• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Recipes and things you cook with that you recommend

Help Support Ranchers.net:

How do you fry an okra?
Slice them like you would carrot or squash circles, about 1/8" thick, and then I put on olive oil then coat with cornmeal and sprinkle on some salt and pepper and fry them till they are golden brown. I use a nonstick skillet that is coated with olive oil. You can use any breading and breading technique or even fry them without, but more golden crisp breading and less okra is a win win in my book.

One of my great aunts in Texas loved it boiled and got offended when I called boiled okra chokra.

freezer got lot of short ribs, and chuck roasts.
brazed these trimmed short ribs, salt, pepper garlic powder to brown , then over onions , carrots , beef broth and red wine.
DSCN2879.JPG

My grandson found me some oysters. They are little flat packs of 4 Pacific oysters, pretty good size. I tried 4 fried the other night, Not sure I did them right, I guess I was to slice them before I breaded them and deep fry. I just tried to bread them whole and fried in butter.
Today we had leftover Corn chowder, Britt took a bowl and I took a bowl and dumped my oysters juice and all in. Heated to a rolling boil while stirring, Tasted pretty good. Mom had her recipe but this worked fine for lunch. Got my feed for another year.

Latest posts