• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

READ THIS CANUCKLE HEADS

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
"While our membership continues to be sympathetic toward the hard-working farm and ranch families in Canada, transferring their BSE (bovine spongiform encephalopathy) problem to the U.S. will not benefit Canadian or American cattle producers. Since USDA published its rule to reestablish 'minimal risk categories' for importing cattle and beef from BSE-positive countries, two additional BSE-positive Canadian cattle have been discovered in the past two months.

I believe this sez it all and will probably be the last time I apologize for something you canuckle heads caused...................good luck

:shock: Haymaker you knucklehead - you didn't apologize, so how could it be the first, or as you say, the last time.

We already know you think it is the fault of the Canadian Cattleman\Cattlewoman.

So I'm a little confused(probably part of the canucklehead syndrome),

The science says :
1 - BSE isn't transmitted from animal to animal
2 - risk is virtually nill in animals under 30 months.
3 - specified risk materials have been conclusively determined and acknowledged that removal is mandatory to alleviate any risk.

Is this latest injuction a tacit acknowledgement by R-CALF that the US is incapable of safely processing live cattle under 30 months???

Be afraid America, be very afraid!

I have found this whole BSE escapade interesting. As a country we found out who our friends are. (ie USA)

I would have never thought that the US rancher's and cattlemen were fair weather friends, but i am :( mistaken. The comment that was made by one of our industry analyst up here this mornig was. "If this is going to be drug out through the US court system, then it is time for the Canadian goverment and producers to play hard ball. WTO and NAFTA court challenges could be undertaken. All trade sanctions could be used, cause of the current situation in beef, grain and lumber industries." It is nice to see someone with some influence is starting to talk about playing the USA game. It is sad, cause I always thought the grown ups could sit down and come up with a solution. But i quess the NHLPA and Rcalf have disspelled this illusion for me.

Oh, and to beat all, i got an email from Pat Coggins/Leo MacDonnell Jr. today inviting me to Midlands bull sale. I THINK NOT :mad: Now that takes balls, and is very insensitve...What idiots they are, for doing that.

The really sad thing is that prior to the ban and for a long time after we all felt that the ranching community knew no borders, that this was really a political issue stoked up by some special interest protectionists.

It's becoming increasingly clear that this is not the case, it's becoming personal now.

Watching the news last night with montana ranchers coming out of court "pushing up the roof" over their obvious pleasure with the decision and the money it will line their pockets with speaks volumes for the root issues.

I think an innocence on the farm has been lost forever, be carefull what you wish for, you just may get it!

Not sure how much help that next broke down pickup with a Montana tag will get north of 49 in the future.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has raised the fiscal year (FY) 2005 forecast of ag exports from $56 billion to $59 billion, figures that, if realized, would rank 2005 in the top three export sales years.

According to an agency news release, the increase can be attributed to increased demand for high-value U.S. products bolstered by a weaker dollar. Canada is expected to remain the No. 1 market for U.S. ag goods at $10.2 billion, while Mexico will surpass Japan for the No. 2 seat, at $8.5 billion. Japan is expected to reach $7.7 billion in exports.

For a complete report visit www.fas.usda.gov.

Sucks to be #1 - can we at least put a dent in that ag goods $.

S.S.A.P. said:
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has raised the fiscal year (FY) 2005 forecast of ag exports from $56 billion to $59 billion, figures that, if realized, would rank 2005 in the top three export sales years.

According to an agency news release, the increase can be attributed to increased demand for high-value U.S. products bolstered by a weaker dollar. Canada is expected to remain the No. 1 market for U.S. ag goods at $10.2 billion, while Mexico will surpass Japan for the No. 2 seat, at $8.5 billion. Japan is expected to reach $7.7 billion in exports.

For a complete report visit www.fas.usda.gov.

Sucks to be #1 - can we at least put a dent in that ag goods $.

Helluva good Idea.

Does this have anything to do with the NAFTA, which some US citizens have said has hurt the Americans so bad?[/quote]

Latest posts