• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Real Cost of Hamburger

Help Support Ranchers.net:

~SH~ said:
Like I said, only a complete idiot would think that Tyson would allow their beef profits to suffer at the expense of poultry.

What are you going to do with 8 cent trim? Buy chucks and rounds to grind with it? LOL!

See you at your auction!

A banker?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

~SH~

SH, why do you choose to be a fool? Are you going to tell me there's not money to be made combining 50/50 trim @8cents with enough chuck @$2.00 to produce 70/30 to sell @ $1.79?

I can see why you need to make your living trapping gophers and not running a calculator.

Sandbag: "Are you going to tell me there's not money to be made combining 50/50 trim @8cents with enough chuck @$2.00 to produce 70/30 to sell @ $1.79?"

Well there you have it folks. Sandbag showing the world his business savy. He would rather DEVALUE the chucks from OVER $2.00 to $1.79 so he didn't have to import CHEAP lean trimmings from Australia and New Zealand to blend with the 50/50 trim.

That statement says it all.

Sandbag: "I can see why you need to make your living trapping gophers and not running a calculator."

I haven't trapped a gopher since I was a kid and you already know that. Are you really so insecure that you have to lie? Besides, can't you come up with something original rather than following Randy the packer blamers lead? What a mindless sheep!

~SH~

Quote:
Sandbag: "Are you going to tell me there's not money to be made combining 50/50 trim @8cents with enough chuck @$2.00 to produce 70/30 to sell @ $1.79?"

Well there you have it folks. Sandbag showing the world his business savy. He would rather DEVALUE the chucks from OVER $2.00 to $1.79 so he didn't have to import CHEAP lean trimmings from Australia and New Zealand to blend with the 50/50 trim.

That statement says it all.

Quote:
Sandbag: "I can see why you need to make your living trapping gophers and not running a calculator."

I haven't trapped a gopher since I was a kid and you already know that. Are you really so insecure that you have to lie? Besides, can't you come up with something original rather than following Randy the packer blamers lead? What a mindless sheep!

~SH~
SH, who do imports benefit? Do they benefit the domestic producers?

Why does Tyson devalue those chucks (48% by Agman's figures) and grind them up? Don't you think you should go over there and tell them how to make more money off of their chucks? May be then they could pay the cattlemen more money for their cattle.

SH, "Well there you have it folks. Sandbag showing the world his business savy. He would rather DEVALUE the chucks from OVER $2.00 to $1.79 so he didn't have to import CHEAP lean trimmings from Australia and New Zealand to blend with the 50/50 trim. That statement says it all."

I realize why packers import the cheap crap from overseas - that is not my point that you are diverting from. My point is that you claiming 50/50 is only worth 8 cents is a laugher. Also, what is this "....chucks from OVER $2.00....." BS? I can buy shoulder roast (chuck) in Valentine, NE TODAY for $1.99 RETAIL. I've pointed out many times to you that if you have to lie and stretch the truth to make your point, there is a problem with your stance.

Here, SH, have someone run a calculator for you and we'll see if that trim is really worth the 8 cents you claim it is. If you sell me 100 lbs. of your "worthless 50/50 trim :roll: " and I want to make 70/30, I need 65 lbs. of chuck. I pick up $129.35 of roast from my local IGA store (65lbs. x $1.99), grind it and mix it with your "worthless" trim, and I now have 165 lbs. of 70/30 burger that is selling for $1.79. That is worth $295.35. Subtracting the cost of the roasts from my gross profits, I end up with $166.00 to cover the costs of grinding and the trim. Are you still going to tell me that you can only get 8 cents from me for that trim?

You're a dandy.

50/50 Trim is worth the value of fat ($.08 per pound) UNTIL IT'S BLENDED! NOT AFTER IT'S BLENDED!

I was talking about 50/50 as a stand alone product. @!^%*@!^% idiot!

