• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

R-CALF Convention in January

Help Support Ranchers.net:

~SH~ said:
No, I'm not going. I think I have to watch clouds that day.

~SH~

I'll talk to Bill and see what our entertainment budget is. I'm sure at the least, we could pick up your gas and lodging.

Sandcheska: "I'll talk to Bill and see what our entertainment budget is. I'm sure at the least, we could pick up your gas and lodging."

I wouldn't cross the street to listen to Bill Bullard. Why don't you invite him here so he can tell us the difference between the bse precuationary measures in Canada and the bse precautionary measures in the US to justify R-CULT's hypocritical position between Canada and the US regarding bse?

Nah, he'll stay where he can make unchallenged statements.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Sandcheska: "I'll talk to Bill and see what our entertainment budget is. I'm sure at the least, we could pick up your gas and lodging."

I wouldn't cross the street to listen to Bill Bullard. Why don't you invite him here so he can tell us the difference between the bse precuationary measures in Canada and the bse precautionary measures in the US to justify R-CULT's hypocritical position between Canada and the US regarding bse?

~SH~

Precautionary measures on paper don't mean squat if you don't follow thru and actually do what you said you were going to. Post-ban cases born 5 years after the ban SHOULD tell you something about plans vs reality. But then, you're obviously not the sharped knife in the drawer.

Little Sandcheska: "Precautionary measures on paper don't mean squat if you don't follow thru and actually do what you said you were going to. Post-ban cases born 5 years after the ban SHOULD tell you something about plans vs reality."

So you are saying Japan should disregard our bse precautionary measures and ban imports from the US because we had bse in our native herd?

What's wrong little Sandcheska? R-CULT wanting to write seperate rules for seperate situations again. Damn hypocrites!

Little Sandcheska: "But then, you're obviously not the sharped knife in the drawer."

Yeh, that would explain your relentless pursuit of trying to peg something on me wouldn't it? Talk is so cheap from the blamer's camp.

~SH~

SH, "So you are saying Japan should disregard our bse precautionary measures and ban imports from the US because we had bse in our native herd?"

I think that Japan, or anybody else, can do whatever they want. They're the ones writing the check. I believe that successful businesses are built on giving customers what they want at a price agreeable to them.

~SH~ said:

~SH~

I think you missed the point. You might be invited to BE the entertainment, not to be entertained. And certainly not to be educated. (See if he misses the point on that comment)

Sandhusker, I don't mean to drive you away from attending but I would point out that a likely speaker will be Secretary Johanns.

And get this, HE asked to come to speak. He is to be a luncheon speaker. (It may have to be a light lunch).

ocm said:
Sandhusker, I don't mean to drive you away from attending but I would point out that a likely speaker will be Secretary Johanns.

And get this, HE asked to come to speak. He is to be a luncheon speaker. (It may have to be a light lunch).

You must be one of those lying blamers SH is obsessed with. His sources told him that, "R-CALF has no credibility in Washington D.C. "

Johanns being the Secretary of Agriculture has given me more insight in how things work in Washington. Even thought he's a crappy secretary, he was a good governor. What I've gleaned is that the secretary really isn't calling many shots - he/she's following orders from the company. I mentioned to my congressman that I thought Johanns would clean up the mess left by the former secretary and he told me, "Mike's problem is that the same people that were below her are still there and the same people that were above her are still there."

Sandhusker said:
ocm said:

You must be one of those lying blamers SH is obsessed with. His sources told him that, "R-CALF has no credibility in Washington D.C. "

Johanns being the Secretary of Agriculture has given me more insight in how things work in Washington. Even thought he's a crappy secretary, he was a good governor. What I've gleaned is that the secretary really isn't calling many shots - he/she's following orders from the company. I mentioned to my congressman that I thought Johanns would clean up the mess left by the former secretary and he told me, "Mike's problem is that the same people that were below her are still there and the same people that were above her are still there."

