• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

R-calfers say it ain't so!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

OT: "Well Bull I'm sure that there were more than just R-CALF members owning cattle in Canada- I happen to personally know NCBA members that own cattle in Canada, along with some others that I don't know what organization they belong to........"

So what if NCBA members own cattle in Canada????

NCBA isn't lying about the safety of Canadian beef then buying "supposedly" unsafe cattle. That's the problem with you R-CULTers. You can justify anything for a $1.

For Leo to defend this hypocrisy speaks to the type of person he really is.

"but, but, but I see nothing wrong with saying Canadian beef is unsafe to stop Canadian imports then buying "supposedly" unsafe Canadian cattle at a low price anticipating that the price will be higher when the Canadian border opens."

EITHER CANADIAN CATTLE ARE SAFE OR THEIR NOT OT????

NCBA didn't lie about the safety of Canadian beef!

Pull your head out and face the hypocrisy!

I don't know which is worse, seeing an R-CULT hypocrite buying cattle that are "supposedly" unsafe or listening to some R-CULT "head nodder" try to defend the action.

~SH~

SH...EITHER CANADIAN CATTLE ARE SAFE OR THEIR NOT OT????

NCBA didn't lie about the safety of Canadian beef!

If NCBA thinks Canadian cattle are safe, why are they just supporting opening the border to beef and cattle 30 months and younger? And only after we get our markets back with Japan, Korea, and Mexico.

Your words Scott...EITHER CANADIAN CATTLE ARE SAFE OR THEIR NOT OT????

If they are safe why is the USDA and NCBA just wanting cattle and beef from 30 months and younger? Why not all ages of cattle and beef? Either they are all safe or when they reach 30 months they are not safe.

Tommy,

Why did you divert the issue???

The issue here is R-CULTers buying Canadian cattle that are "supposedly" unsafe. What's wrong?

Does the truth make you uncomfortable so you want to divert to something else??

~SH~

SH...Does the truth make you uncomfortable so you want to divert to something else??
From someone who diverts many a post about almost anything to a string of opinions and complaints about R-CALF. Want me to post a few of them for you Scott?

Not uncomfortable at all Scott. Though those questions I asked of you must have made you that way. You dodged them.

Tommy: "From someone who diverts many a post about almost anything to a string of opinions and complaints about R-CALF. Want me to post a few of them for you Scott?"

Knock yourself out!

Tommy, you diverted from the original topic of the hypocrisy of R-CALF supporters buying "supposedly" unsafe Canadian cattle.

That's ok, I understand why you want to take the focus off R-CALF and turn it towards NCBA. LOL! I would expect nothing less.

T: "If NCBA thinks Canadian cattle are safe, why are they just supporting opening the border to beef and cattle 30 months and younger? And only after we get our markets back with Japan, Korea, and Mexico."

First you have to differentiate between UTM and OTM cattle Tommy and not make a broad based statement about Canadian cattle in general.

I don't remember anyone suggesting that NCBA, as an organization, feels that all Canadian cattle are safe without knowing exactly how SRM removal is being conducted on Canadian OTM cattle.

Few cattle under 30 months of age have revealed detectable prions in SRM's and no cattle under 20 months of age that I am aware of.

To be honest, as long as SRM's are removed, I believe OTM beef is just as safe and I believe AMI is right in their position from a science based standpoint.

NCBA is playing it safe by their stance on OTM cattle until all questions concerning SRM removal on OTM cattle have been addressed.

I think the science is there to suggest that SRM removal of OTM cattle will assure the safety of that beef as well but I don't have any heartburn over playing it safe with OTM cattle for awhile. My heartburn comes from R-CULT lying about the safety of Canadian UTM cattle.

NCBA certainly hasn't lied about the safety of Canadian UTM cattle like your beloved R-CULT has.

For the record, I disagree with NCBA's stance on getting our markets back from Japan, South Korea, and Mexico as a condition of opening our border to Canada. I don't support that position at all and I voiced my opposition on that very issue.

I think NCBA painted themselves into a corner with that position. I agree with the notion that the Administration should take every opportunity to open these markets simultaneously but NCBA has painted themselves into a corner if South Korea or Japan place us in the position of putting our money where our mouth is by having to open the Canadian border first.

Bad move by NCBA but far better than the lies of R-CULT!

See, it's really not that difficult to think for yourself Tommy!

Now why don't you show some integrity and tell me your views on these same questions.

~SH~

Latest posts