• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Rain

Help Support Ranchers.net:

100_0280.jpg

My fencing partner yesterday- Granddaughter Pidge...

Went fence patching yesterday- rain gauge showed .4 from Sunday nights thunderstorms...Shortly after noon another thunderstorm came up- and since I don't like working with fencelines when its lightning and thundering we were thru for the day...
Between the afternoon and overnite thunderstorms we picked up another .7--for a total of 1.1" for the last two days...

You guys that are so dry,you really need to start taking your share of rain!! We have no room anymore,wells are 2 feet from ground surface,basements are flooding,crops are flooded out.We had another 2.4 inchs during the week,and its raining hard again today and were suppose to get another 1/2 inch today :mad: !!!

Just to offer a little encouragement, We did get a good rain here last night, 1.37". Lots of thunder and lightening, a few large hailstones at first but not many. just enough to make noise on the roof. Cloudy and still this morning.

I heard over 3 inches here last night I don't know for sure but its wet. I've got standing water in the sand.

3words said:
You guys that are so dry,you really need to start taking your share of rain!! We have no room anymore,wells are 2 feet from ground surface,basements are flooding,crops are flooded out.We had another 2.4 inchs during the week,and its raining hard again today and were suppose to get another 1/2 inch today :mad: !!!

3words- I know where you are coming from...We haven't finished branding yet mainly because of rainouts...One of the reasons we haven't is that there is an underpass under the state highway I have to trail the cows in the east pasture thru- and it has 3 feet deep of water in it...The State Highwayman just called me and said that he pumped it out yesterday- and today its plumb full again...Apparently the water table is so high- its filling like a spring- and with rain every day he can't get down there to haul in some gravel..

We picked up a couple of tenths more again last night....

We've accumulated 4" of timely rain since the snow left and are in fine shape. Another inch a week with some hot sun in between would be icing on the cake and then it could with wait til after the hay is up to give us a little more. That's not asking too much is it? :shock: :p

We had about .60 early Wednesday morning. Much needed and really brightened up the grass. Dams are getting low and we need a good deep soaking rain, but some with wheat in the area probably don't need it right now, either.

It did change plans from trying to salvage some prairie and sweet clover hay to moving some cows. Has been hard to decide whether to leave them in spring pastures a little longer, or move to summer pasture, as neither looks very good. Seems like early heat and late frost was pretty hard on native pastures as well as the alfalfa hay fields.

mrj

Oldtimer said:
3words said:

3words- I know where you are coming from...We haven't finished branding yet mainly because of rainouts...One of the reasons we haven't is that there is an underpass under the state highway I have to trail the cows in the east pasture thru- and it has 3 feet deep of water in it...The State Highwayman just called me and said that he pumped it out yesterday- and today its plumb full again...Apparently the water table is so high- its filling like a spring- and with rain every day he can't get down there to haul in some gravel..

We picked up a couple of tenths more again last night....

Were like that also if we don't get a 1/4 inch of rain everyday,then look out the day after because who knows how much it will be,so far day after amounts have been from 3/4 inch to just over 3 inchs,just depends on mother natures mood that day!! I have given up on branding,but i still need to bring the cows into the corral and sort them once more,and get the pairs for another pasture,pretty hard though when the corrals are nothing but mud and puddles.

Latest posts