Who makes more money, the packer that imports CHEAP LEAN trimmings from Australia and New Zealand or the packer who devalues the chuck to grind with the 50/50 trim as you have recommended????

Hmmmmm???

Bet it's still over your import blaming head isn't it?

Sandbag: "I realize why packers import the cheap crap from overseas - that is not my point that you are diverting from. My point is that you claiming 50/50 is only worth 8 cents is a laugher. Also, what is this "....chucks from OVER $2.00....." BS? I can buy shoulder roast (chuck) in Valentine, NE TODAY for $1.99 RETAIL. I've pointed out many times to you that if you have to lie and stretch the truth to make your point, there is a problem with your stance."

First prove that imported lean trimmings is "CRAP"!

What proof do you have to back that unsubstantiated "CLAIM"? ABSOLUTELY NONE, AS USUAL!

Next prove that rounds haven't been sold for over $2 per pound. I suppose your local Valentine store is representative of national sales huh? What you don't realize is that some chucks are worth a lot more than that $2.00 per pound if they are made into 10 minute microwavable products. Instead of devaluing the chuck and round like you would so you didn't import cheap lean trimmings, you could be ADDING VALUE to them above $2.00 per pound but your not business savy enough to figure that out.

The beef retail marketing guru Sandbag would rather grind the flat iron steak than import cheap lean trimmings to blend with our 50/50 trim. Hahaha!

All you ever have is your "cheap talk claims" that I lie. NOT ONCE HAVE YOU EVER PROVEN IT which substantiates what a parasite you really are. Typical packer victim!

~SH~

~SH~ said:
50/50 Trim is worth the value of fat ($.08 per pound) UNTIL IT'S BLENDED! NOT AFTER IT'S BLENDED!

Who makes more money, the packer that imports CHEAP LEAN trimmings from Australia and New Zealand or the packer who devalues the chuck to grind with the 50/50 trim as you have recommended????

Hmmmmm???

Sandbag: "I realize why packers import the cheap crap from overseas - that is not my point that you are diverting from. My point is that you claiming 50/50 is only worth 8 cents is a laugher. Also, what is this "....chucks from OVER $2.00....." BS? I can buy shoulder roast (chuck) in Valentine, NE TODAY for $1.99 RETAIL. I've pointed out many times to you that if you have to lie and stretch the truth to make your point, there is a problem with your stance."

What proof do you have to back that unsubstantiated "CLAIM"? ABSOLUTELY NONE, AS USUAL!

Next prove that rounds haven't been sold for over $2 per pound. I suppose your local Valentine store is representative of national sales huh? What you don't realize is that some chucks are worth a lot more than that $2.00 per pound if they are made into 10 minute microwavable products. Instead of devaluing the chuck and round like you would so you didn't import cheap lean trimmings, you could be ADDING VALUE to them above $2.00 per pound but your not business savy enough to figure that out.

The beef retail marketing guru Sandbag would rather grind the flat iron steak than import cheap lean trimmings to blend with our 50/50 trim. Hahaha!

All you ever have is your "cheap talk claims" that I lie. NOT ONCE HAVE YOU EVER PROVEN IT which substantiates what a parasite you really are. Typical packer victim!

~SH~

SH, what grade did you finish in school?

~SH~ said:

Hmmmmm???

~SH~

You want to stay on topic for once? I'll take all of that "8 cent trim" you can sell me. There's money to be made.

If I have stated something that is incorrect, correct it Conman. What's the holdup? Always diverting! The reason is obvious.

~SH~

Sandbag,

Why don't you answer the questions?

Where is your proof that imported lean trimmings are "CRAP"?

Where is your proof that chucks have not sold for over $2.00?

Dance Sandbag, DANCE!

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Sandbag,

Dance Sandbag, DANCE!

~SH~

Trying to divert attention away from your 8 cent trim statement? :lol: :lol: :lol: I would too, if I was proved full of crap so easily.

I"ll still play with you because you're still spewing nonsense.

