• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Riding colts.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
My daughter has been working a couple of big 2 yr old geldings. Between haying and fencing not quite as much has been done as maybe should have been but I have ponyed her now twice on the one colt and she told me she was riding him bareback today and the other one we took out to the arena tonight and i ponyed her around. Had him loping out real nice. These colts are taller then the 5 yr old that I am riding and really have a stride. They both should make great ranch horses.

So are you just trying to be suave and debonair, and inferring that they might be for sale?

There are already two Canadian horses grazing in our pasture. The Belgian team, Homer and Jethro, were born in Canada on a PMU enterprise, not sure which province.

Mostly just proud daughter and the colts. They are for sale tho. I think the black colt is supposed to go to Billings but no cash has traded hands so yet to see if that happens. I really like the colts our stud is throwing. some size and hip and pretty fair disposition. we are also getting some color. Duns and Buckskins.

I think by the names those Belgians are from Manitoba. Homer and Jethro sound like Manitoba names to me. :wink: :cowboy:

BMr....... ya better be careful or Kato may make YOU take the Manitoba quiz! Could be tough to live with if ole Haymaker outscores you :twisted:

Hey Big Muddy - did your daughter enjoy our fair province? Or did she nearly freeze her backside off and head south? LOL!!!!!

cowsense said:
BMr....... ya better be careful or Kato may make YOU take the Manitoba quiz! Could be tough to live with if ole Haymaker outscores you :twisted:

Where was the Manitoba quiz posted?. Must have missed it. Probably a good thing since I barely even know where all your provinces are :oops:

This year a new yrs resolution was to learn all the new countries in Africa which have been formed since I took geography. WE have a globe that must have been made in the Stone Age- half the countries are GONE. Maybe I should just start with Canada's provinces which would be much easier.

Cowgal said:
Hey Big Muddy - did your daughter enjoy our fair province? Or did she nearly freeze her backside off and head south? LOL!!!!!

Her and her fiancee headed west to Alberta. She did like living in Virden as she enjoyed small town living. They went west for the opportunities I guess.. she still likes to get back to the ranch and help out when she can.. Her fiancee is from Virden so they will probably end up back there at some time.

That is so funny and Typical of you Americans! 95%of the fine US citizens I have met in my almost 37 years have NO CLUE about Canada, where it is, or capable of naming one or more provinces? Most think Tim Horton is our Prime Minister!!!! LOL!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes that area is quite nice. We have quite the diversity of land here. Everything from rolling hills,valleys, mountains, desert, swamp and lots and lots of bush. More lakes than you can shake a stick at!!!!
I am definitely a proud Manitoban myself! Would love to explore more of the USA too!!!!

Well ya they DID teach the states and capitals in school .... apparently I didn't pay enough attention cause had to check map to really understand where New Orleanes was :oops:

From what I remember when I went to school Canada wasn't even an independent country- still played God Save the Queen to let bareback riders know when to get ready......

Cowgal said:
That is so funny and Typical of you Americans! 95%of the fine US citizens I have met in my almost 37 years have NO CLUE about Canada, where it is, or capable of naming one or more provinces? Most think Tim Horton is our Prime Minister!!!! LOL!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JUst to be sure that you didn't confuse or embarass them, I think you should make it clear that Tim Horton is NOT our Prime Minister.

He is da KING! :lol2: :nod: :lol2:

Definitely is a culture difference- I had never heard of Tim Horton-- had to google it up to find out he was one of those guys that slipped around on the ice hitting horse apples at each other :wink: ....

OT.......you're kinda dating yourself.......Canada became a country in 1867 and I kinda think the only bareback riders around these parts were Native......as for God save the Queen, it's used to close out events...you wouldn't have been in the joyjuice out behind the chutes and gotten a little mixed up by any chance??? :wink: :twisted: :???:

greg said:
Well ya they DID teach the states and capitals in school .... apparently I didn't pay enough attention cause had to check map to really understand where New Orleanes was :oops:
Don't feel alone, Greg! Most of the so-called "students" in New Orleans don't know where New Orleans is either - or anything ELSE for that matter!!!

Latest posts