• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

ranch for sale

Help Support Ranchers.net:

If ya'll would quit being so tight with your money and finace it, i will gladly run the ranch for you! :D I have been down in that country and the Henry Mountains are amazing as is Boulder. God's country in my opinion, and a close second to the west desert! :D

leanin' H said:
If ya'll would quit being so tight with your money and finace it, i will gladly run the ranch for you! :D I have been down in that country and the Henry Mountains are amazing as is Boulder. God's country in my opinion, and a close second to the west desert! :D

wonder if this is part of 790 section place my uncle took my dad down to look at in the 70s

I actually looked at this ranch a couple months ago. Nice place the problem is an oil company owns it and have turned it inro a show place for their big shots. I cant justify all the up keep that a guy would have to do just to keep it lookin half way respectivefull

If I only had a few million laying around...

Hey H, if someone buys it for you to run, can I come work for you? :D Wouldn't need much in they way of pay. Having a place like that to play on would be payment enough!

cure said:
I actually looked at this ranch a couple months ago. Nice place the problem is an oil company owns it and have turned it inro a show place for their big shots. I cant justify all the up keep that a guy would have to do just to keep it lookin half way respectivefull

that 790 section place Dad looked at the north end was up by Green River Utah, had a house and barn. Dad said it was made aof a couple places one still had a cabin made of railroad ties, make my eyes water and lung hurt to even thing about going inside of it.

That 9.5 asking price would buy about 21 quarters here, as long as it didn't have a yard site. If you bought a place with a house and yard here you would maybe sneak 20 quarters out of that kind of money. Since you could probably run about 300 cows on that you would really be in the big time. At 4% you would only need $1250+ dollars per cow per year to service the debt. Oh wait, that wouldn't include the cost of the cows...
:shock:
That Utah place looks better already!

RSL said:
That 9.5 asking price would buy about 21 quarters here, as long as it didn't have a yard site. If you bought a place with a house and yard here you would maybe sneak 20 quarters out of that kind of money. Since you could probably run about 300 cows on that you would really be in the big time. At 4% you would only need $1250+ dollars per cow per year to service the debt. Oh wait, that wouldn't include the cost of the cows...

You could buy 1/4 share in Hutterite colony around here for about 10 million but then you get free clothes with that and maybe a wife. :D :D

ANGUS327 said:
RSL said:

You could buy 1/4 share in Hutterite colony around here for about 10 million but then you get free clothes with that and maybe a wife. :D :D

I suspect my existing wife may have something to say about that..or she might want to join too!

The Sandy ranch is really dependant on moisture and stocking rates would vary greatly depending on the weather. Zilly, when i get the manager job you would be welcome to hire on as a hand! After putting up with Lazy WP, you'd find me one of your life's greatest joys! 8) However you'd have all the work to do as i would be busy loafing and chasing muledeer! :D

leanin' H said:
The Sandy ranch is really dependant on moisture and stocking rates would vary greatly depending on the weather. Zilly, when i get the manager job you would be welcome to hire on as a hand! After putting up with Lazy WP, you'd find me one of your life's greatest joys! 8) However you'd have all the work to do as i would be busy loafing and chasing muledeer! :D
those desert big horns look fun to chase too

If that place can carry that many head, and raise irrigated hay plus you get the cattle if I read it right. That's really cheap per head to buy ground compaired to where I live.

leanin' H said:

Ah heck, LazyWP isn't that bad. Shoot, he bought not one but two, string trimmers for LWLeather to use. They're even on wheels! He even let me use one! Heck of a guy he is. :p

Zilly said:
leanin' H said:

Ah heck, LazyWP isn't that bad. Shoot, he bought not one but two, string trimmers for LWLeather to use. They're even on wheels! He even let me use one! Heck of a guy he is. :p

But I DID give you the opportunity to watch, possibly the greatest deer captures ever!! TWICE I might add!!
As for the trimmers.... :oops: :oops:

Well in all fairness the first trimmer was my idea.. The second one was his, he figured I could get more done with two I guess.. :lol: :roll:

Latest posts