As far as I'm concerned, the imported lean is crap because I'm comparing it to the Nebraska Maine x Angus in my freezer. To a starving person or someone who knows nothing about beef, it is not crap. Maybe you should provide Webster's definition of "crap".

Don't believe I said chucks have never sold for over $2.00 - and I'll bet you another $100 payable to R-CALF that you can't come up with a quote from me stating that. Why do you demand I prove something I never said? Trying to divert a little? Are you a little uncomfortable, SH? :lol:

How many times do I need to tell you I understand why the packers use the lean. Yet - you continually try to put words in my mouth. :roll:

My point, AGAIN, is that I can buy chucks for $1.99 and your trim for 8 cents and make a good chunk of change - which proves that trim is worth much more than the 8 cents you claim it is.

You're a super dandy.

Sandbag: "Trying to divert attention away from your 8 cent trim statement? I would too, if I was proved full of crap so easily."

I divert from nothing. Regarding divesion, if I was as slippery and slimy as you are in debate, I would have never sent you the $100 for the bet would I? Actions speak louder than words. Conman and you will never have to worry about losing a bet because you'd never have the integrity to admit when you were wrong. You certainly didn't have any facts to support your worthless position.

50/50 trim is WORTHLESS ($.08 per pound) until it is blended with lean beef trimmings. That is a fact! You disproved NOTHING, AS USUAL!

You just spin a statement (50/50 trim is worthless) into meaning "worthless after it has been blended" which is typical of your deceptive slimeball ways and simple mindset.

Sandbag: "As far as I'm concerned, the imported lean is crap because I'm comparing it to the Nebraska Maine x Angus in my freezer. To a starving person or someone who knows nothing about beef, it is not crap. Maybe you should provide Webster's definition of "crap"."

As expected. "CRAP" is based on nothing more than your worthless opinion.

Sandbag: "Don't believe I said chucks have never sold for over $2.00 - and I'll bet you another $100 payable to R-CALF that you can't come up with a quote from me stating that. Why do you demand I prove something I never said? Trying to divert a little? Are you a little uncomfortable, SH?'

Dig your way out of this one Sandbag..........

Sandbag: "Also, what is this "....chucks from OVER $2.00....." BS? I can buy shoulder roast (chuck) in Valentine, NE TODAY for $1.99 RETAIL."

Dance Sandbag, DANCE!

You conveniently missed this question..........

Getting uncomfortable?

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Sandbag: "Trying to divert attention away from your 8 cent trim statement? I would too, if I was proved full of crap so easily."

I divert from nothing. Regarding divesion, if I was as slippery and slimy as you are in debate, I would have never sent you the $100 for the bet would I? Actions speak louder than words. Conman and you will never have to worry about losing a bet because you'd never have the integrity to admit when you were wrong. You certainly didn't have any facts to support your worthless position.

50/50 trim is WORTHLESS ($.08 per pound) until it is blended with lean beef trimmings. That is a fact! You disproved NOTHING, AS USUAL!

You just spin a statement (50/50 trim is worthless) into meaning "worthless after it has been blended" which is typical of your deceptive slimeball ways and simple mindset.

Sandbag: "As far as I'm concerned, the imported lean is crap because I'm comparing it to the Nebraska Maine x Angus in my freezer. To a starving person or someone who knows nothing about beef, it is not crap. Maybe you should provide Webster's definition of "crap"."

As expected. "CRAP" is based on nothing more than your worthless opinion.

Sandbag: "Don't believe I said chucks have never sold for over $2.00 - and I'll bet you another $100 payable to R-CALF that you can't come up with a quote from me stating that. Why do you demand I prove something I never said? Trying to divert a little? Are you a little uncomfortable, SH?'

Dig your way out of this one Sandbag..........

Sandbag: "Also, what is this "....chucks from OVER $2.00....." BS? I can buy shoulder roast (chuck) in Valentine, NE TODAY for $1.99 RETAIL."

Dance Sandbag, DANCE!

