• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Round Bale Transport

Help Support Ranchers.net:

George said:
My first thought is if a new one is $18,000 then $15,500 sounds high for a used one - - - is it almost new? What kind of warranty would he give? Could you try it for a day before buying to see if the wrap is OK?

Oh yes, it isn't even a year old. It's only bunched 600 bales. They'd only sell it to get one that handled more bales. I guess we could go watch them use it in their fields because it's too far away for us to try it out here. They were going to run it through their shop as a matter of business........we've bought several things from them through the years and they are always good to take care of things. We've bought 2 tractors, swather, baler, pallet forks, etc from them and we've never had a problem. It was the salesman himself that mentioned on the video it looked like the net wrap might get snagged. They have been a real up-front outfit as far as we are concerned.

Good thought about a warranty. I need to ask about that. Thanks, George.

www.haytrailer.com, i have had mine for 6 years and have hauled thousands of bales. I also have a single axle semi and trailer i can haul 20 on but still use this trailer all the time. I have a seven bale and cost 3500 6 years ago

eatbeef said:
www.haytrailer.com, i have had mine for 6 years and have hauled thousands of bales. I also have a single axle semi and trailer i can haul 20 on but still use this trailer all the time. I have a seven bale and cost 3500 6 years ago

Thanks! It isn't a hay hauler we need. We have that; what need is a hay buncher (for lack of a better word) that loads the bales and that we can pull behind the tractor or the pickup and dump together in the hay field. THEN we will go with the big truck and trailer and haul to the stackyard. He can haul 30 on the flatbed on the truck and the gooseneck trailer. The best deal would be to sell it out of the field!!!!!!! :D

I can't find very many offered for sale. New or used.

Brent, I will be glad to report back to you as soon as we know anything.
It's raining! IT'S RAINING cats and dogs here right now so we may be able to get it this week. We have 1/2" already! :D It hasn't been raining long. A neighbor just called and said he has 2" inches already. :D :? I think he must be drinking. :shock: :p :wink: :D :D :D

I have skid steers to group bales in between trucks so that when the truck pulls in they are close. My son likes to use the Allis Chalmers 840 loader with forks and I like it for loading but a spear is much better for unloading.

But I prefer the backhoe with a spear as I sit higher and with the wider and longer wheelbase it is a better ride. The backhoe can group hay then load the trucks and be used for several other jobs as well.

My trailers carry anywhere from 11 to 20 bales so I can group them quickly. When hauling in from the field I can load with the backhoe quickly enough to keep 3 trucks busy with my son at the other end with a skid steer and spear.

Alfalfa dehys used to haul many thousands of bales down the hyways to their yards with side racks like these; www.haukaas.com/bale-rack-kits/
Hauling pipe style makes a much tighter load. A good loader man can load 2 at a time all from one side of the truck about as quick as loading gravel.
Biggest benefit was you could permit with only 3 straps.

greybeard said:
Alfalfa dehys used to haul many thousands of bales down the hyways to their yards with side racks like these;http://www.haukaas.com/bale-rack-kits/
Hauling pipe style makes a much tighter load. A good loader man can load 2 at a time all from one side of the truck about as quick as loading gravel.
Biggest benefit was you could permit with only 3 straps.

That looks like to much fun! :D

How far are you hauling your hay from the fields to your bale yard FH?

I have a flaman rental dealership and rent the haukass bale mover out. It is an excellent machine. If it can be broke, the renters will find a way, and other than tires being run flat, I havn't had any trouble at all.( even had a guy run the tube through the back of his grain truck box but it never even missed a step.) They run just under $30,000.00 new, you can pick up a used one around $20,000.00, but as long as they are greased, it will last a long time, mine would do close to 7500 bales a year and it 5 years old now(a loooong time in rental years) and still going strong

Silver said:
That depends. We have some fairly close and then some from across the road. None if it is like a long trip down the highway, so I'd say 4 to 5 miles would be the furthest. And we might stack some of the hay from across the highway in that field so we won't bring it as far.

He wants bale mover so that he can go out and bunch the bales then drive the truck and trailer to the bales and load them. We only have one tractor and he thinks it is hard on everything to go with the tractor and pick up 2 or 3 bales and drive over to load them on the truck. Or drive the truck over to the tractor. This way he can bunch 30 and have it all done with.

I guess. :???: :D

It couldn't have anything to do with a boy and his toys, could it???? :p

Z/2 said:
I have a flaman rental dealership and rent the haukass bale mover out. It is an excellent machine. If it can be broke, the renters will find a way, and other than tires being run flat, I havn't had any trouble at all.( even had a guy run the tube through the back of his grain truck box but it never even missed a step.) They run just under $30,000.00 new, you can pick up a used one around $20,000.00, but as long as they are greased, it will last a long time, mine would do close to 7500 bales a year and it 5 years old now(a loooong time in rental years) and still going strong

Thank you for your info. Sounds like a good machine. Too bad we can't find one closer to us.

Faster horses said:
Silver said:
That depends. We have some fairly close and then some from across the road. None if it is like a long trip down the highway, so I'd say 4 to 5 miles would be the furthest. And we might stack some of the hay from across the highway in that field so we won't bring it as far.

He wants bale mover so that he can go out and bunch the bales then drive the truck and trailer to the bales and load them. We only have one tractor and he thinks it is hard on everything to go with the tractor and pick up 2 or 3 bales and drive over to load them on the truck. Or drive the truck over to the tractor. This way he can bunch 30 and have it all done with.

I was just being nosey. If there were no busy highways or trips much over 5 miles I would never consider using anything but my mover and tractor to haul the bales home.

Silver said:
Faster horses said:
Silver said:

I was just being nosey. If there were no busy highways or trips much over 5 miles I would never consider using anything but my mover and tractor to haul the bales home.

That's interesting, Silver. I will pass that along. Yours hauls 14 bales, did I remember that correctly?

Maybe we can sell the truck and trailer--oh forget that, Mr. FH wouldn't think of selling a trailer :D ............... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have rented a Pride of the Prairie bale trailer similar to the Gobob several different times. I was always a flatbed gooseneck trailer and loader on each end guy, but the bale trailer is NICE! If you only have 1 loader, it's the only way to go. I rented the 12 bale model, and loaded them 2 at a time, and unloading is a breeze. I hauled 110 bales to the local feed yard, a 5 mile one way haul, weighed in, unloaded, weighed out, and was done in less than 5 hours.

Pretty hard to beat, IMHO.

Faster horses said:
Soapweed said:
Check these out. They look pretty efficient. Cherry County Implement in Valentine, Nebraska is a dealer.

http://gobobpipe.com/redrhino.htm

Thanks, Soap. I will definitely show that to him.

I think they have a pickup-pulled eight-bale hauler on hand, that you load with a tractor and unload by tripping a lever. It is brand new and priced at $5800. Looks like a good buy to me.

Latest posts