• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Radiator Genie

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
I saw the Radiator Genie advertised on the Rancher's home page on my way to check the weather. I ordered a set and sure like them. I use the air one the most but have used the water one on the garden hose. Slick Very Happy Very Happy

http://www.radiatorgenie.com/

last week tested my radiator cleaning skills, those tools look like they would do the trick. I'm a sucker for new simple tools,especialy when they come with such a high endorsment :wink: will be ordering tomorrow.

It seems like if you keep after the rad with the air wand every time seems to get more out. I think the water is the last resort as if it doesn't get the dirt out it just makes mud that is harder to clean.

That heat was a challenge. :shock:

Or sometimes the water will soak stuff loose that set in a few tight places as we found out here this spring. One tractor still seemed to be running uncharacteristically hot after repeatedly blowing the rad out with air.

So we did the big no-no and took the high pressure washer to it with the softest spray tip in it. It blew a bunch more crap out - and yes - made mud!

Then after a while we put the air gun to it and blew a while bunch more mud out. Ran the tractor for a while to heat up the rad and put more air to it and got a bunch more stuff out. Now it runs cool again.

as much as i like my 4020's, their radiator accessability is the worst of any tractor's in that era. the enigineer's were....... really putting a fuel tank and a huge air filter cannister 2 inches in front of the rad. i usually end up pulling the fan and shroud and going at it from the back side :x

Big Muddy rancher said:
I saw the Radiator Genie advertised on the Rancher's home page on my way to check the weather. I ordered a set and sure like them. I use the air one the most but have used the water one on the garden hose. Slick Very Happy Very Happy

when the shipping/handling cost's are the same as the price,i guess they can stay in Oklahoma :? :???: :!:

bought a power whasher at NAPA , air didn't work on the JD tractor or just water from a hose,After a good clean with the power washer no more over heating problems.

hayguy said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

when the shipping/handling cost's are the same as the price,i guess they can stay in Oklahoma :? :???: :!:

I wondered about that. I got mine sent to my US address that we use for parcels and it was only half the cost. :?

If you were coming down for a visit we could get a set shipped up. :D

i hear you about the safe bit, the closer you get to the 1.2 million of my closest neighbors, the worse the driver's. but seriously, we should get together for a coffee on one of your trip's , it's only another 4miles or so to strathmore from hwy 21, if thats where you turn

hayguy said:
i hear you about the safe bit, the closer you get to the 1.2 million of my closest neighbors, the worse the driver's. but seriously, we should get together for a coffee on one of your trip's , it's only another 4miles or so to strathmore from hwy 21, if thats where you turn

We will have to try for that sometime. Maybe this fall it will happen. :D

if you fly in and are then headed north we could meet in airdrie :D

i will travel to all the small centres around calgary, but try real hard not to go in :lol:

Big Muddy rancher said:
hayguy said:

We will have to try for that sometime. Maybe this fall it will happen. :D

Or if you get lost a bit you could just drop around here for coffee - heck I'd even give you breakfast, lunch, supper - whatever!

Latest posts