• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

RFD TV

Help Support Ranchers.net:

strawking

Reaction score
I guess I haven't watched a video sale in a while, and I guess now I know why. When and why did RFD stop televising the Superior sales. I might have to switch to dish now.

Direct tv doesn't offer rural tv but rfdtv is negotiating with them to add their sister channel.

Dish network has both. It was rfdtv decision to switch channels for their programming, their customers requested it.

I just watch on the internet we don't get the other RFD channel as our cable is thru our phone company.

Triangle Bar said:
Direct tv doesn't offer rural tv but rfdtv is negotiating with them to add their sister channel.

Dish network has both. It was rfdtv decision to switch channels for their programming, their customers requested it.
RFD is on direct, Chan 345

4Diamond said:
Triangle Bar said:

RFD is on direct, Chan 345

Yes it is but they don't carry the rural tv channel that airs Superior's sales.
Read the link below:
http://www.rfdtv.com/story/24240337/a-special

But you have to pay more for rural tv and rfd if you get one of the basic package deals. I paid more for the rfd channel then a year later they take off the auctions. Dish and direct tv are the biggest rip offs around.

Amen to that, they all talk and decide what they should charge, then banter back and forth to make it look as though they compete. Really ticks me off!!!
I told Dish that we should only pay for the channels we watch, and not support the ones no one watches,(I don't need bunch of listening channels to make look like I get a ton channels) good old supply and demand will take care of the rest. I have to pay for 250 channels to get the 15-20 I like to watch. Rant over, sorry!

I'm with Sandhills, a buck a month per channel I watch and call it good. I'd soon have twelve or fifteen channels, and a bunch of people would be available for real jobs.

About a month ago Dish had a dispute with CBS and they took it of the air for about 4 days. So I called and complained and they said it was to save us money. Which I laughed at the guy because I got to pay to have service to get my local channels. But he said I could go buy a rabbit ears to pickup a signal for my local channels but I told him that wasn't the point. Let me pick my channels, hell charge me more for that option if I want. I think most people would pay a little more if the could chose what they want and not 100 channels you never turn to. Now they had Fox news off for the same reason all to save the customer money. While the guy that started the Dish went and bought net flixs for 2-4 billion dollars. Save me money, ha.

Dish took toon network and another one off that has looney toons on them. Kids were pi$$ed as they only get one cartoon a day if they are good and all those are their favorites. :lol: My wife and I were trying to lower our bill but like said watch one channel in a certain package and pay for 25 more.

Dish finally got FOX news back on just as I was considering switching to something else. Probably wouldn't be able to find anything having the few I really want, and know I will always have to get dozens I never watch anyway. The morning game shows on CBS are the worst! They might be useful as torture! Anything which encourages people to act more stupid than usual to win some piddly prize should be illegal! And it comes on just after a news cycle and catches me off guard to get it turned off first which leaves me annoyed with myself.

Life must be pretty good if it takes so little as TV programming to upset us.

mrj

All tv should be free, have any idea how much money they make on commercials. If you DVR a 30 minute show can watch in little over 15 minutes. Us paying for this stuff just puts extra money in the ceo's pocket and bonus for the elite few. Just is what is. If I had the money I would own one of these satellite companies and charge by the channel just so I could buy the rest out and blow their equipment up on 4 july show. That would be real fun, redneck fun!! :lol: :D :lol:

Dish and Direct TV have to buy channels in packages too. Can't just buy part of it but all that the provider offers.

And then the high cost of those satellites floating out there in space.

And of course, the name of the game is to make money.

Sandhills boy said:
All tv should be free, have any idea how much money they make on commercials. If you DVR a 30 minute show can watch in little over 15 minutes. Us paying for this stuff just puts extra money in the ceo's pocket and bonus for the elite few. Just is what is. If I had the money I would own one of these satellite companies and charge by the channel just so I could buy the rest out and blow their equipment up on 4 july show. That would be real fun, redneck fun!! :lol: :D :lol:

Yes I do have Dish at the house to get the history channel, science channel, RFDTV and a few others but at the gravel pit I still have a mid 1970s antenna and I can get about 60 channels for free. A pain to watch as with dish I will have my shows recorded and I skip the commercials. To get the channels I want I have to pay for a 400 channel package and I only watch about 12.

Within 5 years I predict Dish and their competition will be gone as my daughter watches everything by "Streaming" for free. She ( read that dad ) pays for unlimited data on her cell gadget and plugs it into the TV and pulls up just about anything I can think of and off we go! She thinks I should update my Droid so I can do the same - - - it has taken me about 4 years to feel comfortable with the Droid but someday it will bite the dust and then I will upgrade.

Latest posts