You conveniently missed this question..........

Getting uncomfortable?

~SH~

SH, if it devalues the chuck, why does Tyson do it? Dance on over to Tyson and tell them how to run their business. Are they so desperate with all the costs of holding 8 cent trim as to have to grind "valuable" chucks?

So is it your opinion that U.S. packers have to import lean trimmings from foreign sources so they can "get rid" of the 8 cent trim?

SH, "50/50 trim is WORTHLESS ($.08 per pound) until it is blended with lean beef trimmings. That is a fact! You disproved NOTHING, AS USUAL! "

OK, if product is worthless until it is properly processed, your cows (if you indeed have any) are worthless as well. You can't eat a live cow, can you? I'd be happy to give you 8 cents/lb for them - heck, it's Christmas and I know you're $100 short, I'll double it and give you 16 cents. :p

SH, "As expected. "CRAP" is based on nothing more than your worthless opinion. "

Fine, I'd be happy to comply to Webster's definition of "crap" if you would provide it. :lol:

You think you have something with your $2 chuck deal? FACT: I can buy chuck for $1.99 today. If you want to make a big deal that chuck could be over that price some time, you had better also recognize the price for the burger could be over $1.79 as well. It's all reletive.

SH, "You conveniently missed this question.........Who makes more money, the packer that imports CHEAP LEAN trimmings from Australia and New Zealand or the packer who devalues the chuck to grind with the 50/50 trim as you have recommended???? "

I don't understand why you ask that question considering my previous statement, "How many times do I need to tell you I understand why the packers use the lean?" Of course the packers make more money buying the crap from overseas. Who has ever denied that? Why do you feel the need for a strawman here, SH? :wink:

Where did I recommend that packers use chuck instead of foreign trim? Want to bet another $100 to R-CALF/NCBA? If you have to put words in your opposition's mouth and try to make an issue out of something not said, you're on the wrong side of the tracks.

Let my make my point again - you're full of crap claiming trim is worth only 8 cents. Completely and totally full of crap and I'm having a good time wih it. I just did some math for you to prove it. Do you want to dispute my numbers? Another shoot down of your comment - why would packers pay for refrigeration and storage on something worth 8 cents?

Your only bias is the truth? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're a dandy.

Sandhusker said:
~SH~ said:
Sandbag,

Dance Sandbag, DANCE!

~SH~

Trying to divert attention away from your 8 cent trim statement? :lol: :lol: :lol: I would too, if I was proved full of crap so easily.

I"ll still play with you because you're still spewing nonsense.

As far as I'm concerned, the imported lean is crap because I'm comparing it to the Nebraska Maine x Angus in my freezer. To a starving person or someone who knows nothing about beef, it is not crap. Maybe you should provide Webster's definition of "crap".

Don't believe I said chucks have never sold for over $2.00 - and I'll bet you another $100 payable to R-CALF that you can't come up with a quote from me stating that. Why do you demand I prove something I never said? Trying to divert a little? Are you a little uncomfortable, SH? :lol:

How many times do I need to tell you I understand why the packers use the lean. Yet - you continually try to put words in my mouth. :roll:

My point, AGAIN, is that I can buy chucks for $1.99 and your trim for 8 cents and make a good chunk of change - which proves that trim is worth much more than the 8 cents you claim it is.

You're a super dandy.

Sandhusker, if you think 50/50 trim is worth more than $.08 as a stand-alone then provide some proof. You always ask everyone else to prove their statement why don't you prove yours for once? In doing so you would prove SH wrong. The reason you won't is because you can't. Your last statement (b)again(b) is sufficient to demonstrate how shallow your position is.

Agman, "Sandhusker, if you think 50/50 trim is worth more than $.08 as a stand-alone then provide some proof. You always ask everyone else to prove their statement why don't you prove yours for once? In doing so you would prove SH wrong. The reason you won't is because you can't. Your last statement (b)again(b) is sufficient to demonstrate how shallow your position is."

