• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Rain out

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jinglebob

Reaction score
Just come in from putting my horses away after the neighbors wife called to tell me they rained out and they wouldn't be branding today. Man, what a great deal! I wonder if all people are as happy about gettin' rained out as I am? We had showers yesterday and more during the night and more this morning. I just love a good rain! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We got rain yesterday and more forecasted for today. Whoo-hoo! Ended seeding for a couple of days, but we hauled away half the cattle to pasture yesterday afternoon and then had a very enjoyable evening out with good friends. And today is a roadtrip! Life is good!

We branded another bunch yesterday morning and finished in the rain. Only got a tenth, but everybody was smiling. This morning we got another 35 hundreds and it's hard to keep from laughing right out loud!

We were planning to brand tomorrow. Now I see where there is a HIGH WIND WARNING for all day tomorrow. Guess I will go find my husband and let him know. 30-45 MPH winds are predicted. That is just too much wind to brand in. We have a big barn, but he has set everything up at another spot.

This is the weekend of the Miles City Bucking Horse Sale. Those cowboys might get blown away in more ways than one. Too bad. Miles City really needed a successful event.

Today is a perfect day for branding, but we missed it...

FH- from looking at the radar tonite you may have to float those calves in-- :) looks like some areas around you got a good shot of rain....Leave it to bucking horse sale to bring rain--last year it was rain and snow-# 2 daughter is down there, but I won't worry much about her getting wet- she probably won't make it out of the Bison if any raindrops fall for an excuse...

Its about done raining here I think- have about a 1/4 inch--too bad it wasn't 2 or 3 inches so we could quit irrigating-but I guess we should just be thankful we have the irrigation water..........

# 3 daughter came home and said there is a bright glow that comes and goes from across the river--called some folks and have them checking-probably lightning hit a tree........

Yeah,gettin mighty dry roun here too.April went down as the driest on record thats not good to be that dry in a growing season month,set every thing back about 30 days.And May aint been much better,nothing like a good rain to lift a mans spirits..................well maybe tomorrow ... good luck

Our branding help all called this morning with various reports of the rain they received in the night. It lighteninged all night long! Electricity went off 4 times before I went to bed about midnight (cooking, ya know~). Anyhow, we and several others got .4. North of here 2.5 inches, (may have washed the road out), south of here .7 with some hail. So there you have it! Still calling for 25 to 40 mph winds with gusts to 50. We postponed until 1 pm. Will see what develops. We will lose some of our wrestlers to the bucking horse sale. Can't do it tomorrow afternoon because of graduation in these parts. Soon we will be forced to use the table, OR BETTER YET, Soapweed's branding gizmo!!

Faster horses said:
Our branding help all called this morning with various reports of the rain they received in the night. It lighteninged all night long! Electricity went off 4 times before I went to bed about midnight (cooking, ya know~). Anyhow, we and several others got .4. North of here 2.5 inches, (may have washed the road out), south of here .7 with some hail. So there you have it! Still calling for 25 to 40 mph winds with gusts to 50. We postponed until 1 pm. Will see what develops. We will lose some of our wrestlers to the bucking horse sale. Can't do it tomorrow afternoon because of graduation in these parts. Soon we will be forced to use the table, OR BETTER YET, Soapweed's branding gizmo!!

FH- I don't think its going to get any better today--Now have high wind warnings out for all day and tonite up here....Winds are already blowing 28 gusting to 42...I've been having the same problem scheduling things around graduation, weddings, and everything else so you can get help- Might be a 4th of July branding if things keep happening....

FH---how'd the branding go? did ya get rained out?? we had a few dandy "gully washers" yesterday that rolled through the valley, had a few cars on the road hydroplane and things are really greening up around here!! thank goodness! throws a crimp into the seeding of the wheat for a day or two til things dry out, but the next few days are suppose to be pretty nice!! hope things went well for you!!!

BRANDING~CANCELLED TIL FURTHER NOTICE!

First the wind warning and then the rain, but these folks have a lot of intestinal fortitude. They were willing to 'GET 'ER DONE.' The mud changed the day, however, and I can't say that I am sorry. It is a beautiful day, or would be without the wind. Gusting to 40 mph now.

There will be a better day! And we're glad for the MUD!!

I helped move about 300 pairs today. The wind blew just a tad. A tad under 50 mph! :lol:

Cattle moved better than ever tho' so it wasn't all bad.

My Army son gave me a beret and I kind'a wished I'd of worn it today. Be better than a tight fittin' hat! Should have worn my new Weather Hat Company hat and it would have been a better day. Oh well, any day horseback beats the hell out of whatever comes in second place! :lol:

I went ahead and moved some cows today since the wind was to my back... What a wind :roll: Weather boys say it was gusting to 63 at times-- I know it was over 40 most of the time.......

We definitely need some of the rain that FH and rancher are getting-- when I was moving cows, I looked north and it looked like thunder clouds from all the dirt moving on some of the grainfields.....

HAY MAKER said:
Yeah,gettin mighty dry roun here too.April went down as the driest on record thats not good to be that dry in a growing season month,set every thing back about 30 days.And May aint been much better,nothing like a good rain to lift a mans spirits..................well maybe tomorrow ... good luck

Haymaker,

I hope you get some moisture soon. It has really hurt us up here with no rain in the past 7-9 years. We are getting moisture now, would love to send some down there...We don't see eye-to-eye politically but we are all in the same boat. Think about that one.

Had another branding rain out today! :lol:

It was down on the Belle River and you don't want to get into there when it rains much. I love it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts