• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ranch Management Software

Help Support Ranchers.net:

DiamondSCattleCo

Reaction score
I've been looking around for ranch management software, and have demo'ed a couple (CattleMax 2006, Ranch Manager v1.0) CattleMax, I found to be unimpressive due to some bugs and some user interface limitations. Ranch Manager does most things that I'd like to see it do, but it is missing a few small items. Plus Ranch Manager is several hundred dollars cheaper.

So what else is out there that people are using? Any comparisons? I know there are a couple other products (can't recall the names) but they didn't have demos available.

Rod

http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3638&highlight=software

DiamondSCattleCo said:
Thanks. Guess I didn't search the forums good enough :oops:

no problem. maybe more folks will weigh in on the subject this time. :D

I've just started using Ranch Manager.

I'm still at the point where I'm putting the cow herd in. So far, it's pretty good. There are a couple of bugs that I think need to be corrected, but they're small ones. Since upgrades are free, I think the program will evolve into an even better program. I asked them if they are planning a palm pilot version for use with the eid tags and a scanner. They said it's in the planning stage. 8)

This is pretty interesting. Would you guys say most ranchers use these kinds of products? Or at least a lot of them? I've been working on several articles lately about the rising use of computers in ag, but it's hard to tell how prevalent it actually is.

Latest posts