• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Red Heifer Pic

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Red Robin

Couldn't help that heifer had been clipped, did you pull her around any this summer? If so I bet she stood some competition.

I'm trying to get Red Robin to agree to flush that heifer. He is still thinking... :roll:

Red Robin,

If you live close to Harrison, I was wondering in Wes Hudson has seen her, and if so what did he think. Best I can tell from a picture you had better get her to Louisville.

Angus Breeder said:
Red Robin,

If you live close to Harrison, I was wondering in Wes Hudson has seen her, and if so what did he think. Best I can tell from a picture you had better get her to Louisville.
Wes is one of my neighbors and best friends. I was roading with Wes to Denver when Richard died . Wes stayed home of course and I sent the bull with Paul Trueblood the week of the show. I assume you breed blacks?

Red Robin

You are correct we do breed the blacks, however I know a few of the red breeders as well. Not very many, but the ones that are regulars at national shows and who do some judging here and there. Been thinking about adding a red donor, just haven't had the guts to take the plunge yet.

Why don't you just flush a black to a red bull and register them red? You already know your cow base. It would probably be easier to come up with some good ones where you already are familiar with the cows and genetics. If the cow suited me I would provide the semen , drugs , certificates, and split them with you.

Red Robin

Been thinking about flushing our 1407 donor tho the Monu 4x bull. What do you know about him.

I have never used him. He (in the pic) doesn't have enough capacity for me. On my place the cows are on fescue and it takes lots of room for the sorry forage to do them any good.

Nice heifer .If you need some more I sold 100 this spring just like her three weeks after weaning they weighed 650 to 735 off the cow.
I have the Bulls just off test 1226 to 1442 weighed 9/12/05
They were born 9/10 to 10/10 .
Birth weight 65 to 84 lbs.You can see some on cattle today.com page three.One hell of a set of bulls.

Red Robin,

Do you get a chance to attend the Ozark Fall Farmfest in Springfield? It is October 7,8, and 9th at the fairgrounds. Time is 9 am to 5 pm all three days.

I may go but I am busy finishing the things I should have done a month or two ago. Seems like that is always the case. It is a good show I hear. I actually have never been but all my buddies go. You exhibiting cattle?

Yes I am and am going to have the heifer I pictured there. If you make it look in the Angus barn for a stall with three head and a red ranch sign.

cert said:
I kinda fancy the red ones...even the ones that are missing the white face. :D
Cert - I perceive that you are beginning to see the "Light" rather than the "White"! Ha Ha Ha Just Kiddi - - No, on second thought I am not kidding. You could make profitable use of 40 or 50 of Red heifers like this baby! And you wouldn't have to argue with the Herf Assn. either!

DOC HARRIS

Red Robin said:
Shelly said:
Are you raising Red Angus? Pretty heavy for an Angus, he and the heifer look more like Red Simmental. If they are Angus, he sure is an easy-keeper! And he looks good!
They are Red Angus Shelly. Yes, they both keep easy but the bull was shown so he was fed quite a bit. He didn't fall off too bad though out on cows. He is at Genex in Strafford Mo. collecting export semen . I called to get his in weight after I dropped him off but he was too wide to get on their scales. That was after being out on cows and being in his pen for a month with nothing but grass and hay.
What is his BW EPD?

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS said:
cert said:
I kinda fancy the red ones...even the ones that are missing the white face. :D
Cert - I perceive that you are beginning to see the "Light" rather than the "White"! Ha Ha Ha Just Kiddi - - No, on second thought I am not kidding. You could make profitable use of 40 or 50 of Red heifers like this baby! And you wouldn't have to argue with the Herf Assn. either!

DOC HARRIS

You are right DOC!!! I've been after Red Robin for over a year now to agree to flush that heifer after she calves or another real good cow of his choice.

If not the heifer, something that we can use that stout bull of his on so I get a couple heifers like the one pictured. :wink:

And I have some good milking herfs I can put the embryos in!!!!!

Take Care DOC.

Latest posts