• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Rain, Rain, and More Rain!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ranchy

Reaction score
Since last Thursday night, we've had over 3" of rain here.......things are greening up great, and every morning, we wake up to fog everywhere. And the frogs at night.........all that rain musta hatched em out, cause they're like loud!!!!!!!!!

Here are a few pics I've taken...........

A few of the cows, moseying along.......Tillie's mama, Blondie, is one of the yeller ones.

Image-486.jpg

The fog across the road this morning

Image-489.jpg

Al's 4-H sow, Rosie..................her piglets are somewhere in there, but I can't see them....... :roll: .........look how green it's gotten! :D

Image-481.jpg

boy i wish youd snd some of that my way. I am located in central wyoming and it is starting to get very critical.

We had some rain today. Up to 4 tenths at the neighbors. We didn't get that much at the house, but perhaps we did in some of the pastures.
Only got to 63 degrees too. One of the best days we have had in 2
months.

Someone around here must have run to the barn, but no one is 'fessing up!!! :wink:

Hey Marine, how big of an area are you seeing dry conditions over there? I am a few hundred miles NE of you, and it is very dry here, but we have grass from our spring moisture.

Ranchy, I am sure glad for you and your area. I know you needed rain badly too. Hope it keeps up.

Heck when we get a rain, I am gonna go take a shower in it........... :shock:

It looks like we had around an inch last night. Five miles away had 6 inches. Very thankful that we didn't get the bad weather some had around us. Hope our friends to the west can get rain.

tap weare located in the antelope hills, right on the sweetwater and i didn't want to be a downer but we are very very dry. good day

Yippee to those that got rain!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

We didn't, but I'm glad that folks semi-near to us did (FH and feeder!!!) Feeder, glad you got some...Lazy Ace said it looked like you all were getting walloped. Tap did you get any rain? I thought by looking at the radar you might. But I've also learned the radar can be deceiving too.

Feeder, do you know if they got any east of Sioux City??? We have friends who are fellow Red Angus breeders out that way, and they've been up to see us in the past couple of weeks, and say how bad it is. I thinky they've had less than an inch of rain since the end of May.

Cheers to rain...

TTB :wink:

PS Ranchy...keep sending your moisture north when you're done with it, my folks north of Farmington appreciate it!!!

TTB, I don't know how far east of Sioux City it went but north east of Sioux City got hit hard. A church was destroyed and other stuff damage. I did hear some crops were destroyed north and a little east of Sioux City but I only heard it from one source(my mother). It still is raining NE of Sioux City today. The storms are following each other in the same path. It will be interesting to hear their final rain amount.

Hi, everyone! :D

Glad that some of ya'll are gettin some rain, too........as for us, it just keeps coming and coming. Since last Thursday night, we've totalled 3.25" here at the house, other places look like they've gotten more. From everything we've heard, we're supposed to get rain every day, through next Thursday. We'll take all we can get, and keep passing it along to the rest of ya'll, if possible. Today is the first day it hasn't started raining by about 10:00.....and I just may get my washing dry before it starts......:D

The down side to all the rain, is all the flies that come with it.......there are tons, and we have fly strips hanging everywhere! You almost can't get around, without tangling up in one or two..... :lol: And it's been so long since I had to wear my rubber boots to do chores, that they're completely falling apart......guess I'll have to invest in a new pair......aw........ :? :lol: poor, poor, pitiful me........... :twisted:

Here's hoping and praying that those of ya who are still in need of rain, get some real soon!

:cboy:

Tap did you get any rain? I thought by looking at the radar you might. But I've also learned the radar can be deceiving too.

TTB, no decent rain here. Just real light showers, and I mean LIGHT. :shock: :) We did have dew this AM though. Does that count for moisture in a drought? lol.

I am more than a little envious but am glad to hear someone is getting some rain. I know our turn will come.

Well I made it rain in GA.

We started the foundation of my new addition....that'll do'er every time!!!

Sometimes you wish to hard it seems :shock: Last Wed. night and Thur. afternoon I got 11 1/4 inches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sure wish that we could have shared with several of you guy's. 60 miles east at my mothers place they got 8/10's. We were dry but ended July with 14 1/4 inches of rain. For land that is as flat as a tabletop it was a bit of a mess. :roll:

Just go back from a week up on lake Michigan and while we where there a kilelr line of stoms we through 1.5 inchs in 55 minutes in some areas (And it rained for 3 hours) and something like 1700 cloud to ground lighning strikes in the area.. It was nuts watching it come across the lake and the flooding outside...

Got back here and checked the rain gauge because everything looked so GREEEEEN. well, had 1.3 inches in the gauge and that leaves us at something like 5 inches in the past 4 weeks and has really pulled us up and left the grass in good shape. Hope it stays that way into September so we can get some good fall grazing. Need to see if the guy who worked for me emptied the gauge because thee is lots of standing water around here.... I mean tons, haven't seen it like this in years.

I sure wish you could send it north from Ill...Sure is dry here...We got a couple days relief from the heat- temps were just in the 80's- but they are predicting back around the 100 mark again tomorrow, when we start in combining again-- (took today off so I could take in a little of the fair and the rodeo tonite)-- I just hope no more breakdowns- not in that heat...

Water for cows is really getting to be a problem...Some hauling water- lot of folks digging out springs or pumping...Some having to move to other pastures...

Can I be cranky and say " Cry me a river." We are a tinderbox here. Down to riding my horse to check windmills and hoping my horse's hooves don't flick a spark... :roll: :roll: :roll: Not really on the spark thingy...

Dang! Sounds like you guys up there ^ are in a world of hurt! Wish I could blow some of this we've been getting drenched with, your way......I love the rain, but if it don't quit, the grass that's got a good start, is gonna drown! :shock:

Hit a bad storm yesterday afternoon, going down to BIL's to weigh Al's 4-H pigs........in about 20 seconds, the road was flooding, bar ditches over-running, and when we tried to turn around on a side road, nearly got stuck! :shock: At least the little girls got a good shower, though..... :lol:

Took Al to Palomas, Chih. on Sat, he got his top braces off, only one more trip down there for him now. Between Deming and Columbus, NM, it was still flooding from the rains they got on Thursday. Water was running across the highway in 3 places.....along there, you could see the top wire of the fence sometimes, sometimes just the top of the posts, and in a couple of places, not even the post tops! :shock: Fortunately, there's not much drop there, so it wasn't washing things out, like it would be up here, but there was sure enough a bunch of water! :nod:

Latest posts