~SH~'s sources are all equally credible. :roll:

I've been told the same thing about DC as you have. Got it straight from my senator. Get this, Bill Hawks is on contract to R-CALF. And he used to be an undersecretary to Veneman. I'm still not sure how much I can trust him, but it gets better all the time. His track record for R-CALF is pretty good. He has influenced a lot of DC people in R-CALF's favor.

We're getting there, I'm confident of that. It just takes time, perseverance, and a good sense of humor to deal with the idiots who "critique" from the sidelines. We also have to understand the old guard doesn't like being passed up by the new kid in town.

Sandhusker said:
~SH~ said:

~SH~

Precautionary measures on paper don't mean squat if you don't follow thru and actually do what you said you were going to. Post-ban cases born 5 years after the ban SHOULD tell you something about plans vs reality. But then, you're obviously not the sharped knife in the drawer.

Reality is Sandhusker that R-CALF claimed our beef was tainted and unsafe for human consumption due to our precautionary measures which were stronger than those the US practice, long before we found any post feed ban cattle and those claims changed the minute the US found Pre feed ban positive animals of your own. Then it was "well we have had these firewalls in place for years to protect you" And the "US has the safest beef in the world due to our world high standards". :roll:

Please Sandhusker tell us what firewalls that the US was maintaining that Canada wasn't. If you think it was your feed ban and compliance to it, I'll have to remind of a few things.
One R-CALF is demanding loopholes in the US feed ban be closed so imported BSE can not spread so what is stopping NATIVE BSE FROM BEING SPREAD? :wink:
And another the US feed recall that involved 27 MILLION pounds of contaminated cattle feed from about 8 states just this year. Not to forget the repeated violations of the feed ban by more than a few US feed mills over the last 8 years. One you might remember was a Washington State plant and a few others were in TEXAS . :shock: So come on Sandhusker tell us what precautionary measure you actually practice in the US that we don't, that makes your beef some much safer? :?

I'm not going to comment on your deliberate misinterpretations, Tam. Play your game with somebody else.

Sandhusker said:
I'm not going to comment on your deliberate misinterpretations, Tam. Play your game with somebody else.
That's a total BS comment Sandhusker and a cop out. Tell us all what Tam's deliberate misinterpretations are. Tell us how superior the US has been on maintaining it's BSE firewalls, especially when it comes to contaminated feed.

A 27 million pound recall this year affecting how many head of American cattle? In Canada not only has the feed been recalled but the movement of animals who have consumed it will be regulated with the aid of its mandatory ID system which the US doesn't have and claims not to need.

We all know that the only thing the US has done better than Canada since May 2003 and probably much longer is hide BSE.

Phyllis Fong showed us that.

Bill, "That's a total BS comment Sandhusker and a cop out. Tell us all what Tam's deliberate misinterpretations are."

Leo wasn't saying we HAD the best system, he was saying we should GET the best system. Our female version of SH doesn't realize Leo has been consistant with this message.

OCM: "You might be invited to BE the entertainment, not to be entertained. And certainly not to be educated."

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Cheap talk from another R-CULT follower.

Sandcheska: "I think that Japan, or anybody else, can do whatever they want. They're the ones writing the check. I believe that successful businesses are built on giving customers what they want at a price agreeable to them."

Hahaha! But the US has to abide by outdated rules that you think should apply today without any consideration to the bse precautionary measures in effect? You are such a damn hypocrite.

We are giving the customers what they want and what they want is not 100% bse testing.

~SH~

SH, "Hahaha! But the US has to abide by outdated rules that you think should apply today without any consideration to the bse precautionary measures in effect? You are such a damn hypocrite."

How can rules that were based on knowledge be outdated when that same knowledge is still current?

SH, "We are giving the customers what they want and what they want is not 100% bse testing."

Some folks want BSE testing. What is it to you if I want to meet their need? How are you being injured?

Latest posts