• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Red Angus Bull at our place

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Turkey Track Bar

Reaction score
This is a coming two year old Red Angus bull we raised. This guy has been in the same easy keeping condition from day one as you see in this picture, which was taken the day we pulled him from breeding 30 heifers. We are pretty excited to see his calves come March!!! And maybe even more excited to see how both his bull and heifer calves
do on test, and in the real world as bulls in commercial operations and replacement heifers at our place.

1422.jpg

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

Faster horses said:
WOW, TTB, that is one handsome, impressive-looking bull!

Be sure to post follow-up pictures of the calves!
How is this bull bred, if you don't mind me asking?

FH: Thanks for the complements...and I'll try to post calf pics....

His sire is LMB Golden Boy 719 and maternal grand sire is BHR Logan 734B.

For the EPD folks, here are his numbers (sorry they don't line up very well...I tried putting them across but they all end up one big jumbled mess:)

BW:
EPD 1.5
Act. 84

WW:
EPD 36
Act. 744

YW:
EPD 68
Act. 1330

Milk:
EPD 14

Total Mat.:
EPD 32

Heif. Preg.:
EPD 12

Stayability:
EPD 14

Marbling:
EPD .28

Ribeye:
EPD -.01

Backfat:
EPD -.01

Very nice calf TTB. He is thick thick thick.

Thanks Red Robin...

Cheers---

i like him, TTB. especially knowing he just came in from breeding heifers. good-looking bull.

Red Robin said:
Unusual pedigree. You have a nice , marketable, calf and pedigree TTB. You going to sell any semen?

I think we might, but have to collect him first...those who stop by our place are pretty interested in him---and his pedigree is pretty hot right now. I have heard that Golden Boy semen is selling for outrageous prices in Canada, and is next to impossible to get in the US---

tx ag-thanks for the complement...he's kinda like me...pretty easy keepin' :)

Cheers---

REALLY nice looking bull TTB. Even better that he just got done working.
Sound, thick, functional, easy fleshing, well numbered...

I like your bull also! We are using bulls from Loran Hanson when he was still in Sturgis, are using 5 GILL MARIAS 178 sons which is a son of GLACIER MARIAS 548, and are 5 sons of GLACIER LOGAN 210, MARIAS 548 and LOGAN 210 are half brothers out of GLACIER REBALAS reg. 179216. You will like these kind of calfs, they have a will to live, are very gentle, Hfr. calves will make good replacement's have to watch you don't over feed them when growing them out will flesh up very easily which can hurt them. We live in rough Cheyenne River brakes country and Red Angus has worked the best for us with the way we need run cattle here with what we have. We haven't sold our calfs yet and I think the Reds are selling a little better this year compared to last few, hopfully you timed it just right We do wish you the best of luck with them! 101

elwapo said:
looks like he would test negative for the "noassatol" gene that is so common.

way to go, elwapo, we'll get a pic of one of our Gelbvieh bulls (Nathan) who is a handsome ole devil and is in the middle of breeding cows. We will pull bulls off next week.

Nice bull, BTW, TTB!!!

hanta yo, we been AI ing some heifers to carolina fortune, some cows to beretta. got a landmark daughter born a week ago. was using a bull of another breed on some cows and a neighbor wanted to buy him. let him have the bull and bought a black gelbvieh bull and added 53 lbs to the weaning average. so i bought 3 bred heifers and the weaned 600lb.calves so i have bought some more heifers and will be AI ing them to carolina fortune. cant wait to see em

Boy, he came through that job in better condition than most unless you were feeding him pretty good. I guess you observed him getting his work done. :p

Hanta Yo. I would like to see some pics of the fortune calves. His picture in the ABS sire book didn't look that great.

elwapo said:
Hanta Yo. I would like to see some pics of the fortune calves. His picture in the ABS sire book didn't look that great.

El,

We don't have offspring from fortune. I know we talked Carolina Power (Nathan is an offspring), and Elk Cr Bronco. Those bronco sons made great bulls (very nice disposition), outstanding calves, but every one of our bronco bulls ended up with bad feet. This year we put Carolina Fortune in some cows, but we won't see those calves until Sept. when we calve. Good to see you back on board, like talking Gelbvieh. :D :D :nod: :nod:

Did you make it to Denver Hanta. I was thinking about buying a syndicate share in the futurity and actually talked to Jerry about it. I finally decided against it because it is a fair gamble for an unknown bull. I have, however, used a past winner "Jagermeister" and he threw some smokin bull calves.

Latest posts