I provided the proof. Look at my figures and tell me where I'm wrong.

Sandhusker you just proved yourself wrong. Cows are worth a fraction of what they are after they are processed just like 8 cent trim is until it is processed.Tthe point is proven. Thanks Sandhusker.

Conman: "SH, if it devalues the chuck, why does Tyson do it? Dance on over to Tyson and tell them how to run their business."

Why would I need to tell Tyson how to run their business when you are the arrogant #*@#&* that is continually telling others how to run their business? I'm not like you!

This issue is yet another example (heavy sigh) of your never ending ignorance.

The market for value added products from the chuck and round and the sales of chucks and rounds are limited by consumer demand in relation to the supply of those products. The surplus of chucks and rounds, that do not end up as value added products, have less value than the value added products. The surplus of chucks and rounds may be ground with 50/50 trim in some situations and most slaughter cows are but a far better situation would be if all chucks and rounds sold at a premium to ground beef. Unfortunately, The supply of chucks and rounds exceed the demand.
Consider yourself informed on this issue if you can comprehend it but that's doubtful considering your past ignorance.

Tyson, and the producers would be in a far better situation to import cheap lean trimmings and add as much value to as many of the chucks and rounds as we can.

Conman: "Are they so desperate with all the costs of holding 8 cent trim as to have to grind "valuable" chucks?"

What do you know about the costs of holding 8 cent trim?

Conman: "So is it your opinion that U.S. packers have to import lean trimmings from foreign sources so they can "get rid" of the 8 cent trim?"

No, it is A FACT that "SOME" U.S. packers import "SOME" lean trimmings from foreign sources so they can "ADD VALUE" to a product (50/50 trim) that is virtually worthless otherwise.

As the value of U.S. chucks and rounds increases due to value added products from chucks and rounds or due to increased value for the chucks and rounds themselves, more demand is placed on foreign beef as a source of "CHEAP" lean trimmings.

You still can't grasp the concept can you? You still can't get past the word "IMPORT" can you? I didn't think so!

Sandbag: "I provided the proof. Look at my figures and tell me where I'm wrong."

BULL!

You provided proof of the value of 50/50 trim AS A VALUE ADDED PRODUCT (70/30 lean ground beef), not AS A STAND ALONE PRODUCT which is what my statement ("worthless") was referring to.

Typical of your deceptive slithering ways you spin your own interpretation of what was actually stated!

Sandbag: "OK, if product is worthless until it is properly processed, your cows (if you indeed have any) are worthless as well. You can't eat a live cow, can you? I'd be happy to give you 8 cents/lb for them - heck, it's Christmas and I know you're $100 short, I'll double it and give you 16 cents."

Why do you insist on being such a dumbass?

The value of cows is determined by the value of the beef and beef by products that is derived from those cows. If those products could not be sold that cow would be worthless. If 50/50 trim was not blended with lean trimmings to add value to it, that too would be worthless.

The value 50/50 trim is determined by the value of the leaner beef they are blended with.

As a stand alone product, 50/50 trim is virtually worthless. That is a fact and you will not refute that fact.

Sandbag: "You think you have something with your $2 chuck deal? FACT: I can buy chuck for $1.99 today. If you want to make a big deal that chuck could be over that price some time, you had better also recognize the price for the burger could be over $1.79 as well. It's all reletive."

"Relative", not "reletive" Mr. Banker.

If you think that a good businessman grinds a $1.99 chuck to sell it for $1.79 as ground beef, you are a bigger idiot than I thought.

The chucks and rounds that are ground are those that cannot sell for $1.99. If you knew anything about the retail beef industry, you would know that.

Sandbag: "Let my make my point again - you're full of crap claiming trim is worth only 8 cents. Completely and totally full of crap and I'm having a good time wih it. I just did some math for you to prove it. Do you want to dispute my numbers? Another shoot down of your comment - why would packers pay for refrigeration and storage on something worth 8 cents?"

