• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ridin' colts

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jinglebob

Reaction score
My youngest son and daughter in law came out for the week to get out of all the motorcycles in the hills. Chan has a couple young horses that need riding.

I had my young stud cut a few days ago and Chan rode him and I rode my good 4 year old colt out and Daughter rode a broke horse. We rode down south to check on yearlin's. Found one with a sore foot so I told Chan to ride China after him and chase him until he got slow, so as to break open the sore on the foot. He did and as he went along he hollered that I ought to rope the critter and we'd doctor him.

I've roped a few in the corral on Beaver, but hadn't done any pasture ropin' on him yet. Built a loop and took in after the yearlin', who was starting to slo down. Finally got two feet caught and me and the Beav stretched him out and held him while Chan doctored and daughter held Chan's colt. Went real well and sure was fun. Sure enjoy havin' these young people around. I never would have done it if Chan hadn't "braved me up". Was good for the colts and the ol'man too! :lol:

Jinglebob,
Sounds like parts of you aren't too old yet! :D

Latest posts