• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

rancher- Smells Like Rain

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Just came in- Wind that has been blowing all day has completely quit-sky in the west is darkening- and now its even smelling like a spring rain out there.....

Radar shows a band going clear across the state, so maybe this one won't miss you-- altho it doesn't look like it'll amount to a lot........

I will take what ever I can get. Looks like you were right about the pattern changing. They have me down for 60% one day next week, but then they can take that away by the time next week comes. Lots of people starting to sell down now, starting with the older cows while the price is good. I am going to try and hang on until the end of April before I sell anything. Sounds like maybe Jake and FH got some snow last night.

If you boys down there were kinder to us Canadian Ranchers maybe we would share some of the moisture we have up here. Hope'n for a damn good drought might thin those R-calfers out! :lol2:

Its wetter than hell here with tonnes of snow still on the ground! :D

Manitoba_Rancher said:
If you boys down there were kinder to us Canadian Ranchers maybe we would share some of the moisture we have up here. Hope'n for a damn good drought might thin those R-calfers out! :lol2:

Thanks! :roll:

Rancher you would be so tired of wearing rubber boots that you'd cry. I had a friend that move to Amaranth Manitoba and he had to come back to visit just so he could wear his cowboy boots. :wink: :cowboy:

Big M, I would have to buy some first. I don't even think they sell them anymore in my area. Just no demand for them. I will trade a pair of cranky pants for some overshoes. :eek:

It was sloppy here today and my feet kill me when I have to wear those darn things. A few days aren't bad but when thiese sloppy corrals get souped up that all that works. :(

rancher said:
I will take what ever I can get. Looks like you were right about the pattern changing. They have me down for 60% one day next week, but then they can take that away by the time next week comes. Lots of people starting to sell down now, starting with the older cows while the price is good. I am going to try and hang on until the end of April before I sell anything. Sounds like maybe Jake and FH got some snow last night.

that depends on which Jake... couldn't complain about the weather here lately... 70's for a few days.... now it's spose to get nasy again... can't wait for those spring rains though....

rancher- didn't get much, but did get the ground wet... Looks like some more may move in from Alberta...

rancher- Did this one find you? We got a whole 1/100 of an inch before midnite- then a skiff of wet snow- ground was white this morning, but it is quickly disappearing.........

Maybe this is getting the pump primed for you guys in the southern part of the state............

rancher, I was gone from Saturday to Tuesday morning. My husband said it rained enough to be muddy Monday morning. Course the wind that blew me home Tuesday, took that moisture.

In Sheridan, the wind blew some clouds in on Sunday but nothing came of it. Then Tuesday morning when I got up to leave for home, it had rained a bit in the night there. Spit snow going towards Decker, but that's all the moisture I saw anywhere. No snow to speak of on the Big Horns. Folks in Sheridan are saying they won't be able to grow gardens this year...no water.

Spit a few drops the other day, and spit a few last night, but don't think it even wet the dogs hair. I wished I had water to grow a garden, :) Wife hasn't planted one for years as no water, well water just doesn't grow much of a garden here. Well off to enjoy the wind AGAIN! Two weeks is up on the flu, so should feel great in the morning 8) . I feel sorry for the ones of you that still have to go through day 3 and 4 of the flu, will think of you.

Any of you R-calf members that are in a drought, your jinxed by the curse put on you by the ancient evil spirits for what you have caused the canadian cattle man! As for the rest of you American ranchers I feel sorry for you!

May the curse of the R-calf Drought continue for many years to come!

It rained over an inch here last night with lots of wet snow also!! Ground is going to be saturated! :lol:

Manitoba_Rancher said:
Any of you R-calf members that are in a drought, your jinxed by the curse put on you by the ancient evil spirits for what you have caused the canadian cattle man! As for the rest of you American ranchers I feel sorry for you!

May the curse of the R-calf Drought continue for many years to come!

It rained over an inch here last night with lots of wet snow also!! Ground is going to be saturated! :lol:

And a good day to you sir... :)

It rained over an inch here last night with lots of wet snow also!! Ground is going to be saturated!

You must be living right. All we got was a bunch of snow and wind that polished the ice so much I almost couldn't get out of the yard this morning. Maybe I should sell a couple of cows and buy some new tires. :lol: I heard that out by Brandon its real nice today. One of our guys is digging a foundation out there by Shilo. The frost is down 6 1/2 feet.

The problem is that our footings are only supposed to go down 5 feet so we've got to draw a foot and a half of frost before we can start our concrete.

Latest posts