Let me state a fact again. You don't know sh*t about the packing industry. That is a fact.

Secondly, 50/50 trim is worthless as a stand alone product. That too is fact. The value in 50/50 trim is due to the ability to change it to 70/30 or higher lean ground beef by blending lean trimmings with it.

Sorry this is so difficult for you to comprehend.

~SH~

Big Muddy rancher said:
Sandhusker you just proved yourself wrong. Cows are worth a fraction of what they are after they are processed just like 8 cent trim is until it is processed.Tthe point is proven. Thanks Sandhusker.[/quote

A fraction? What is your definition of "a fraction", BMR? Tell you what, show us how you come up with that conclusion. Down here, any broken mouth that can walk is worth $700. What is their value after processing?

SH, "Why do you insist on being such a dumbass? The value of cows is determined by the value of the beef and beef by products that is derived from those cows. If those products could not be sold that cow would be worthless. If 50/50 trim was not blended with lean trimmings to add value to it, that too would be worthless. "

A cow's value is determined by what can be derived from it but trim is not? What is the difference, they both are raw materials for a finished product? Why the double standard, SH?

SH, "The value 50/50 trim is determined by the value of the leaner beef they are blended with."

EXACTLY! So why do you in the same breath insist it be valued as a "stand alone product"? Make up your mind!

SH, "As a stand alone product, 50/50 trim is virtually worthless. That is a fact and you will not refute that fact."

What kind of an IDIOT values ANYTHING as a stand alone product? EVERYTHING'S value is based on what can be done with that product! Open your biased eyes and figure it out! Cattle is a prefect example, crude oil is another. You can't eat a live cow and you can't do anything with a barrel of crude - but each has a valued based on what can be done with each.

If you and Agman can start supplying me with all the trim I can use for 8 cents, I'll buy those $2 chucks and I'll make a bundle selling hamburger. That is obvious - yet you two try to play games and tell me I'm not a businessman? :roll:

Sandbag: "A cow's value is determined by what can be derived from it but trim is not? What is the difference, they both are raw materials for a finished product? Why the double standard, SH?"

Who said trim is not valued by what can be derived from it?

If 50/50 trim cannot be blended due the higher value of chucks and rounds or due to a shortage of "CHEAP" lean trimmings, it's worthless. If a source of "CHEAP" lean trimmings is available, then it has value. What is so difficult to understand about that?

If the packer cannot add lean trimmings to that 50/50 trim due to a shortage of "CHEAP" lean trimmings or the higher value of chucks and rounds, the carcass will be priced accordingly to the value of 50/50 trim as a stand alone product.

Sandbag: " EXACTLY! So why do you in the same breath insist it be valued as a "stand alone product"? Make up your mind!"

Because there is not always a source of "CHEAP" lean trimmings to blend with it. If there is not, 50/50 trim is worthless.

Sandbag: "What kind of an IDIOT values ANYTHING as a stand alone product? EVERYTHING'S value is based on what can be done with that product! Open your biased eyes and figure it out! Cattle is a prefect example, crude oil is another. You can't eat a live cow and you can't do anything with a barrel of crude - but each has a valued based on what can be done with each."

What kind of idiot values 50/50 trim at 70/30 lean ground beef value IF HE DOESN'T HAVE A SOURCE OF LEAN TRIMMINGS TO BLEND WITH IT?

You! That's what kind!

Sandbag: "If you and Agman can start supplying me with all the trim I can use for 8 cents, I'll buy those $2 chucks and I'll make a bundle selling hamburger. That is obvious - yet you two try to play games and tell me I'm not a businessman?"

While your grinding up $2 chucks, I'll import "FAR CHEAPER" lean trimmings to blend with the $.08 trim and make more money than you. If you were a BETTER businessman, you'd be buying "CHEAP" lean trimmings too instead of grinding up $2.00 chucks but you're not that smart.

~SH~

Latest posts