• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Question for the Ranchers

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Stance on High Fence Hunting

• Against High Fence Hunting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Like High Fence Hunting but can tolerate it

• For High Fence Hunting

• Total voters
Mike said:
jigs said:
katrina said:
I vote NO.......... It's chickenshit hunting.........

I have never hunted chickenshits, guess those are native to Nebraska? :twisted: :p

May be that Huskers are the only ones to know how to dress them? :shock:

They migrate from South of us. You can try to dress them out, but you just get purple hands.

I should have posted this right away. It only effects deer and elk, not bison.

SECTION 1. A new section to chapter 36-01 of the North Dakota Century Code is created and enacted as follows:

Fee killing of certain captive game animals prohibited (the wording of the ballot title may be changed by the Secretary of State)
– Penalty – Exception. A person is guilty of a class A misdemeanor if the person obtains fees or other remuneration from another person for the killing or attempted killing of privately-owned big game species or exotic mammals confined in or released from any man-made enclosure designed to prevent escape. This section does not apply to the actions of a government employee or agent to control an animal population, to prevent or control diseases, or when government action is otherwise required or authorized by law.

Thank you all for your input!

I do not condone that type of hunting, but I am not going to beat the drum about how wrong it is. I am a professional hunter and pilot in Alaska for half the year, We have alot of clients who have done it, some say it is a joke some say it was run O.K. hunting leases wheather you like it or not are here to stay, It is big bussiness for land owners/ranchers/farmers. We have a client from the great state of Texas that said on there ranch they have cattle, farming, and oil, but the highest profit margin is in the hunting leases, The name of that ranch is the king ranch. I have never been there but I hear it is the biggest in the country? Shawn

I get a kick out of what many call hunting. High fences......even if it is 10k acres, is BS........watch some of the so called "hunting shows" on the outdoor channel....listen close, many times you can hear the feeder spreading its bait...its not hunting.

Many of the disease we deal with today is because of the high fences/domesticated elk/deer etc.

I have no problem with farmers and ranchers making a buck or 2 from hunting. everyone has to do what they need to make a living....Its also unbelievable to me the ranch in tx says the profit margin is greater than the $70 a barrel oil they are pumping. what i dont like is those who have their pay to hunt, get their few clients a year, then complain to the game departments they have too many animals....thats BULLSH!T

what i dont like is those who have their pay to hunt, get their few clients a year, then complain to the game departments they have too many animals....thats BULLSH!T

They have helped that a bunch in western SD lately due to all tags being 2 tags(one or both will be antlerless) and after the season all unfilled buck tags go to doe tags for another week or so.

After a week it appears that the majority on this site would probably vote against high fence hunting. On the ND site it was a 72% against high fence. I am kind of surprised as I had thought by the people I talked to there would be more people who felt it was a property rights thing, and a market for their animals.
Thanks to all who voiced their opinion!!

Game farming was a big property rights battle in Montana years back--but the danger of bringing in or allowing diseased animals (TB, CWD, etc.) to escape in the wild carried the day--and Game farms were banned...

I had just as soon shoot a cow, out in the pasture as to hunt in a high fence situation, but that has nothing to do with what the real question is here! Every time the government gets into the "land use" or "land owners rights" we lose! Why do we, as a people, tend to neglect everything that we are not concerned with? Most of use do not "high fence hunt" nor do we make our living that way , so we just ignore the fact that if Government can regulate that, it can also regulate what else we can raise and how we can market what we raise!
We give up our freedom in the name of "fighting terrorist". How hard do you think it will be to get "that freedom back" from the government since it has been given up? Wire taps, US mail , Association records, all those things are given up, but will not be given back most likely! Why give up anything to the government that can be used against us down the road! Lets Keep what freedom we do have!
Ross

Latest posts