• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ranchers.net Recipes

Help Support Ranchers.net:

M Gravlee

Reaction score
Thanks to all the Members that added their recipes to the new cookbook:
http://www.ranchers.net/recipes/

It should let viewers who don't visit the Coffee Shop enjoy them also. :shock: Why not add your favorites today?

Question Mr. Gravlee - I've posted some (not done yet) on Cattle today, when they update will it post on ranchers cookbook too or do I need to cut and paste them there as well? Thanks.

I forgot to put my name on Aunt Mildred's carrot cake but if you all like that type cake, its delicious.

It's uploaded manually by me so it'll eventually get on both. I tend to update one and then the other in a week or two. So no need to re-post.

I added your Member name to the carrot cake recipe.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
OH Carrot Cake!!!! I love carrot cake, I'll hafta go check it out, and give it a try....thanks

Carrot cake is also Peach Blossom's favorite dessert. Personally, I regard carrots purely as a vegetable, to be eaten raw with a salad. They are not good cooked or hidden in a cake. :wink:

Zuccinni in anything always reminds me of the stone in the stone soup fable. You get enough good stuff in with it, you can't taste either the zuccinnin or the stone.

That's the whole point :lol: :lol: :lol:

I never plant zuccinni..I have plenty family and friends that plant more than enuff......and they always want to give me some.....how can i say no? so I say sure.....and make zuccinni bread.

It's been said that if you have to raise your own zuccinnis, you don't have any friends.

The only time folks lock their cars in our small town is to keep from getting zuccinnis dumped in them. :wink:

LOL that reminds me of back a few years when cattle prices were at the bottom of the barrel, ya hadda put a pad lock on yer stock trailer if left unattended at the sale barn, or you'd come back and it could have anywhere from 1 to 20 dairy calves in your trailer fer free.

Anyone have a good recipe for spanish/mexican rice? I love the stuff you get at some really good mexican restaurants, but haven't been able to find a good recipe.

Thanks.

sw makes it good, it's actually in a recipe book and it is very good :D

Spanish Rice

6 slices bacon
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 small green pepper, finely chopped
1 28 oz can tomatoes, cut up (undrained)
1 C water
3/4 C long grain rice
1 T brown sugar
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 t salt
1 t chili powder
1/8 t pepper
Dash bottled hot pepper sauce

In a 10-inch skillet cook bacon till crisp. Drain on paper toweling; crumble and set aside. Drain fat from pan, reserving 2 T drippings in skillet. In the bacon drippings cook onion and green pepper till tender. Stir in undrained tomatoes, water, rice, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, chili powder, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Cover; simmer about 30 minutes or till rice is done and most of the liquid is absorbed. top with the crumbled bacon. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese, if desired. Makes 6 servings.

I simply LOOOOOVE spanish rice and will giving this one a try soon!!!

does anyone have a recipe for "chocolate-oatmeal-no-bake cookies"....my mom made the easiest and yummiest and i have misplaced the recipe!!!

What about a recipe for sweet potato salad???? another of my mom's favorites, but she passed away before I could get her recipe!! :cry:

Thanks HY....I'll copy it down and give it a whirl...sounds very good!!!

Have you all looked at the recipe sight that macon put on here??!! :shock: Holy cow! There are recipes on there for just about everything!! I have even posted a few myself!!!

This is very easy recipe and I would think you could either add cocoa or chocolate chips to make it chocolate flavor.

PEANUT BUTTER CLUSTER

2 c. sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 c. butter or oleo
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 c. peanut butter
3 c rolled oats (quick or regular)

Stir sugar, milk, butter and salt together in pan. bring this to a full boil for 1 minute. Take pan off stove.

Add vanilla and peanut butter. Stir until smooth.

Add rolled oats. Mix well.

Cool this mixture until it begins to keep its shape.

Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper or greased plate.

Cookies harden as they cool.

Latest posts