• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Rain, Rain, and More Rain!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

All this extra rain the south and the east are getting, is what should have been the rain for the center of the country. In other words, Ours...hantas and sw's...Katrinas...Jinglebobs...Soapweeds...Big Muddy Ranchers...kates...Haymakers...Jersey Lilly's...did I miss anyone?????

Oh, yes, ranchy reminded me...of course, TAP!

And Turkey Track Bar and Lazy Ace.

Ranchy said:
Can only think of one ya missed--Tap....... :wink:

Wish we could share with you guys........:nod:

Thanks Ranchy for offering to share. However, I do believe you guys deserve it as your drought was LONG, and very bad. Your time was due. Just as ours will be too.

One of my favorite sayings is, "It will rain.....someday" and that is very true!

I'd actually say you're in a more normal than usual weather pattern right now, as the "monsoon" really blesses the Southwest and Colorado and Utah with heavy thunderstorms this time of year.

Glad to hear you're getting rain! Enjoy it, and all the "tanks" or "ponds" it fills!

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

I guess we had an inch and a third also while I was gone and another alf this morning... Strange, this is usually by far the driest part of the year... I am not complaining and I hope it can hold on like this for another month or so for the fall grorth period.. I have to ask the guy down the street who is digging right now how deep the water penetration is now. For much of the earlier year once you got down past the first foot, even after our wet April, there was zero moisture as it had all been sucked up. In the past the water table was so hight that when they put in fence posts they would have to anchor them down or they would "float" out of their holes with every big rain..

The windmills around here had to pull water up from 5 feet, lol, than they replaced those with sandpoints but now it is all well water..

Good luck to those to the west of us.. Can't imagine what these almost decade long droughts are like.

Things were beginning to dry out enough that you could get from the house to the barn without sinking up to your ankles...........and then we got another half inch of rain yesterday. It's thundering already today, too, so may be in for another dousing........

Oh well, this is what we prayed for all year....better enjoy it. :nod:

Had about 60 cows to A'I this A'M and with 7 or * left we just got dumped on probably an inch in half an hour-guess I'll go back out and finish after I dry out a bit. Kind of scary working in a steel chute during a lightning storm. I had three cows killed just outside the A'I pen a few years back so I'm kind of chicken.

Latest posts