• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Round Bale unrollers?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jeff in ca

Reaction score
I am building an unroller for some round bales, I put up last summer. Can somebody post pictures of theirs so I can figure out how to finish mine.
Thanks Jeff[/img]

hhu2045man.html

http://www.worksaver.com/product/bale-3pt.html

Is this what you were thinking

gcreek has the best looking bale unroller I've seen, and he has posted pics of it on here before. Might be worth studying.

Some pics in these
http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54272&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=%2Abale+unrollers%2A&start=12

I'm sure Gcreek will show up and have advice for you

Here's one of mine.
DSCN9138.jpg

Here's the second one.
DSCN1032.jpg

They are built for 5' bales, about 55" between the round plates and about 35" between the pins closed. The second one was built a little lighter to use on a smaller tractor that is a little limited in 3pt lift capacity.

The link Nicky gave is as good as I've got right now. Frame width should be about 2 inches wider than the bale and the closed position of the arms should be about 2 to 4 inches narrower than your bale's width. That way you can stop it from rolling if you wish to scatter hay farther.

I priced one today for a friend from the builder. They are $1775 without the cylinder.
Our first one was built in 1991. Have replaced a cylinder and 2 years ago we drilled out the hinge holes from 3/4 to 1 inch. I bought it back then for $900, amortization is relatively cheap.
It has likely fed out 30,000 bales.

Cedarcreek said:
Here's one of mine.
DSCN9138.jpg

Here's the second one.
DSCN1032.jpg

They are built for 5' bales, about 55" between the round plates and about 35" between the pins closed. The second one was built a little lighter to use on a smaller tractor that is a little limited in 3pt lift capacity.

the storage stands on the first are a nice touch~~

littlejoe said:
Cedarcreek said:
Here's one of mine.
DSCN9138.jpg

Here's the second one.
DSCN1032.jpg

the storage stands on the first are a nice touch~~

Sure makes it a lot easier to drop it off to hook up to the grinder-mixer.

Latest posts