think they are KILLING the one thing that makes NCAA football great, the local rivalries

If college football were my sons, I'd beat the s h i t out of them, take away all their toys and sit them in the corner where I could go beat them again every now and then.

Osborne warned the other schools in the Big 12 about what would happen for years and years but they kept siding with Texas. We tried, Jiggsy, it's the rest of you who are responsible for end of the tradition, etc.... You made your bed, now sleep in it.

It's been a cash grab from the get-go. NU and CU can say what they want, but that's what it was...

Which makes it interesting to see how the IRS will view all of this. I bet that within 10 years college sports will lose the tax exempt status and then get to watch 35% of those revenues that they're all coveting right now walk out the door.

Nebraska is not this innocent little darling that you think it is, they are just as money hungry as the texas longhorns. they left for cash. plain and simple. blow that AAu bs out the window...it is ALL about the $$$$ and I think the NCAA will lose the football after this super conference stuff gets started. it will be like triple A baseball. the players will be paid, just like a farm team. the joy of college football as we know it is DEAD.

Latest posts